剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表
(奥林匹娅:想快速谈一下)
没事吧?
Is everything okay?
没事 亲爱的 很抱歉在你上学时打给你 但…
Yeah, sweetie, I'm so sorry to call you at school, but...
就是 他们会移走旧的文件
It's just, they ship out older files,
威博夏可能会是下一个
wellbrexa could be next,
而我不知道还有没有机会看到它
and I don't know if I'm gonna get access again.
幸好你有传讯息
I'm glad you texted.
你有找到原始文件吗? 被涂销的资讯是什么?
Did you find the originals? What was redacted?
没有重要的东西 里面有私人资讯
Nothing important, there's just personal data,
但有另一个档案夹层
but there's this other file
看起来之前装满了东西
that looks like it used to be full,
但现在里面空空如也
but now there's nothing in it.
你能帮忙查这个原本有几页
Can you find out how many pages there were originally
而移走后又是谁签收的吗?
and who signed for delivery?
把定位编号♥传给我
Text me a photo with the locator number
-我来处理 -好
and I'm on it. Will do.
抱歉 我刚收到你的讯息
Sorry, I just got your texts.
罗拔准备好了
Robert's ready.
-你不用担心 -太好了
You don't have to worry. Great.
我其实想跟你讲另一件事
I actually wanted to chat with you about another thing.
有点私人 但不是什么重要的事
Kind of personal. Not a big deal, though.
-尽管吩咐 -太好了 呃…
I'm all yours. Great.
我想在调解会前跟你说
I wanted to catch you before mediation
请你帮我 你知道的
and ask if you could just, you know,
在会议上注意一下伊力查
keep an eye out on Elijah in there.
让我知道他有没有反常行为
Let me know if he's acting weird.
-反常? -对
Weird?
就跟现在的我们一样反常?
Like, this moment weird?
不 不一样
No. Different.
因为是关于我和他 而不是 我和你
Because it's me and him and not, say, me and you.
嗯?
Uh-huh
我85%确定你在说什么
I'm 85% percent sure I know what you're talking about.
我只想确认伊力查
I just want to make sure that Elijah
没有把其他的情绪 带到我们客户身上
is not taking other things out on our client.
所以 如果有什么反常
So, if it's weird,
我就需要确认是工作上的反常
I just need to make sure that it's just work weird
还是其他方面的反常
and not other weird.
明白了
Got it.
我会注意有没有工作上的反常
I'll keep an eye out for anything work weird.
-工作上的反常 谢谢 -好
Work weird. Thank you. Okay.
大家好 早安
Hello and good morning.
-早安 -早安
Good morning. Good morning.
卡尔波顿 你们的调解员
Karl Burton, your mediator.
快速讲一下防火墙的规则
Quick rules as to our firewall.
不确定的时候 小心为上
When in doubt, overcompensate.
最好也不要跟同事有太多社交
Best to keep the socializing to a minimum as well.
这不会是个问题
That won't be a problem.
同意 卡尔 我们要公平竞争
Agreed, Karl. We want a fair fight.
可别让奥林匹娅有理由 对我们的获胜上诉
Don't want to give Olympia a window to appeal our victory.
我一般会反呛你 但我现在要遵守防火墙的规则
I'd respond, but I'm respecting the firewall.
我们开始调解吧
Let's begin mediation.
只说重点 谢谢
Principals only, please.
很简单 我们理清了因果关系
It's simple. We've got causation.
水塔内有退伍军人杆菌
There was legionella in the tank,
华顿先生的妻子死于呼吸衰竭时
and Mr. Walton's wife died of respiratory failure
尿液中检出了退伍军人杆菌
with legionella in her urine.
而我很确定
And I am sure
他们不会想要我让一个 刚丧偶的鳏夫出庭作证的
they do not want me putting a grieving widower on the stand.
如果他们打悲情牌
If they're leading with sympathy,
那他们就是想要钓出一个和解金额
they're fishing for a number.
告诉他们 虽然我们的客户很同情 华顿先生的丧妻之痛
Tell them that while sympathetic to Mr. Walton's loss,
但这不代表我们的客户有所疏失
it's not a given that our client is negligent,
毕竟他们都有按照法规
considering they oversaw periodic sampling
定期做抽检以及消毒
and disinfecting in accordance with regulations.
没错 叫他们去申诉卫生法规吧
Exactly. Tell them to take it up with the health code.
