剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表
与老朋友的对话
with an old friend.
你要保持开放、放感情 以及…
You want to be open, emotional and...
(莎拉:坏消息 发霉与致死因素不吻合)
没事吧?
Everything okay?
没事
Yes.
一切都好 我们开始吧
All good. Let's get started.
云妮莎 我们从头开始吧
Vanessa, let's start at the beginning.
回想你第一次带但丁回家时
When you first brought Dante home,
你能告诉我那是什么样的感觉吗?
can you tell me what that was like?
就是有新生儿的生活
It was life with a newborn.
很多脏衣服、尿布、晚上失眠
Lots of laundry, diapers, sleepless nights.
我能想象你愿意付出任何代价
I can imagine you would give anything
来重拾那些失眠的夜晚
to get those sleepless nights back.
当然
Of course.
我们来想想但丁死后的时候吧
Let's move on to after Dante died.
那些日子你过得如何?
What were those days like?
-很艰难 -你能讲得确切一点吗?
Hard. Can you be more specific?
你是怎么撑过一天的?
What was it like getting through the day?
你还要我怎么样?
What more do you want from me?
抱歉 但这是我们的最后机会了
I am sorry, but this is our last shot.
我们因所受的苦痛和折磨提告
We are suing for pain and suffering.
陪审团需要看到这一点
The jury needs to see it.
所以你需要我回到那个 我连自己都控制不了的状态?
So you need me back in a place where I can't function?
那是你要的吗?
Is that what you want?
当然不是 我只是…
Of course not, no. I was just...
事实上 我们休息十分钟吧?
Actually, let's just take ten, okay?
这太痛苦了
It's just too painful.
抱歉 我以为我帮得上你
I'm sorry. I thought I could help you.
-玛德琳 我很抱歉… -离我远一点
Madeline, I'm so sorry... Stay away from me.
我认真的 这太痛苦了
I mean it, it's too hard.
-那是什么情况? -会计
What was that about? Accountant.
要我给他一张保付支票
Wanted me to give him a certified check.
你还好吗?
Are you okay?
要挖掘她的悲伤 让我感觉像只秃鹰
I just felt like a vulture trying to tear out this pain.
-你在做你的工作 -我没有
You're doing your job. But I'm not.
我们还是无法证实污染源
We still can't prove the contamination.
现在我甚至怀疑这是否合乎道德
And it's unclear to me at this point if this is even ethical.
你知道吗 我在想办法让云妮莎哭出来
You know, I'm trying to make Vanessa cry.
我在尝试让她重拾创伤
I'm trying to take her back to her trauma.
但如果我们败诉呢?
And what if we lose?
那大家都会受到伤害
Then it'll hurt like hell.
但大多数人连第二次机会都得不到
But most people don't get a second chance.
-她根本不想要这个机会 -那是现在
She doesn't even want one. Now.
但如果她现在不这么做 我跟你保证
But if she doesn't do it, I promise you,
有一天她们会在半夜惊醒
they will wake up in the middle of the night at some point
然后后悔着没有把握最后的机会
and they will regret not taking this last opportunity
当个好母亲
to parent their child.
你与埃利亲近吗?
Were you and Ellie close?
有时候
Sometimes.
但她过世时 我们的关系并不好
But we weren't on the best of terms when she passed.
你能跟我讲讲埃利的事吗?
Can you tell me about Ellie?
她闪耀不凡
She was bigger than life.
她…
She just...
总是在追求更高的目标
...wanted more of it all the time.
而且她永远不会放弃
And you could not tell that child she couldn't do something.
我记得我有次带她去公园
I remember I took her to the park.
她大概五岁
She was about five,
而她完全不把那些幼稚的 儿童游乐器材放在眼里
and she was having none of that rinky-dinky kid play structure.
她直接走向了给大孩子玩的那个
She just marched right up to that big kid one.
挤开了旁边十岁大的孩子们
She pushed past all these ten-year-olds,
然后一举爬上了
and she climbed up to that
双层游乐设施
double-decker jungle gym.
