剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表
晚安
Good night.
天啊
Oh, man.
朗达
Rhonda.
能快速问你一个问题吗?
Can I ask you a quick question?
嗯 玛蒂去哪了?
Uh, where's Matty?
她回家了 家里有事
She went home. Family issue.
只是…我们可能需要她
It's just, we might need her.
我们不需要
We don't.
肯尼迪明天早上要出庭作证
Kennedy goes on the stand in the morning.
我会在我的办公室准备
I'll be in my office prepping.
视点提交的证据有什么消息吗?
Any word on the VistaPoint discovery?
刚送到
It just arrived.
这就是我们希望玛蒂在这里的原因
That's why we were hoping Matty was here.
为什么?
Why?
典型的文件倾销手法
Classic document dump.
他们全都送过来了 就差厨房♥水槽而已
They sent over everything but the kitchen sink.
搞不好也在里面
That could be in here, too.
好的 我们还有14个小时 开始吧
Okay, we've got 14 hours. Let's go.
你怎么回家了?
What are you doing home?
不小心用游泳泡棉棒打到奥林匹娅
Accidentally hit Olympia with a pool noodle.
哦 来吧 艾尔菲
Oh. Uh, come on, Alfie.
-但我们得找到那份研究报告 -哦
But we have to find the study. Oh.
我知道你觉得自己像个笑话
I know you felt like a joke.
是我让你有那种感觉
I made you feel like a joke.
那不是我的本意
That wasn't my intention.
事实上
The truth is,
我选择成为你 是因为…
I chose to be you because...
你比我更讨喜 比茜
...you're more likable than I am, Bitsy.
是真的
It's true.
你一直都是这样
You always have been.
我原以为是因为你的成长背景不同
I thought it was because you had a different upbringing.
我小时候妈是个酒鬼
Mom was a drunk when I was a kid.
我得让自己坚强起来
Had to put on my hard shell.
但你的日子也没有比较好过
But you didn't have it easier.
只是你轻松面对而已
You just took it easier.
你没有让她把你变成一只 脾气暴躁的老乌龟
You didn't let her turn you into a grouchy old turtle.
不准叫我姐乌龟
Don't you call my big sister a turtle.
你不是的 知道吗?
You're not, you know?
当你愿意让自己去感受时 你也是个内心柔软的人
You're just a big old squish when you let yourself feel things.
我记得1987年我送埃利去上小学
I remember taking Ellie to elementary school in 1987
认识了乔伊丝韦伯斯特
and met Joyce Webster.
当时我38岁
I was 38 years old.
那是我最后一次
That's how old I was
交到真正的朋友的年纪
when I made my last real friend.
在认识奥林匹娅之前
Before Olympia.
我是说
I mean,
我有工作上的朋友
I had work friends.
也有同为妈妈的朋友
I had mom friends.
我真的会很想她的
I'm just really gonna miss her.
是的 你会的
Yes, you are.
但没关系
And that's okay.
你知道我还在想什么吗?
You know what else I think?
我认为你又重新爱上当律师的感觉
I think you fell in love with being a lawyer all over again.
你不必放弃这份工作
And you don't have to give that up.
你不必留下来
You don't have to stay.
我们还有九个小时
We still have nine hours.
不是我们 是我
Not we. Me.
你为什么这么在乎?
Why do you care so much?
我在雅各布森与摩尔工作
I work for Jacobson Moore.
这个案子牵扯到很多钱
Lots of money at stake.
而且我觉得自己有责任
And I feel responsible.
如果我跟你先生…
If I hadn't done what I did
没做出那些事…
with your husband...
你就不会聘用那些 糟糕的陪审团顾问了
...you wouldn't have hired those terrible jury consultants.
我只是想说对不起
And I just wanted to say I'm so sorry.
听着 我知道你们俩不幸福
Look, I-I knew you guys were unhappy.
是我主动的
And I made the first move.
如果这能改变什么的话
If that changes anything.
不能
It doesn't.
朱利安是成年人
Julian's a grown-ass man.
但我明白 也放下了
But understood and moving forward.
继续找吧
Now keep looking.
各位?
Everyone?
你找到了什么?
What'd you find?
肯定是这个
That must be it.
我在查阅超级燃料正在开♥发♥
I was going through R and D
一款儿童运动饮料的研发资料时
on a kids' sports drink that Hyperfuel was developing,
发现一个焦点小组
and I found a focus group.
你们看
Watch this.
你认为这就是消失的文件?
You think that's what the missing document is?
肯定是
It must be.
因为它是唯一一个没有
Because it's the only label change
相关研究报告的标签变更
that doesn't have a study attached.
威博夏制药公♥司♥研发出 定时释放涂层
Wellbrexa came up with their time-release coating,
并在标签上写道“请勿压碎药片
and they put on the label: "Do not crush tablets
否则会导致药物快速释放和吸收”
or it leads to rapid release and absorption."
但我们知道人们确实压碎药片
Except we know people did crush it,
成瘾者增加 销♥售♥额也大幅飙升
addictions climbed, and there was a spike in sales.
因为它根本不是警告标签
Because it wasn't a warning label.
而是一份使用指南
It was a how-to guide.
如何获得更强的快♥感♥
How to get more high.
那份研究报告肯定是在讲这个
That's what the study must have said.
这也是他们让那份报告消失的原因
And that's why they made it disappear.
我想…
I-I think...
我们弄清楚了
...we just figured it out.
那接下来呢?
Well, what's next?
我写信息给那名Reddit用户
I write a message to the Redditor.
我清楚地知道该说些什么
And I know exactly what I'm gonna say.
又是我
Hi again.
首先我想跟你说 你的行动很重要
First, I want you to know that your actions mattered.
你在Reddit论♥坛♥上的发文 改变了我的人生
Your post on that Reddit board changed my life.
(《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》办公室)
而且我知道你为什么这么做
And I know why you did it.
为什么你要对着虚空呐喊
Why you screamed into the void.
(请勿压碎药片)
你发文是因为你明辨是非
You posted because you knew right from wrong
而且你坚守正义
and you stand for what's right.
真♥相♥
The truth.
规则
The rules.
和正义那坚硬的外壳
The hard shell of justice.
但那不是你要站出来的原因
But that's not why you're going to come out of hiding.
你会站出来是因为在你内心深处
You'll come out of hiding because of what's underneath.
柔软的那一块
The squishy stuff.
你会站出来是因为你在乎
You'll come out of hiding because you care.
准备好了吗?
You ready?
为你介绍一下来自密西西比这边 最时髦的青少年
Introducing the most stylish teenager this side of the Mississippi.
你会挺身而出
You'll come out of hiding
为了那些失去父母的孩子们
for the children who lost their parents.
为了那些失去孩子后 再也笑不出来的父母
For the parents who can't smile without them.
再也开心不起来
Who can't laugh.
觉得做什么都很困难的那些人
Who are finding it hard to do anything.
你的座驾已经在外等候了
Your chariot awaits.
你无法体会他们经历了什么 但你在乎
You can't know what they're going through, but you care.
所以你会站出来
And that's why you'll come forward.
我要心满意足地回家了
I'm going home with a full heart.
谢谢你帮他
Thanks for helping him.
事实上 这让我和艾德文去思考
Actually, it got me and Edwin thinking.
你和艾尔菲的关系很特别
You and Alfie have a pretty special bond.
然后…
And...
如果我和艾德文发生什么事的话
Well, if anything should ever happen to me and Edwin,
你会愿意成为艾尔菲的监护人吗?
would you be Alfie's guardian?
剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表