剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表
员工帮他约了周六看医生
The staff made a doctor's appointment for Saturday,
但他那晚就过世了
but he died that night.
护士按例在晚上10点 和凌晨4点查房♥
The nurses made standard check-ins-- 10:00 p.m., 4:00 a.m.--
她第二天早上10点进房♥时
and then found him dead from a stroke
发现他死于中风
when she went in the next morning at 10:00 a.m.
家属认为 要是他们更频繁地查房♥
Family's arguing that if they checked more frequently,
他或许还活着 因为中风患者
he'd still be alive, due to the crucial three-hour window
有三小时黄金抢救期
you get with stroke victims.
那段期间得到救治 就能活下来
Help during that time, you live.
否则就会像瓦尔特一样
If not, you... Walter.
发烧超过102度时 查房♥间隔
Check-ins go from every six hours to every four hours
会从六小时缩短到四小时
if the fever is over 102.
瓦尔特的体温在100度和101.5度 之间徘徊 所以严格来说…
Walter's hovered between 100 and 101.5, so technically...
谁在乎这个啊?
Who cares?
陪审团肯定会为了零点几度的差距 站在家属那边
A jury's gonna side with the family over a fraction of a degree.
同意 新策略呢?
Agreed. New strategy?
嗯…
Well, uh...
哇 我们这里有个叛逆份子啊
Ooh-wee! We got ourselves a rebel here.
好的 你在想什么说来听听吧
All right, let's hear whatever you're thinking.
喔 我没有在想什么 我在了解瓦尔特这个人
Well, I'm not thinking anything. I'm learning about Walter.
“秘密啤牌局夜晚 被抓到违规携带伟哥”
Secret poker nights. Caught with illicit Viagra.
喔
Oh.
或许我想到了什么
Maybe I am thinking about something.
瓦尔特在服用硝酸盐
Walter was on nitrates.
大家都知道硝酸盐加上那颗 蓝色小药丸等于中风
And everybody knows nitrates plus that little blue pill equals stroke.
呃 至少美国退休者协会里面的人 都知道
Uh, well, everybody in the AARP.
所以把瓦尔特的死 归咎在他自己身上?
So blame Walter for his own death?
我想法律术语是“共分疏忽”
I believe the legal term is "contributory negligence."
真是个难看的策略
Ugh. Ugly way to go.
喔 谁在乎啊?
Well, who cares?
听着 我就直说了
Look, I'm just gonna say it.
办公室里的人都知道
Everyone in the office heard about
你和朱利安在竞争合伙人的位置
the whole partner race with you and Julian,
所以现在不是讲道德的时候
so this is no time for morals.
你必须赢 因为我还有学贷要还
You got to win, because I have student debt.
还有 对你无比的尊重
And, um, uh, an immense amount of respect for you.
好的
Okay.
所以如果我们可以证明 瓦尔特过世那晚有服用伟哥
So, if we can prove Walter took Viagra the night he died,
那他中风就是他自己造成的
he could've been responsible for his own stroke.
我先去进行和解谈判 拖住家属
I'll start settlement talks, just to hold the family off, and you three
你们三个去养老院 跟员工们谈谈
head down to the nursing home and talk to the staff.
看能不能找到人爆料瓦尔特的事
Try to find someone to rat Walter out.
他们有可能会丢掉工作
They could lose their jobs.
有道理
Ugh. Good point.
不过住户更有可能跟我们聊 他的性生活
Although... residents are more likely to talk to us about his sex life.
你在暗示我应该去融入他们 因为我的年龄吗?
Are you suggesting that I should try to blend in because of my age?
因为那对我来说很冒犯
Because that'd be offensive to my sensibilities.
我开玩笑的
I'm just kidding.
如果瓦尔特有情人 我一定会把她揪出来
If Walter had a sweetie, I'll smoke that bitch out.
好的 咱们速战速决
All right, let's make this quick.
我不太喜欢老人
Not really an "old people" person.
看得出来
You don't say.
比利会去应付前台
Billy will deal with the front desk.
如果有人问起 你是我祖母
If anyone asks, you're my grandmother.
这也是Z世代挑衅我的方式吗?
Is that another Gen Z way of trolling me?
我是说 你跟我很明显 不是来自同一个基因库
I mean, you and I don't exactly swim in the same gene pool.
但你长得跟我祖母一模一样
And yet you look exactly like my grandmother.
我是领养的
I'm adopted.
这里是你接下来五个问题的答案
And here is the answer to your next five questions.
我是六个月大时被领养的
I was adopted when I was six months old.