你当时一定吓坏了 但又有点骄傲
You must've been terrified and a little proud.
我非常骄傲
I was a lot proud.
直到她决定
Till she decided
她喜欢大家对她的关注 再也不肯下来
she liked all the attention and she wouldn't come back down.
结局就是要送医打石膏
Eventually ended up in a cast.
她是个捣蛋鬼 那孩子
Boy, she was a piece of work, that kid.
她是我生命中的挚爱
She was the G-darn love of my life.
我很抱歉 我不是故意 激起你的情绪的
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to take you back there.
我知道大家都这么说
I know everyone says it,
但我不知道你怎么能够 在失去子女的情形下 继续下去的
but I do not know how you can lose a kid and keep going.
你会重新学会怎么呼吸
You learn to breathe again.
就是这种感觉
That's what it's like.
学着在一个 不适合人类居住的星球上…
Learning to breathe on some new planet that's...
重新呼吸
...totally inhospitable to human life.
接着有人跟你说
And then somebody says,
“跟我讲讲埃利的事”
"Tell me about Ellie."
总之 我大多时候都很好
Anyway, most of the time I'm okay,
就像我说的 但有时…
like I said, but sometimes I just...
我…
Well...
-我有点嫉妒泰迪 -什么?
I'm kind of jealous of Teddy. Mm?
你知道的 他戴着那些好看的念珠
You know, he's just working those rosary beads
充满信仰 相信命运…
and full of faith that there's a plan and...
他有在传讯息给我
He's been texting me,
顺带一提
by the way.
提供猜测、想法 想帮上忙
Theories, ideas, just trying to help.
做对的事情
You know, do the right thing.
他有一次跳到产线上
He once jumped on the line
然后用一只断手撑住了一条 40磅重的管线
and held up a 40-pound pipe with a broken arm--
我有跟你说过吗?
did I tell you that?
没错
Mm-hmm.
他的手臂当时打着石膏吗?
Was his arm in a cast?
泰迪 你能解释一下 污染时窗是什么吗?
Teddy, can you explain what the contamination window is?
那是我所在的工厂
It's the window of time when my factory
产出原告的婴儿
made batches of formula that
所摄取的那批奶粉的时间段
the plaintiffs' baby ingested.
而天花板曾经坍塌 你也弄断了手臂
And the roof collapse, when you broke your arm,
这些都发生在 感染时窗之前 对吗?
that happened before that window, correct?
对
That's right.
你打了多久石膏?
How long were you in a cast for?
八周
Eight weeks.
(打石膏期间 八周)
在这段时间理
And during that time,
-你仍继续上班吗? -是
- did you continue to work? - Yes.
公♥司♥不让我请病假
The company didn't grant me a medical leave,
但身为产线主管
but as a line supervisor,
我不需要频繁用到手臂
I didn't have to use my arms as much.
但你是否在某个时候用上了手臂?
But did you have to use your arms at one point?
对
Yes.
生产线上的一条管线爆开了
A pipe on the manufacturing line burst.
一片混乱
It was chaos.
可能会造成伤亡
Someone could've got hurt.
所以我跳进去 把管线撑住
So I jumped in to hold the pipe in place.
那是在预测的 污染时窗中发生的吗?
And that happened during the estimated contamination window?
是 没错
Yes, it did.
(管线爆裂)
你当时戴着手套吗?
And were you wearing gloves?
我总是戴着
I always do,
但我…
but, um...
我打着石膏时戴不上去
I couldn't get one over the cast.
以你的专业来说
In your expertise,
身为负责品质控管的主管
as a supervisor in charge of quality control,
你撑着管线的行为 是否可能造成污染?
was there a risk of contamination from you holding the pipe?
是
Yes.
我的石膏一定是接触到了外界
My cast must've touched an open end.
我肯定把细菌带进了无菌的环境中
I must've introduced germs into the sterile environment.
带进了奶粉内
Into the formula.
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
谢谢你 泰迪
Thank you, Teddy.
科波兰先生
Mr. Copeland.
你觉得自己撑管线撑了多久?
剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表