剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表
祝你挑选陪审团顺利
Good luck with your jury selection.
你是真的在帮我加油?
Are you really rooting for me?
分为三部分回答
Three-part answer.
作为一个人 我当然希望你好
As a human being, yes.
作为你在合伙人竞选中的对手 当然不希望
As your competitor in the partner race, no.
不过身为会赢下合伙人竞选的人…
But as the person who's going to win said partner race...
好 知道了
Okay. I get it.
你的玩笑总是开得太过头
You always hit a joke too hard.
一切还好吗?
Everything okay?
只是有只苍蝇要赶
Just a fly that needs swatting.
怎么了 雪伊?
What's going on, Shae?
你雇用格伦罗伊家的人 来帮你挑选斯莱姆德案的陪审团?
Did you hire the Glenroys to do your jury work on Slamm'd?
是伊力查推荐的
Elijah's recommendation.
他几年前跟他们合作过
He worked with them years ago.
我是公♥司♥内部的陪审团顾问 奥林匹娅
I'm the in-house jury consultant, Olympia.
这会让我很没面子
This makes me look bad.
听起来那是你的个人问题
That sounds like a "you" problem.
这个案子很重要 我需要一点新的观点
This is an important case and I needed a new dynamic.
而且 他们有两个人
Plus, there's two of them.
你吃那套夫妻的噱头?
You fell for the husband-wife schtick?
我认为他们是兄妹
I believe they're siblings.
听着 奥林匹娅
Look, Olympia.
-嗯? -我们能不能把话讲开?
Hm? Can we just clear the air about what happened?
你是说跟我先生有关的那件事?
You mean with my husband?
不必了
Pass.
我受够别人把他们的内疚感 丢到我身上
I've had enough people hand me their guilt.
你的就自己留着吧
You can keep yours.
今天我只关心我的客户
Today is about my client.
我得承认我今天很紧张
I got to admit, I got some serious game day nerves.
比我当年踢足球的时候还紧张
Worse than my football days.
我懂
I get it.
这可是两年的心血
This is two years of your life.
你现在状态很好 德加
But you're in such a great place now, Tucker.
但我们需要你把这一点藏起来
Which we need you to hide.
你是这次诉讼的代表人物 法庭就像一个舞台
You are the face of this lawsuit, and court is theater.
从挑选陪审团开始 这场戏就拉开帷幕了
Curtain goes up when jury selection begins.
你的痛苦要能代表全体被告的痛苦
Your pain needs to stand in for the entire class.
所以你被任命为首席原告
That's why you're the named plaintiff.
所以就算有好笑的事 也不能笑
So even if something's hilarious, no laughing.
微笑没关系
Small smiles are fine.
所以我才说不能笑 我不是说不能微笑
Which is why I specifically said "no laughing," not "no smiles."
我猜他们是兄妹
I'm getting brother-sister.
我猜是结了婚 但不幸福
I'm getting married but unhappy.
我猜是筋疲力尽
I'm getting exhausted.
我们必须从陪审团名单上 剔除任何有自♥由♥主义倾向的人
We need to reject anyone who leans libertarian from our panel,
任何可能会把责任归咎于个人 而非产品的人
anyone who might blame the person over the product.
我们想排除九号♥陪审员
We'd like to dismiss juror number nine.
需要排除的子群体 包括反疫苗者、末日准备者
Subgroups to dismiss, including anti-vaxxers, end-of-day preppers,
点赞那些社群媒体上 带有“民兵”字眼贴文的人
anyone liking social media posts with the word "militia."
我们想排除她 没错
We'd like to dismiss her, yes.
还有那些曾经被起诉过的人 无论是在工作上还是家里
And anyone who's ever been sued, either at work or at home.
我们希望排除23号♥陪审员
We'd like to dismiss Juror 23,
非常感谢你的参与
and thank you so much for your service.
我们会在你挑选的同时进行调查
We'll be researching as you go.
记住 一个不好的陪审员 会毁了整场审判
Remember, one bad juror can poison the whole well.
我最后一次异议
My last challenge.
剔除31号♥
Get rid of 31.
同意
Agreed.
32号♥看起来不错
32 looks good,
有个读大学年龄的女儿
college-age daughter.
律师?
Counselor?
是的 我们希望排除31号♥
Uh, yes, we'd like to dismiss 31.
好的
All right.
31号♥陪审员 你可以离开了
Juror 31, you may go.
由于双方的异议都用完了 我将安排32号♥陪审员入席
And since both parties are out of challenges, I will seat Juror 32.
恭喜你们完成挑选陪审员的工作
Congratulations on completing jury selection.
我们将在午餐过后开始开庭陈述
We will begin opening statements after lunch.
