剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表
唯一需要面对的事情是专业上的挑战
to put up with is extreme professionalism.
没错 我当初是可以挑另一个客户
Yes, I could have chosen a different client,
我可以挑一个完美的客户
I could have chosen a more perfect client.
而我希望能赢下这场诉讼的原因正是因为艾莉士不修边幅
But I want this win on the books because Alex is messy.
而我希望我女儿 以后也有不修边幅的权利
And I want my daughter to be able to be messy.
你是这样想的啊
You think that.
问题是这个吗? 你女儿?
Is that what this is about? Your daughter?
我…
I...
认为你家里有些问题
Assume there is some sort of issue
因为你的孙子跟你同住?
since your grandson is living with you?
问题就是 他的父母在车祸中身亡
The issue is, his parents died in a car accident.
我很遗憾
I'm sorry.
不 我不是重点
No, this isn't about me.
你的情绪也不是重点
Exactly. Or your feelings.
所以 把情绪放一边
So put 'em aside,
就像我也必须把情绪放一边
just like I had to put mine aside
并接受 虽然我经验丰富
and accept the fact that, despite all my experience
而且比周遭的人
or the fact that I am two and a half times better
都聪明上2.5倍 我还是必须把案子让给你
than everyone around me, I have to let you try my case.
我从没要求过要接手
I, I never wanted to be there.
对 不过你知道吗?
Yeah, well, guess what.
在你的手♥机♥响了之后 我就必须让你接手了
After your phone went off, I had to have you there.
因为有些陪审员因此笑了出来
Because some jurors laughed,
而我不想让他们觉得
and I didn't want them to think that I was being mean
我为了一个微不足道的错误而刻薄对待一个
to the sweet little old white lady
天真可爱的婆婆
who made a simple mistake.
我该怎么弥补?
How can I make this right?
回家吧
Go home.
好好熟悉诉讼程序
Brush up on procedure.
一步一步建构好你的交叉诘问
Build your cross step-by-step.
然后明天 你不只要击溃他们
And tomorrow don't just give 'em hell,
你要把他们辩到体无完肤
give them the damn heavens,
粉身碎骨、毫无招架之力
limbo, and everything in between.
因为胜诉是艾莉士应得的结果
Because Alex deserves a win.
-噢… -进行得如何了?
- Aw... - So, how's it going?
考虑到我整个职涯都是
Well, considering I was a contract lawyer
在处理合约法的 从来没踏入过法庭
my whole career and never set foot in a courtroom?
我得想个方法说服陪审团
I have to figure out a way to convince the jury
谢洛美布鲁克斯不是好人
that Jeremy Brooks isn't one of the good guys.
我们不能因为我经验不足而败诉
My inexperience can't be why we lose this case.
不会的
It won't be.
因为你总是能在压力下突破自我 玛德琳京士顿
Because pressure is where you thrive, Madeline Kingston.
你每天都在达成不可能的事情
You do impossible things every day.
跌破所有人的眼镜
Nobody ever sees you coming.
没错
True, that.
你只要进去尽情发挥就好
So you just go in there and give 'em the full monty.
还是我应该说 让玛蒂忘情演出?
Or I guess maybe I should say the full Matty?
不 别
No, you shouldn't.
然后 我会的
And yes, I will.
那就好
Good.
你知道我一直想到谁吗?
Hey, you know who I've been thinking about a lot?
格雷格欧文斯 你还记得他吗?
Greg Owens. You remember that guy?
他啊
That guy.
我记得
Yes, I do.
他也许根本没那么好笑
Maybe he wasn't that funny.
嗯?
Hmm?
总之 我只是在思考
Anyway, just figuring things out.
一步一步地
Step-by-step.
抱歉 忘了拿笔记
Sorry, I forgot my notepad.
你好 布鲁克斯先生
Hello, Mr. Brooks.
你好
Hello.
噢 我需要戴眼镜
Oops, I need my glasses.
呃…找到了
There we go.
不好意思
Sorry.
谢谢你们耐心等待
Thanks for your Patience.
好
Okay.
身为资深副总裁 你负责人事任用吗?
As senior vice president, are you in charge of hiring?
是的
Yes.
你为什么雇用艾莉士?
- And why did you hire Alex? - Well,
她履历丰富
she had a strong résumé,
推荐人给的评价很好
good recommendation,
面试表现出色
good interview. Got it.
所以你觉得她是一个好的人选?
So you thought she was a good candidate?
并且是个…好人
And a... A good person,
这也是录取因素之一吗?
is that a qualification?
是的 我是这么认为的
I'd say so, yes.
你介意告诉我们
And do you mind telling us
你觉得好人的定义是什么吗?
what your definition of a good person is?
以确保大家的想法一致
Just so we're all on the same page.
工作认真、和善、诚实
Someone who works hard, is nice and honest,
尽力做对的事 同意
and wants to do well. Agreed.
你认为一个好人会
And would you say a good person is
在工作时牺牲小我吗?
self-sacrificing at work?
当然
Sure. Somebody who,
会把事情做到最好?是的
who goes the extra mile? Yes.
那如果是一个从事务所中饱私囊的人呢?
And what about someone who steals from the firm?
那是…等等 这…
It's... wait, that's...
这当然不会是个好人了
That's obviously not.
我原本要把这一条从笔记中划掉的
I, meant to cross that off my notepad.
好 那么…
Okay...
但我想我可以问你
But I guess I could ask,
如果是一个罪犯呢? 罪犯是好人吗?
what about a criminal? Good person?
我认为不是
I assume no.
我也这么认为
I assume the same.
那你是个好人吗?
Would you label yourself a good person?
是
Yes.
明白
Got it.
我有点不明白
Just a tiny bit confused,
所以请忍♥耐一下
so bear with me.
你说
You said
罪犯不是好人
criminals are not good people,
然后你说你自己是一个好人
and then you said you define yourself as a good person.
-异议 与本案无关 -请求接近
Objection. Relevance? Permission to approach
法官席 法官大人
the bench, your honor, regarding
上呈一些敏感的不利证据
sensitive impeachment evidence.
这太荒谬了
This is ridiculous.
他已经表达了
He already weighed in on
对我客户前科的态度
my client's past criminal history.
这不能被采用
It's inadmissible.
我觉得在宣誓后撒谎 情节更严重了吧
I think lying under oath is a whole lot worse.
你就是这样让性♥爱♥影片被纳为证据的
That's how you got your sexy video in.
法规609号♥
Rule 609.
对吧 法官大人?
Right, your honor?
规定就是规定
Rules are rules.
你的客户自己违反了诚信 我允许采纳此证据
Your client impeached himself. I'll allow it.
布鲁克斯先生 你是否曾经犯过性骚扰的罪行?
Mr. Brooks, have you ever been convicted of sexual assault?
回答问题 布鲁克斯先生
Answer the question, Mr. Brooks.
我…
I...
…有
Yes.
但那项前科已经被删去了
But it was expunged.
还好我没有把这个问题从清单里划掉
Good thing I didn't cross that question off my list.
你走后门把公园管理方的证据登录了
Good job getting the parks and rec evidence in through the back door.
这帮助很大
It helped. A lot.
接下来的重点就是结案陈词了
But it's all gonna come down to closing.
我昨晚把我准备好的寄给你了
I emailed you mine last night.
我有收到
And I got it,
但如果你同意的话 我想要从另一个角度切入
but I'd like to go another way, if that's okay.
只要能胜诉我就不介意
As long as you win the case.
作为开头 我会说
I'm just gonna start off by saying,
如果我看起来很紧张
if I seem a little nervous,
剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表