but he was unable to find any satisfactory cause of death.
根据你的描述
And your evidence would have shown
门是从里面锁上的
that the door was fastened on the inner side,
窗也关的很严实 每晚都是
the windows blocked by shutters, secured every night.
因此 可以确定的是
It is certain, therefore,
你姐姐是独自一人
that your sister was alone
走向死亡的?
when she met her end?
是的
Yes.
另外 她身上
Besides, there were no marks
也没有打斗的痕迹
of violence upon her.
会是投毒吗?
What about poison?
医生查了 没查出中毒迹象
The doctors examined her for it, without success.
那你认为 这位不幸的女士是怎么死的?
What do you think this unfortunate lady died of, then?
我相信她死于
It's my belief that she died
纯粹的恐惧和精神焦虑
of pure fear and nervous shock,
尽管我不知道是什么让她如此受惊
though what it was which frightened her I cannot imagine.
你觉得她说的带子是什么意思 斑点带子?
What do you gather from the allusion to a band, a speckled band?
胡话
Delirium.
或是戴着带子的人
Or some band of people.
庄园里的吉普赛人会把
The gypsies at the plantation have spotted
斑点手帕系在脖子上
handkerchiefs they wear around their necks.
里面有很多隐情
These are very deep waters.
你姐姐死后发生了什么?
What happened after your sister's death?
我的生活更寂寞了
My life was lonelier than ever
直到一个月前
until a month ago,
我的一个好朋友
when a dear friend of mine,
相识多年的
whom I have known for many years,
他盛情向我求婚
did me the honor to ask for my hand in marriage.
他叫珀西阿米蒂其
His name is Mr. Percy Armitage.
你们几周内就要结婚了
And you are to be married within a few weeks.
那你为什么来找我呢
So what prompted you to come here
你的生活似乎走上了正轨
when your life seems set so fair?
昨天 房♥子的修葺开始了
Yesterday, some repairs were started
我的房♥间被穿了个洞
and my bedroom wall was pierced,
所以昨晚我只能
so that last night I was forced
搬到朱莉亚死去的屋子里
to move into the chamber in which Julia died,
就睡在那张
to sleep in the very bed
她临死睡的床上
in which she slept.
想想我有多恐惧 半夜里被
Imagine my terror when I was woken by the same
预示她死亡的低低哨音惊醒
low whistle which had been the herald of her own death.
你点了灯?
You lit a lamp?
是的 但什么也没发现
Yes, but nothing was to be seen.
我害怕得睡不着
I was too shaken to sleep.
便穿好衣服溜出了房♥间
I dressed and slipped out of the house.
在皇冠旅馆找到辆马车
I got a dog-cart at the Crown Inn,
赶到伦敦 只有一个目的
and came to London with one objective,
征求你的意见
asking your advice.
你很明智
You did wisely.
可你全都告诉我了吗?
But have you told me all?
是的
Yes.
没有 斯通小姐
You have not, Miss Stoner.
你在袒护你的继父
You are shielding your stepfather.
他很严苛 可他仍然
He is a hard man, but he's still
是我唯一的父亲
the only father I have known.
我想到早饭时间了
I'd say it was time for some breakfast.
我还有许多细节要了解
There are a thousand details I desire to know
不然我无法行动
before I decide on a course of action.
如果我们今天去斯托克摩兰
If we were to come to Stoke Moran today,
能看看这些房♥间吗
could we see over these rooms
在你继父不知道的情况下?
without the knowledge of your stepfather?
刚好 他说过
As it happens, he spoke of coming
今天要来城里办事
to town today on some business.
那工人呢?
And the workmen?
我没看见
I have seen none.
我们有一个本村的女仆 来做打扫
We have a woman who comes to clean from the village,
但只在早上
but only in the morning.
那儿应该没什么人打搅你们
There should be nothing to disturb you.
很好
Excellent.
华生 你不会介意跑一趟吧?