雪伊这段时间一直在那边?
Has Shae been there the whole time?
一直都在
The whole time.
今天的导生任务?
Mentee assignment for today.
嗯
Yeah?
让她离我远一点
Keep her away from me.
我知道他们有两个人
And I get that there are two of them,
但你现在明白为什么奥林匹娅 需要和我谈谈了吧?
but now do you understand why Olympia needs to talk to me?
莎拉 拜托
Sarah come on,
这太…
this is beyond...
你戴着耳机?
You're wearing earbuds?
你很有说服力 而我很容易被影响
You are persuasive and I am susceptible,
所以我在听《傲慢与偏见》 我要跟伊利沙伯班奈特一样
so I am listening to Pride and Prejudice and like Elizabeth Bennet,
-坚守自己的立场 -莎拉...
I am holding my ground. Sarah...
你不能接近奥林匹娅
You are not to approach Olympia.
-就这样… -这...
End of story! This is...
玛蒂
Matty!
我需要你帮忙
I need your help.
很讽刺
Ironic.
也很不幸
Unfortunate.
听着 我知道我们之间 有些不愉快 但…
Look, I know we've had our issues, but...
(艾德文:知道朱利安把文件 拿去哪了吗?)
你能不能把手♥机♥放下 先听我说?
Will you please put that phone down and listen to me for one minute?
跟奥林匹娅那起集体诉讼有关
It's about Olympia's class action.
陪审团的各位
Ladies and gentleman of the jury,
你们即将看到斯莱姆德 如何展开一场精心策划
you are about to see how Slamm'd engaged in a methodical,
耗资数百万美元的行销活动
multi-million-dollar marketing campaign.
是的 在这场行销活动中 包括促销活动
And yes, part of that marketing campaign included promotional events.
但是他们的网红代言人
But their influencers were given a safety speech to
都被要求逐字朗读一篇安全警示
recite word for word.
其中要求消费者须年满21岁 并且适度饮酒
One that required consumers to be over 21 and to drink responsibly.
但他们并不希望你适度饮酒
But they didn't want you to drink responsibly.
因为他们推出“爆♥炸♥蓝莓”
Because they had flavors called
和“烂醉西瓜”这样的口味
Blasted Blueberry and Wasted Watermelon.
是的 我的客户偏好追求乐趣
Yes, my client leaned into the fun.
是的 他们利用了社群媒体
Yes, they used social media.
但他们的目标是…
But again, they targeted...
像我客户德加霍斯这样的人
People like my client, Tucker Hoth.
他凭藉足球奖学金 进入阿♥拉♥巴马大学
Went to Alabama on a football scholarship.
大一那年 某天晚上他喝了一罐 斯莱姆德 然后就断片了
Drank Slamm'd one night his freshman year of college, blacked out,
等他醒来时 发现自己正从 一辆行驶中的车上跳下来
next thing he knows, he's jumping out of a moving car.
他再也不能走路 没错
And now he can't walk. Yes.
这很糟糕 没错
And that is terrible. Yes.
但我们已经售出数百万罐斯莱姆德
But we have sold millions of cans of Slamm'd.
只有一个人从行驶中的车上跳下来
And we've only had one person jump out of a moving car.
因为问题不出在饮品上 而是在于消费者
Because it's not the can, it's the consumer.
德加霍斯做了一系列错误的选择
Tucker Hoth made a series of bad choices.
而他的选择被剥夺了
And his choices, ladies and gentleman of the jury,
各位陪审员
were taken away
因为斯莱姆德的效用起得太快 而且又很危险
because of how quickly Slamm'd worked and how dangerous it is.
斯莱姆德是一款非常安全的饮品
Slamm'd is a perfectly safe beverage.
任何误用或滥用的责任 都应由个人承担
Any misuse or abuse is the sole responsibility of the person,
而非产品
not the product.
谢谢你 法官大人
Thank you, Your Honor.
准备好传唤你的第一位证人了吗 劳伦斯女士?
Ready to call your first witness, Ms. Lawrence?
我们需要一点时间
We're gonna need a minute.
哦…抱歉
Oh. Uh, sorry.
怎么了?
What's going on?
雪伊发现了一些 海登和艾莉漏掉的东西
Shae found something that Hayden and Alli missed.
32号♥陪审员曾用化名写过一个网志
Juror 32 had a blog written under a pseudonym.
问题很大
It's problematic.
多严重?
How problematic?
严重到可能会毁了整个案子
Kind of problematic that could sink our whole case.
劳伦斯女士不会是认真要在
Ms. Lawrence cannot seriously be asking
开庭陈述后剔除陪审员吧
剧集 | 老练律师(2024) | 导航列表