剧集 | 新百战天龙 | 导航列表
and the lives of several hundred innocent strangers in that hotel.
我绝不做这种选择 所以...
Well, there's no way I'm gonna do that, so...
你必须选一个
Yes, you are.
你现在已经发现我的第二个装置了
By now you've found my second device,
你推理出两个装置是相连的
and you deduced that the two are connected.
为什么你要这么做
Why are you doing this?
这不是你现在要关心的
Not your current concern.
先考虑一下今天即将丧命的人们吧
Just focus on the fact that people are going to die today,
你唯一能控制的是
and the only thing that you can control
决定哪一方去赴死
is who's doing the dying.
如果我两个都不选 不管这两个装置了呢
And if I choose to do nothing and leave both devices alone?
那么两个装置都会触发 双方都得死
Then both devices deploy and everyone dies.
如果你要疏散酒店住客 也是同样的下场
And if you try to evacuate that hotel, same result.
你还有...
You have until, say...
顶多一小时
the top of the hour
在这之前作出选择
before you make your choice.
这就是我们的选择吗
So those are our options?
要不就是查理摔死
Either Charlie falls to his death in that glass box,
要不就是日落酒店坍塌
or the Sunset View Hotel collapses,
-里面的人全都会死 -是的
- killing everyone inside? - Yeah.
差不多 我还有
Pretty much. And I have...
23分07秒
23 minutes and seven seconds
来解除其中的一个控制器
to disable one of those control boxes,
否则它们都会爆♥炸♥的
or they both go off.
既然我们不能疏散人群
Since we can't evacuate the people,
我们能把桶移走吗
can we remove the barrels?
我看到它们上面有与
I'm seeing the same sensors on them
小麦在电梯里找到的同样的传感器
that Mac found on the elevator.
所以我强烈建议不要这样做
So I'm gonna strongly advise against doing that.
同时解除
Well, what about disabling both devices
-两个炸♥弹♥呢 -不 不 不
- at the same time? - No, no, no.
它们都是交叉连接的
They're both cross-wired,
就像我爸爸的SUV下的炸♥弹♥
just like the bomb under my dad's SUV.
解除两个 两个都会爆♥炸♥
Disabling both triggers both.
那我们就像汽车炸♥弹♥一样骗他们
Then let's fool them just like we did the car bomb.
我们用一个相同的发信器 我
We'll get an identical transmitter. I...
不 不 那也不行
No, no, that won't work, either.
连接这些设备的发信器
The transmitters that are connecting these devices
正在发送由不断进化的算法
are sending unique signals
生成的特殊信♥号♥♥
that are generated by a constantly evolving algorithm
来阻止任何人
that prevents anybody
做你刚才说的 所以
from doing exactly what you just said, so...
听着 不管对方是谁
Look, whoever we are dealing with
显然吸取了教训
has obviously learned from their mistake.
好吧 那么我们有两个可行的解决方案
Okay, then we have two viable solutions here:
要么我们找到那个
either we find the person
安排一切的人 让他们停止这一切
who set this all up and get them to shut it all down,
或者 小麦找到办法解决满盘皆输的局面
or Mac finds a way to beat this no-win scenario.
没什么是你不能处理的 小麦
It's nothing you can't handle, Mac.
谢谢 但是
Thanks, but...
没有但是
But nothing.
明白吗 你可以的
Okay? You got this.
"上级"出动
Oversight is en route.
所有人都在阿利索塔集♥合♥
Everyone regroup at the Aliso Tower,
然后我们再研究下一步
and we'll figure out next steps.
-那不行 -要不
- That won't work. - What about a, uh,
摩擦制动系统
friction braking system?
有内部电梯 可以
With an interior elevator, yeah,
但是就汽车的重量而言 轨道太窄了
but with the weight of the car, the tracks are too narrow.
好 轨道下降到地下室
Okay, the track descends into the basement,
所以有一个小轴
so there is a small shaft.
如果我们把它充满某种气体来制♥造♥气垫呢
What if we fill it with some sort of gas to make an air cushion?
如果我们使用像氟利昂这样的重氟碳化合物
If we used a heavy fluorocarbon like-like Freon.
不行 因为我们没有足够的时间
No, no, because we're not gonna have enough time
让它达到气密 我们也没有时间
to make it airtight, and we don't have enough time
去找足够的氟利昂
to find enough Freon.
该死的
Damn it!
