剧集 | 超感猎杀(2015) | 导航列表
We are all family now and I want to discuss our future.
我们现在是一家人了 我想谈谈我们的未来
There's nothing quite like an attempt on one's life
没什么比遭到刺杀
to make one examine one's priorities.
更能让人审视人生中什么最重要
Last Sunday, I had a meeting at the prime minister's office.
上周日 我在总理办公室参加了会议
And he told me that as a modernizer and a businessman,
他对我说 作为一个现代化改革者和商人
I am an electoral asset.
我有竞选价值
And this afternoon,
今天下午
for the sake of India and its future,
为了印度和其未来
I've told the prime minister
我告诉总理
that I most humbly accept his offer.
我恭敬地接受他的提议
Dad, I thought you said
爸爸 你不是说
you would not make a decision without consulting us.
你决定之前会跟我们商量吗
I didn't build this
我能建造
giant pharmaceutical empire by dillydallying.
这巨大的制药帝国不是靠婆婆妈妈
And how do you feel about this, Mum?
你对此有何感想 妈妈
Your mother has always supported all my decisions.
你妈妈一向支持我的每个决定
Support is the open secret of any successful marriage.
支持是所有成功婚姻公开的秘密
Mum?
妈妈
It is as your father says it is, Rajan.
你♥爸♥爸说得对 拉詹
This is a momentous occasion indeed.
这的确是个重大时刻
May I offer my congratulations to you, Manendra?
我恭喜你 麻南卓
Thank you.
谢谢
As well as my deep heartfelt wish
同时真诚祝愿
for this new family's happiness. Cheers!
这个新家庭幸福 干杯
Cheers. Cheers.
干杯 干杯
Wittgenstein wrote that
维特根斯坦写道
"The limits of my language are the limits of my world."
"我语言的边界限制了我的世界"
We tend to think so highly of language
我们如此看重语言
because we think so highly of ourselves.
是因为我们看重自己
Yet imagine being able to communicate thought
但是想象能不靠言语来交流
and feeling without words.
思想和情感
Words.
言语
Their inadequacy is a cliché.
其不足性简直老套
"Words can't express." "Words aren't enough."
"言语无法表达" "言语不足以说明"
"I can't find the words."
"我找不到合适的词"
But what if you didn't have to?
但如果你不必呢
Now, there is no way to prove
没办法证明
whether our early ancestors used language
我们远古的祖先是否使用
as we know it or not.
我们所熟知的语言
Yet, if language supplanted this older communication,
但如果语言代替了这种更古老的交流方式
the obvious conclusion is that language must be superior,
显然的结论就是 语言更加高等
sequitur quod, so are we.
那么 我们也是更高等的
More to the point, what evolutionary advantage
更重要的是 我们的交流方式
would our form of communication have over theirs?
与他们的相比有什么进化优势
What couldn't you do if people could read your thoughts?
如果别人能读你的想法 你有什么做不了
For starters, you couldn't lie.
首先 你不能撒谎
There was a time we thought
曾几何时 我们认为
our place in the world was the will of the Divine.
我们在这世上是神的意旨
As that rationale fell out of favor,
后来这种说法不再受追捧
it was the science of the Enlightenment
启蒙时代的科学
that provided any number of answers to our ascendancy.
为我们的支配地位提供了诸多解释
It is only recently, in light of the havoc and devastation
但直到最近 鉴于人类对这星球
our existence has inflicted on this planet
造成的破坏和毁灭
have we begun to question the nature of our supremacy.
我们才开始质疑我们霸主地位的本质
When we consider our ancestral relatives,
当我们想到先祖的近亲时
we have typically blamed their extinction on their own bad luck.
我们一般把他们的灭绝归为他们自己不走运
Mounting evidence however suggests that it was not an accident
但越来越多的证据表明 那并非意外
nor a failure of adaptation.
也非不能适应
Our cousins' untimely demise
我们近亲的早逝
was the result of a rather extended and brutal genocide.
是由于广泛而残酷的种族屠♥杀♥
And what's more, the children of these barbaric murderers
不止如此 这些野蛮杀人犯的子孙们
are actually sitting right in this room.
都坐在这个房♥间里
And standing at this podium.
还站在这个讲台后面
What happened to the Neanderthal? To the Denisovans?