Watson, you are not averse to this trip?
绝不会
By no means.
那我们午后去找你
Then we will be with you in the early afternoon.
我会等你们到来
I shall be there for your arrival.
你真不留下吃早饭吗?
You'll stay for some breakfast, surely?
谢谢 不了
Thank you, no.
我心里轻松了不少
My heart is lightened already.
哈德森太太 谢谢你
Ah, Mrs. Hudson, thank you.
当你联想夜半的哨音
When you combine the ideas of whistles at night,
一群吉普赛人
the presence of a band of gypsies
和他们过从甚密的医生
on intimate terms with the doctor,
还有一个斑点带子的遗言时
the dying allusion to a speckled band, well,
完全可以相信奥秘
there's good ground to believe that the mystery
就在这些线索里
may be cleared along those lines.
哪一个是福尔摩斯?
Which one of you is Holmes?
是我 先生
My name, sir;
但你应该先自我介绍一下
but you have the advantage of me.
我是格莱斯比·罗依罗德医生
I am Dr. Grimesby Roylott,
来自斯托克摩兰
of Stoke Moran.
是吗 医生 请坐
Indeed, Doctor, please take a seat.
我才不听你使唤
I shall do nothing of the kind.
我知道我的继女
I know that my stepdaughter
今早来过这里
has been here this morning.
她对你说了什么?
What has she been saying to you?
今年这时候比往年冷些
It is a little cold for the time of the year.
她对你说了什么?
What has she been saying to you?
但我听说庄稼收成不错
But I have heard that the crops promise well.
你在耍我 是吗?
Ah, you put me off, do you?
你这个无赖 先生
You scoundrel, sir.
我以前听说过你
I've heard of you before.
你就是福尔摩斯 爱管闲事的人
You are Holmes, the meddler,
福尔摩斯 挑事的
Holmes the busybody,
福尔摩斯 苏格兰场芝麻官
Holmes, the Scotland Yard Jack-in-office.
和你谈话真的很有趣
Your conversation really is most entertaining,
请你离开时
if you would close the door,
随手关门 貌似有阵微风吹过
on your way out, as there is a decided draft.
我不说完自然不会走
I will go when I have said my say.
你吃豹子胆了 敢管我的事
Don't you dare to interfere in my affairs.
我知道斯通小姐来过这里
I know that Miss Stoner has been here.
惹了我可没好果子吃
I am a dangerous man to fall foul of.
谢谢你 哈德森太太 只是个客户而已
Thank you, Mrs. Hudson, just another client.
多么可亲的人
What a very amiable person.
我可能没那么大块头 可是…
I may not be quite so bulky, but
他实在太傲慢了
fancy his having the insolence
竟然把我跟官方探员混为一谈
to confound me with the official detective force.
这倒使案子更有趣味了
Ah, this incident gives zest to our investigation.
我只是希望我们的朋友
I only hope our friend won't suffer
不会为轻率地留下了行踪
from her imprudence in allowing that brute
而吃苦头
to trace her here.
我一直在想一个问题 华生
One thought keeps nagging at me, Watson,
罗依罗德在印度的职业生涯
Roylott's professional life in India,
如果那么成功
if it was so successful,
为什么他会回来过这种
why would he exchange it for a life
没落贵族的生活?
of aristocratic penury?
我朋友库默可能会知道
My friend Cooms would know.
库默当时也在加尔各答
Cooms was in Calcutta around that time.
找到你的朋友库默
Find your friend Cooms
看看我们从他那里能得到什么
and see what you can get from him.
我要去趟医师协会
I shall walk down to Doctors' Commons,
希望能得到一些资料
where I hope to get some data
可能会对案子有帮助
which may help us in this matter.
我们下午一点在滑铁卢车站大钟下见
Let us meet again at 1:00 under the clock at Waterloo Station.
如果到时你能吃完早饭的话
剧集 | 福尔摩斯历险记(1984) | 导航列表