-安格斯 喘口气 -为什么
- Angus, take a breath. - Why?
让我可以更清楚我完全没有选择吗
So I can see more clearly that I have absolutely no options?
要么查理死在电梯里
Either Charlie dies in that elevator,
要么在满是人的旅馆
or a hotel full of people do,
我不知道该怎么办
and I can't figure out what to do.
好吧 焦虑对任何人都没有帮助
Well, getting yourself all worked up doesn't help anybody.
喘口气吧
Just... just breathe.
不管这家伙是谁 他把我们逼得无路可走
Whoever this guy is, he's completely boxed us in.
干我们这行的 有时我们只能在
In our line of work, sometimes we only get to choose
坏与更坏之间选择
between bad and worse.
酒店里的人是无辜的
The people in that hotel are innocent,
查理只是在做他的工作
and Charlie was just doing his job.
我就是这个意思
My point exactly.
我不能 我做不到
I can't. I-I can't.
在我的职业生涯中 我做了很多艰难的选择
I've made a lot of hard choices in my career,
有时很难承受后果
and sometimes it's hard to live with the consequences.
但时不我待
But when the clock runs out,
我们还是要做决定 孩子
we're gonna have to make a call here, son.
他为什么这样对我们
Why is he doing this to us?
这种道德困境不仅仅是设计出来
This moral dilemma wasn't just designed
危害查理性命的
to jeopardize Charlie's life,
而是在情感和心理上让你痛苦
but to make you suffer, emotionally and psychologically.
-为什么 -这是以后的问题
- Why? - That's a question for later.
现在 不要让它影响你
Right now, don't let it cloud your head.
再深呼吸一次
Just take another breath,
解决问题 相信你的直觉
work the problem, trust your instincts.
我百分百相信你
I believe in you 100%.
滑轮 加速度
我们遇到了一个无法解决的问题 所以
We've been given a problem that we can't solve, so...
我们来解决一个能解决的问题
let's solve one that we can.
我知道这草图看起来像瞎画的
I know this scribbling looks like gibberish,
但这被称为"阿特伍德机难题"
but it's called "Atwood's Machine Problem,"
乔治·阿特伍德于1784年首次提出
first explored by George Atwood in 1784.
他用它来研究恒加速度
He used it to study constant acceleration.
我还有别的想法
I have something else in mind.
这是什么
What exactly is that?
如果我是对的 这是一种截住坠落电梯的方法
Well, if I'm right, it's a way to catch a falling elevator.
如果它涉及到这么多计算 我觉得你成功了
If it involves this much math, I think you got this.
所以 我猜M1和M2
So, I'm gonna guess M1 and M2
不是用来缓冲坠落的巨大床垫
aren't giant mattresses to cushion the fall,
你需要什么
so what do you need?
首先 一把热刀
For starters, a hot knife.
电梯电缆其实就是绳索
Elevator cables are actually ropes,
阿利索塔 地下室
由合成纤维编织在一起
braids of synthetic fibers woven together
让它们变得更强韧
to make them really strong.
好了 拉
Okay, pull!
不幸的是 截住坠落的电梯
Unfortunately, catching a falling elevator
不像在两个电梯之间
is not as simple as attaching a rope
系上绳索那么简单
from one elevator to a second.
你必须考虑抗拉强度等因素
You have to account for things like tensile strength,
绳子能承受多少的重量与伸缩度
how much weight the rope will hold, and elasticity,
因为就算是最结实的绳子也会延展
because even the strongest rope will stretch.
如果要在绳子上打一个结实的结
And when it comes to tying a strong knot in that rope,
凿子可以起到很好的支撑作用
a chisel makes a good fid,
但索尾插结还是得靠运气
but back-splicing is still a roll of the dice.
-怎么样了 -快了
- How's it looking? - Uh, yeah, we're close.
我和阮特工要先去酒店
Agent Nguyen and I are gonna head over to the hotel.
好的 爸
Okay. Hey, Dad, uh,
感谢你之前和我谈话
thanks for the talk earlier.
我之前很困惑
I was spiraling, and, um...
安格斯 我是你♥爸♥
Angus, I'm your dad.
你永远用不着谢我
You never have to say thank you for anything.
你打算切断这个电梯的绳子
Okay, so you're gonna let the rope to this elevator get cut,
然后让另一根电梯绳接住我
剧集 | 新百战天龙 | 导航列表