尼安德特人 丹尼索瓦人 他们去哪了
To Homo asiaticus and naledi?
还有亚洲智人 南非智人
Homo sapiens happened.
智人出现了
We came along and we wiped all of them out.
我们出现了 把他们都消灭了
So I've been told you're working on a thesis
我得知你在写一篇论文
concerning the evidence for Homo sensorium.
关于超感人存在的证据
That's right. In your book, Being Human Beings,
是的 您的书《作为人类》中
you argued for their existence.
您认为他们是存在的
Does that mean you believe they could still be existing today?
那么您相信他们如今可能依然存在吗
Look, if you ask me what I know as opposed to what I believe,
如果你们问我知道什么 而不是相信什么
I know we've inherited
我知道我们
some important bits of DNA from our ancestors
从祖先那里继承来了一些重要的DNA片段
and as I suggested in my book, what we gained from the sensorium,
就像我在书中说的 我们从超感人那里得到的
the insula of the frontal cortices,
前皮质脑岛
which is fundamental to our capacity for empathy,
它是我们共情能力的必要条件
isn't just any part.
不是随便的片段
Some would argue it is the best part.
有人会说那是最好的片段
Can we ask you about one of your students? Dr. Matheson.
我们能问问您的一位学生吗 马西森博士
Matheson?
马西森
Names. Now you're testing me, Ms. Keene.
名字啊 这下你要难住我了 基恩女士
Your name is uncommonly familiar.
你的名字好熟悉
Have you written anything I might've read?
你写过什么我可能看过的东西吗
God, I hope so. That would make this so much cooler.
希望是的 那样可酷多了
We have a picture.
我们有张照片
Ah, yes. Matheson.
是啊 马西森
Very bright. Quiet, as I recall. Not much of a socializer.
非常聪明 我记得他挺沉默 不怎么社交
That's him.
就是他
What about him?
他怎么了
You don't happen to know how we could reach him?
你不会知道怎么能联络到他吧
We found a paper he wrote and
我们找到了一篇他的论文
we were wondering how he came to some results.
我们想知道他是怎么得出一些结论的
No idea.
不知道
Probably haven't heard from him since he left.
他走后大概就没了音讯
When was this, the '80s?
这是什么时候 80年代吗
My God, look how young I was.
天呐 看我那时多年轻
Now, if you have other questions,
如果你们还有其他问题
you can leave them with my assistant.
可以告诉我的助手
But I really have to run. Genetics lab in ten minutes.
但我得走了 十分钟后去基因实验室
Thank you so much for your time.
多谢您抽时间
What'd you think?
你怎么想
I think he was right about
我觉得他说对了
the advantage of language over telepathy.
语言对心灵感应的优越性
Because he could be just a sweet forgetful professor
因为他可能是个善良健忘的教授
or a really cunning liar.
也可能是个狡猾的骗子
Okay...
好吧
try this.
试试这个
God, that's good.
天啊 真好吃
It's from a farm I used to work on when I was young.
是我年轻时工作的农场做的
It was run by three sisters.
是三个姐妹经营的
They used to love my dad's music.
她们以前可喜欢我爸的音乐了
I told you that details are dangerous.
我说过细节很危险
He could be listening at any moment.
他随时会偷听
Sorry.
抱歉
You can feel it, can't you?
你感觉得到 是吧
I'm close.
我接近了
I just wish there was another way.
真希望有别的办法
Does she realize she's protecting you to death?
她知道她的保护会害死你吗
He's here. Should I get a shot?
他来了 要我去拿针吗
The Will Gorski who used to be a cop.
曾是警♥察♥的威尔·戈尔斯基
The Will Gorski who came to this island.
来到这个岛的威尔·戈尔斯基
The Will Gorski who wanted to save Ms. Gunnardottir.
想救古那多特小姐的威尔·戈尔斯基
That Will Gorski is dying.
那个威尔·戈尔斯基要死了
If he's not already dead.
或许他已经死了
Your concern's real touching, Milt.
你的关心令我感动 米尔顿
Oh, and that was really slick on the island bait.
岛那句真是狡猾的诱饵
Did I blink? Take a breath?
我眨眼了吗 喘气了吗
Or was I faking it...
还是我在装
剧集 | 超感猎杀(2015) | 导航列表