是的 我的养父母是白人
Yes, my adopted parents are white.
不 我不会说中文
No, I do not speak Chinese.
不 我从来没有回去过
No, I've never been back.
不 我从来没找过我的亲生父母
And no, I have never looked for my birth parents.
我和我祖母就四处看看
Me and my grandma are just gonna look around.
那是瓦尔特
That's Walter.
嗨 我是葛蕾蒂丝
Hi. I'm Gladys.
你是新来的?
You new?
还不是 但我在考虑搬进来 葛蕾蒂丝
Well, not yet, but I'm thinking about moving in, Gladys.
我叫玛蒂 这位是我孙女莎拉
My name is Matty, and this is my granddaughter Sarah.
领养的
Adopted.
喔
Oh.
我祖母一直在问这里的社交活动
So, my old granny here keeps asking about the social scene.
你能帮我们介绍一下吗?
Anything you can tell us about that?
喔 我可以做得更好
Oh, I can do you one better.
要不要去见见姐♥妹♥们♥?
You want to meet some of the girls?
她们是花♥园♥姑娘俱乐部的 漂亮姐♥妹♥们♥
And here are my Shayna Maidels of the Garden Girls Club.
啊 她们都好漂亮
Ah, they are beautiful girls.
你会说意第绪语?
You speak Yiddish?
就三句
Three phrases.
现在我要坐在这里 跟你们聊聊天
And now I'm gonna sit on my tuchus so we can kibitz.
就只会这些
And I'm out.
长裤很好看 安泰勒的?
Nice slacks. Ann Taylor?
眼光真好 在畅货中心买♥♥的
Good eye. Outlet version.
在畅货中心买♥♥的问题在于 你会错过送货的小哥
Problem with outlets is you miss out on the mail-order delivery guys,
现在的送货员都好可爱
and they are so cute these days.
真庆幸是你说出来 不是我
I'm glad you said it, not me.
这里的社交生活怎么样 姐♥妹♥们♥?
Oh.So, uh, what's the social scene around here, ladies?
因为这几年要活得精彩 我可得卯足全劲
'Cause if these years are gonna be golden, then I'm gonna be grinding.
我可以保证这里不乏机会
Well, I can confirm-- there's action to be had.
那位是霍华德罗夫
That's Howard Roth,
前哲学教授
ex-philosophy professor.
他的腿不太好使
His legs don't work so well,
但他的舌头…
but his tongue...
喔 小妞 你真下流
Oh, Chickie.
她想说的是 他是个慷慨的情人
What she's trying to say is he's a generous lover. Mm-hmm.
只要别让他谈到尼采就行
You just don't want him prattling on about Nietzsche,
否则你就享受不到了
or you'll never get Foucault'd.
你们都知道霍华德的私生活?
And you all know this about Howard?
我们得要分享啊
We've got to share.
我是说 这里男女比例悬殊
I mean, the numbers just don't add up.
男和女的比例是一比六
There's six gals to every old buck around here.
嗯
Yeah.
我看你们最近刚失去一个
I saw you recently lost one.
我看公告上在追悼…瓦尔特?
I was looking at the memorial for... Walter?
对
Yeah.
他是个好人
Great guy.
手很有力
Strong hands.
问题是露茜
The problem was Lucille.
她求我们让她加入花♥园♥姑娘俱乐部
She begged to be part of our Garden Girls Club.
看起来是个合适的人选
Seemed like GGC material.
幽默又有魅力 桥牌也打得不错
Attractive, funny, played a decent hand of bridge.
但她一开始和瓦尔特交往 就把我们丢在一旁
But as soon as she started seeing Walter, she ditched us.
尽管我们明确地订下黄金法则
Despite the golden rule, which we made very clear.
喔 没错
Oh, yes.
什么黄金法则?
And what's the golden rule?
“花♥园♥姑娘比男人重要”
Garden hoes before bros.
(露茜莫利斯)
我自己在参观 结果迷路了
Um... I'm on a bit of a self-guided tour, and I got lost.
前台在那边
Front desk is down that way.
谢谢
Thank you.
你的房♥间真不错
You really have a nice room.
进来看看
Take a look.
就是基本的房♥间
You know, basic studio.
格局挺好的 还有个小阳台
Good layout. Nice little patio. Mm-hmm.
喔 你看
Oh, look at that.
你有珍妮丝贾普林的唱片?
You got Janis Joplin?
胡士托现场版
Live at Woodstock.
那个音乐节改变了我的人生
That festival changed my life.
我本来要当修女的
I was gonna become a nun,
后来没当成
剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表