Can you describe this man?
我知道你只远远见过他
I realize that you've only seen him from a distance.
是的
Yes.
他穿着深色外衣 戴着深色眼镜
He wears a dark suit, dark spectacles,
蓄着络腮胡
and he has a beard.
年不年轻?
Young, old?
大概是中年人
He's about middle-aged.
看看我有没有弄错地形
Now, let me see if I have the geography correct.
这是条路 这边有个急弯
Here is the road, with a sharp bend in it here.
这边是查灵顿石南丛
On this side, Charlington Heath,
另一边是查灵顿庄园树林
and on the other, the woods of Charlington Hall.
你在弯道等了他多久?
How long did you wait for him here around the bend?
不超过2分钟
Oh, no more than two minutes.
因此他不可能原路返回
So he could not have retreated back down the road.
周围有岔路吗?
Are there any side roads?
这段路没有
None along this stretch.
会不会是往石南丛小路走了?
Could he have taken a footpath across the heath?
石南丛十分平整荒芜
Oh, the heath is totally flat and bleak.
我想如果那样我能看到他
I think I would have noticed him.
因此 根据排除推理法
So, by a process of exclusion,
得出结论 他走进了
we arrive at the fact that he made his way towards
查灵顿庄园树林
Charlington Hall.
卡拉瑟斯先生如何谋生?
Now how does Mr. Carruthers make his living?
他非常富有
Oh, he's a rich man.
但却没有马车或马
But no carriages or horses.
但起码他非常富裕
Well, at least he's very well off.
他每周进城两三次
He goes into the city two or three times a week,
有时会提起他的金矿股票
and he sometimes refers to his gold shares.
我明白了
Yes, I see.
你必须马上告诉我
You must let me know immediately
任何新发现的情况
if there are any fresh developments.
眼下我非常忙
I am extremely busy just now,
但我会抽空调查你的案子
but I will find time to make inquiries into your case.
谢谢 福尔摩斯先生
Thank you, Mr. Holmes.
与此同时 不要没通知我就采取行动
In the meantime, take no step without letting me know.
我相信我们会给你带来好消息的
I'm sure we shall have nothing but good news for you.
希望如此 华生医生
I do hope so, Dr. Watson.
非常可爱的女孩
Very lovely girl.
是的
Yes.
根据自然规律
And it is part of the settled order of nature
这样的女孩应该不乏追求者
that such a girl should have followers,
不过没人会选荒僻村路骑车追求
but for choice, not on bicycles in lonely country roads.
你真认为她身处险境吗 福尔摩斯?
You really think she may be in some danger, Holmes?
是的
Oh, yes.
接下来的星期一
On the following Monday,
福尔摩斯因为工作
Holmes found that he had business
而逗留伦敦
which detained him in London,
因此他派我搭早班车前往法恩罕
so, he dispatched me on the early train to Farnham
以便观察史密斯小姐
that I might observe Miss Smith's passage
经过查灵顿庄园所走的路
past Charlington Hall.
那里正如她所描述的一般
The setting was just as she had described,
庄园被茂密的树林环绕
heavily wooded on the side bordering the hall,
路的另一边则一片荒芜
and utterly exposed on the other.
我选好唯一的藏身处 等待着
I selected the only available cover, and waited.
华生 你在浪费时间
Watson, you have wasted your time.
我以为我做得很好
I thought I did rather well.
不 你的藏身处选得很糟糕
No, your hiding place was ill-chosen.
你应该藏在
You should have been in the bracken
路另一边的灌木丛中
on the other side of the road.
那样就可以近距离观察
Then that way you would have had a close view
那位迷人的孤身骑车人
of this fascinating solitary cyclist.
谢谢
Thank you.
而你却藏在100码之外
As it is, you were a hundred yards away
能告诉我的情况甚至比
and can tell me even less
上周六史密斯小姐说的还少
than Miss Smith reported to us last Saturday.
你说他伏身在车把上?
You describe him as bending low over the handle bar?
是的 低伏着
Yes, quite low.
