Sounds idyllic.
是的
It was.
是什么破坏了这份美好?
What happened to spoil it?
一位访客
A visitor.
伍德利先生
Mr. Woodley.
你怎么猜到的 福尔摩斯先生?
However did you guess, Mr. Holmes?
史密斯小姐 我从不猜测
Miss Smith, I never guess.
谈谈他的来访
Tell me about his visit.
他过来呆一个星期
He arrived and was to stay for a week.
对我来说如同三秋
But to me it seemed like three months.
那可恨的红胡子
Oh, that odious red mustache!
一天晚饭后
One evening after dinner,
卡拉瑟斯先生要离席片刻
Mr. Carruthers had to leave us for a minute
去门外见一位访客
to see somebody at the door.
有位绅士想见你 先生
A gentleman to see you, sir.
失陪一下
Will you excuse me?
这下可好多了
That's better.
什么好多了?
Better, in what way?
没有老头在这碍手碍脚
It's better to get the old folk out of the way.
我不认为卡拉瑟斯先生老
I don't regard Mr. Carruthers as old.
是啊 但也不如我俩
Oh, yes, but he isn't young...
那般年轻
like us.
我希望你别对着我喷烟 伍德利先生
I do wish you wouldn't blow smoke in my face, Mr. Woodley.
我可不信
Oh, I don't believe that for a moment.
不信什么?
What don't you believe?
当女人说不希望你做什么
When women say they wish you wouldn't do something,
她们通常表里不一
it generally means the exact opposite.
我没有表里不一
I mean precisely what I say!
伍德利先生 你能不能别烦我?
Mr. Woodley, will you please leave me alone!
不
No.
实话和你说 我会烦着你
To tell you the truth, I won't leave you alone,
直到我说出真心话
not until I've said what's in my heart.
什么意思?
Whatever do you mean?
我不懂繁文缛节
I'm not very well up on the social graces,
但我愿意学 只要你愿意教我
but I'm prepared to learn, if you're prepared to teach me.
这真荒谬
Oh, this is absurd!
一点也不荒谬 我在跟你求婚
It isn't absurd! I'm asking you to marry me!
我是诚心诚意的
I mean it, it's from the heart.
钱不是问题
Money isn't a problem,
我在南非混得很好
I did very well out in South Africa.
我可以给你更好的生活
Whatever you are accustomed to, I can give you better,
比你现在的要好
better that you're accustomed to;
珠宝 钻石
jewelry, diamonds.
如果你想要钻石 我可以给你钻石
You want diamonds, oh, I can give you diamonds.
我不要钻石
I don't want diamonds!
好好考虑一下 我不会催你
Oh, you think about it. I won't rush you.
我已经考虑过了
I've thought about it,
这个想法太可笑了
and the idea is ludicrous.
你不能责怪我的争取
Well, you can't blame me for trying!
你非常美
You're very beautiful.
为了消除芥蒂
Listen, just to show there are no hard feelings,
让我亲一下吧
what about a little kiss to be going on with, hmm,
就在脸颊轻吻一下
just a peck on the cheek.
伍德利先生 请你住手
Mr. Woodley, will you please stop it!
我说过女人表里不一
Oh, I told you before about women who say stop it.
不
No!
越挣扎 越有趣
The more they struggle, the more fun it is.
卡拉瑟斯先生 让他住手
Mr. Carruthers, will you stop him!
滚出我家
Get out of this house!
好啊
All right!
我走
I'm going.
我对老头可没有兴趣
I'm not interested in old men,
还有老处♥女♥
and old maids!
我对刚刚发生的一切
I can only offer you my most sincere apologies
表示深深的歉意
for what has happened.
如果我向你保证这种事再不会发生
If I give you my assurance that it will not happen again,
你能为了我女儿留下来吗?
for my daughter's sake, will you stay?
是的 我会留下来
Yes, I will stay.
谢谢 维尔莉特
Thank you, Violet.
自此之后我再没见过伍德利先生
Mr. Woodley left the house and I have not seen him since.
无赖
The blackguard!
卡拉瑟斯先生的举止
Has there been any change
有什么改变吗?
in the behavior of Mr. Carruthers?
没有 他一如既往 周到而彬彬有礼
No, he continues to be polite and considerate and courteous.
史密斯小姐 请继续说
Now, Miss Smith, please, please continue.
的确 还有一件事
Yes, there is something else.
也许是我多心
Oh, it may be a mere fancy of mine,
但似乎卡拉瑟斯先生
but it seems to me that Mr. Carruthers
对我有意思
shows a great deal of interest in me.
他什么也没说 他是位很好的绅士
Oh, he has never said anything, he is a perfect gentleman,
但一个姑娘心里总明白
but, a girl always knows.
我相信
So I believe.
而我推定
And I assume
你对此没有予以任何
that these feelings that you sense from Mr. Carruthers
感情上的回报吧?
are not reciprocated?
他是位友好慷慨的雇主
He is a kind and generous employer,
但我已经订婚了
but I am already engaged.
这位幸运的男士是谁?
Oh, the name of this very fortunate young man is?!
西里尔·莫尔顿
Cyril Morton.
他是位电气工程师
He's an electrical engineer
在考文垂的米德兰电气公♥司♥工作
with the Midland Electric Company in Coventry.
我们要在夏末结婚
We're to be married at the end of the summer.
祝你幸福
We wish you joy.
谢谢
Thank you.
然而我很困惑你为什么会来找我
Yet, I am puzzled as to why you have chosen to consult me.
你说的事的确引人入胜
It is an intriguing story, to be sure,
但我感觉到你的恐惧 却不知其因
but I sense you are frightened, and do not understand why.
你看来有足够的自我保护能力
You seem well capable of protecting yourself.
求求你 帮帮我 福尔摩斯先生
Please, help me, Mr. Holmes!
怎么了?
What is it?
我被跟踪了
I am being followed.
被谁跟踪?
Followed, by whom?
一个骑单车的人
A cyclist.
每个星期六早晨
Every Saturday morning
我从农庄骑车到法恩罕车站
I bicycle from the house to Farnham Station
搭12点22分的火车进城
to catch the 12:22 to town.
有段路程人烟稀少
There is one very quiet and lonely stretch of road
路的一旁是查灵顿石南丛
that lies between Charlington Heath on the one hand
另一旁是查灵顿庄园树林
and the woods of Charlington Hall on the other.
两周前的今天 我经过那条路
Two weeks ago today, I was passing this place
偶然回头时 见到一个男人
when I chanced to look back and saw a man,
也骑着自行车
also on a bicycle.
之后星期一回去时也见到他
The following Monday when I returned he was there again.
我明白了
I see.
上个星期六和星期一同样如此
And again last Saturday, and again last Monday.
你有跟你的雇主提过吗?
Have you mentioned this to your employer?
提过
Yes.
卡拉瑟斯先生非常担心
Mr. Carruthers was very concerned,
并订购了马和轻便马车
and has ordered a horse and trap
这样我就不必独自上路
so that in the future I should not travel unaccompanied.
但他们还没到
But they've not yet arrived.
今天早上呢?
And this morning?
他又跟踪我了
He was following me again.
我减速 他也减速
I slowed down, but he did the same.
我停车 他也停车
Then I stopped completely, but he did the same.
因此我心生一计来对付他
So, I laid a trap for him.
这条路上有处急转弯
There is a sharp turning of the road,
我快速转弯
and I pedaled very quickly towards this
然后停车等着
and then stopped and waited.
但他就这么凭空消失了
But he seemed to disappear into thin air.
你能形容一下这名男子吗?
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表