这家检测公♥司♥受他们所雇
They hired this testing company,
所以它当然会给他们有利的报告
of course it absolves their client.
如果他们真的有心管理
Look, if they really wanted to meet their duty of care,
那就应该跟建筑与健康部门
then they should've registered the tank
好好将水塔注册在案
with the department of buildings and health,
一如法规所规定的
as is required.
都是烟雾弹
Smoke and mirrors.
这连因果关系的边都摸不着
They still haven't even come close to causation,
珊迪接触到退伍军人杆菌的地方
given that there are numerous places where Sandy
有太多可能性了
could have been exposed to legionella.
他们想要让一个 金额达数百万的案子
They want to hang a multimillion-dollar case
取决于是否能说服陪审团 我们的客户刚好
on convincing a jury that our client just happened
是在其他地方感染退伍军人杆菌
to be exposed to legionella
而同时病原菌也能在 他们自家的饮用水里检测到?
when it is present in the drinking water in their own home?
玩够了吧
Enough games.
跟他们说 两百五十万
Tell them two and a half million.
终于有个金额了 跟注
Finally, a number. Press the bet.
我们能给他们这金额的10%
We'll give 'em ten percent of that.
最高 也是最终金额
Best and final.
怎么了?
What's going on?
他们有一份调查报告显示 该大楼的通风管道
They have a study showing that the building's air vents
有源自某种树脂化合物的超标毒素
have a dangerous amount of toxins from some sort of resin compound.
这让我们宣称珊迪的呼吸道衰竭
This destroys our argument that Sandy's respiratory failure
完全是由退伍军人杆菌的论点 站不住脚
was caused by legionella specifically.
树脂?
Resin?
哪来的树脂?
Where would that come from?
我的画作
My art.
我在画作中会使用树脂
I use resins in my art.
天啊 他们是说 珊迪的死是我造成的吗?
God, are they saying that I'm the reason for Sandy's death?
我们的团队不承认任何臆测
Our team rejects any suggestion
华顿先生与其妻子的病情 有关连的论述
that Mr. Walton had a hand in his wife's illness.
而显然我们需要一点时间评估
And we clearly need time to assess the validity
你们刚刚做出来的指控的可信度
of what you just dropped in our lap.
你不需要时间 事实就是事实
You don't need time. The facts are determinative.
你需要放眼大局 着眼未来
You have to look at the landscape and move forward.
我知道怎么放眼大局
I know how to assess the landscape.
且华顿先生说他有文件证明
And Mr. Walton says he has documentation proving
他用来作画的材料都是安全的
the materials he uses in his art are safe.
你有四个小时
You have four hours.
在那之后 我们连二十五万元都不会给了
After that, the $250,000 we offered goes away.
你们有结论时 打通电♥话♥给我
Call me when you have something.
我不知道有没有反常 但绝对充满了敌意
I don't know if it was weird, but it was hostile.
对吧?
Right?
我来处理 你们两个
I'll deal with it. You two,
去重测珊迪的医疗检体
go get Sandy's medical sample retested.
我不管你们要用什么方法 逼迫那些科学家
I don't care if you have to stand over the scientists,
我三小时内要拿到报告
I need the results back in three hours.
去找罗拔
Go get Robert,
带他回他的公♥寓♥ 把那份文件找出来
take him back to his apartment, find that documentation.
在我开门前 总有那么一刻
There's always this moment, just before I open the door,
我会忘记
when I forget,
就短暂一秒的时间 忘记珊迪已经不在了
for just a split second, that Sandy's gone.
我了解你在说什么
I know exactly what you mean.
我愿意用一切交换那一秒的时间
I'd give the world to live in that split second.
好
Okay.
我把关于艺术耗材的文件 都放在了某个地方
I have the paperwork for all my art supplies somewhere,
我只需要把它找出来 虽然说
I just have to find it, although
想到我的树脂可能有毒…
the thought that my resins are toxic...
不可能 我一向很小心
Can't be. I'm so careful.
(什么情况?)
(艾尔菲:那边之前 有一份342页的文件)
(绝对有人把它移走了 我还在找到了谁那)
小心桌子
Watch the table.
我猜这些背后有个故事吧
Well, I'm guessing there's a story behind these.
我是说 它们跟你的其他创作不太一样
I mean, they don't look anything like the rest of your work.
对
Yeah.
对 有一天…
Yeah, one day...
剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表