又是为了隐藏面目
Thus concealment again,
对藏那么远的你来说很有效
which in your case worked perfectly.
你做得非常糟糕
Oh know, you really have done remarkably badly.
他走进庄园
He goes back to the Hall
你却一路跑回伦敦
and you come all the way back to London
去找房♥屋经纪人
to call on a house agent.
我查到了想要的信息
Well, I found the information I was seeking.
你找到个叫威廉森的名字
You found the name Williamson,
对我来说毫无用处
which conveys nothing to my mind.
我们得知他年老以及正派
Well, we know he's elderly and respectable.
因此 不可能是那位精力充沛
And therefore, unlikely to be the energetic cyclist
能快速逃开矫健年轻女孩的骑车人
that sprints away from that athletic young girl.
那我该怎么做?
Well, what should I have done?
去最近的小酒馆
Gone to the nearest public house.
那儿是乡村流言蜚语的中心
That is the center of country gossip.
他们会告诉你庄园内
They would have given you every name
从主人到帮厨女佣的名字
from the master to the scullery maid.
而不是你告诉我的… 威廉森
Instead of which, you give me... Williamson.
从你的远行中我们得知
So, what have we gained by your expedition.
那女孩所讲的是真事
The fact that the girl's story is true;
这我从未怀疑
I never doubted that.
骑车人和庄园有关联
That there is a connection between the cyclist and the Hall;
这我也从未怀疑过
I never doubted that, either.
庄园租给一个叫威廉森的人
The Hall is tenanted by a man called Williamson.
谁敢保证就是他?
Who is the better for that?
我明天就去小酒馆
I shall go back tomorrow and visit the public house.
不 不要草率行事
No, my dear sir, do not commit yourself to rashness
因为你暂时很消沉
because you are temporarily depressed.
星期六前做任何事都是徒劳
We can do nothing useful until Saturday.
我真的做得很糟糕?
Did I really do remarkably badly?
没错
Yes.
非常美
Very beautiful.
谢谢 卡拉瑟斯先生
Thank you, Mr. Carruthers.
这是首新曲子
It is a new piece.
我得多加练习
I need to practice it more.
我不是指音乐
No, I don't mean the music.
维尔莉特 我有个问题想问你
Violet, I have a question to ask you.
早上好 福尔摩斯
Morning, Holmes.
维尔莉特·史密斯小姐的来信
A letter from Miss Violet Smith.
卡拉瑟斯向她求婚了
Now Carruthers has proposed marriage to her.
卡拉瑟斯
Carruthers!
男士有求婚的权利 华生
Gentlemen are permitted to propose marriage, Watson.
他一定不知道西里尔
Of course he didn't know about Cyril.
你要去法恩罕?
Are you going to Farnham?
我想去验证我的一两个设想
I want to test one or two theories which I have formed.
我要一起去吗?
Shall I come with you?
不用 那样既无用又多余
No, that will be neither useful nor necessary.
去最近的小酒馆
Try the nearest public house,
那儿是乡村流言蜚语的中心
always a good center for country gossip.
谢谢 华生 很好的提议
Thank you, Watson, capital notion!
下午好 店主
Ah, Good afternoon, Landlord.
麻烦能来半品脱当地啤酒吗?
May I have half a pint of your local ale, please?
当然可以 先生
Certainly, sir.
- 给 - 谢谢
- Here you are. - Thank you.
零钱你留着吧
You may keep the change.
您非常慷慨 先生 但不行
That's most generous of you, sir, but I couldn't.
我没理由接受您的慷慨给予
I haven't done anything to warrant such generosity.
我正打算给你一个理由
I'm about to give you the opportunity.
我需要一些信息
I need some information.
我不爱瞎扯淡 先生
Oh, I'm not one for idle gossip, sir.
我也是 我更喜欢事实
Neither am I, I prefer facts.
跟我谈谈查灵顿庄园的人
Tell me about the people at Charlington Hall.
你是指威廉森先生吗 先生?
You mean Mr. Williamson, sir?
是的
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表