But I think...
我那样说是因为它使我感觉更好
‐ I think I used to say that because it made me feel better
无论我的工作有多...
about how...
多么的不尽人意
unimpressive my work life was.
我甚至说服自己接受家庭为先的观念
I even talked myself into believing it.
我从未在好莱坞取得过成功 这并不重要
It didn't matter that I never hit it in Hollywood.
我首先是个有家室的人
I was a family man first.
但我不是
But I wasn't.
我应该对你坦诚这
And I should have been honest with you about that.
我爱你
I love you.
我很抱歉发生了这种事
And I'm so sorry this has happened.
但事实是...
But the truth is...
阿尔玛和厄休拉是对的
Alma and Ursula are right.
我已经超越了你
I've outgrown you.
我知道这听起来像一个陈词滥调
I know it sounds like a cliché
我们会以这样或那样的方式分手
that we would have broken up one way or another.
也许这种方式
And maybe this way is actually, in some ways,
对你来说不那么痛苦
less painful for you.
当你在电视上看到我
I can't imagine you having to tolerate seeing me on TV
在所有的颁奖典礼上和...
at all the award shows and‐‐
还有杂♥志♥封面 和这个或那个女明星约会
‐ And magazines and dating this starlet or that.
那会毁了你
It would have destroyed you.
再想想这对阿尔玛
And think about how complicated it would have been
和宝宝来说会是多么复杂
for Alma and the baby.
我以前就说过 现在我还是要说
‐ Well, I said it before, and I'll say it again:
有些人有天赋 有些人没有
some people have it, and some people don't.
想让一个没有天赋的人有所作为
There is nothing more tragic, pathetic, and sad
真是太悲惨 可怜和可悲了
than a person with no talent trying to make it in the world.
就是这了
‐ This is it.
确实很壮观
‐ Oh, really something.
值得一来
It's almost worth the walk.
看
Hey, look.
那看起来像我们的午餐
It's like our very own picnic.
它注定如此
Like it was meant to be.
如果你想要你的 《星夜》
If you want your "Starry Night,"
你就得吃东西
you have to feed.
我知道
‐ I know.
然后你会明白
‐ Then you'll see.
我们会成为一个团队
We'll be a team.
你和我两个人
It'll be you and me.
你想这样 我知道你想
You want this. I know you do.
让我帮助你
Let me help you.
我想我们俩都需要帮助 米基
‐ I think I'm gonna help us both, Mickey.
我们要去哪里
‐ Where are we going?
我们要去和那位漂亮的女士谈谈
‐ You and I need to talk to the nice lady
那个制♥作♥出那些美妙的小药丸的
who makes those wonderful little pills‐‐
化学家
the Chemist.
为什么
‐ Why?
我需要她给我提供足够的药丸
‐ Well, I need her to supply me with enough
这样我就可以建立一个最成功的
so I can start the most successful
好莱坞的文学和人才机构
Hollywood literary and talent agency of all time.
你为什么需要我
‐ And why do you need me?
谁能拒绝一个可爱的孩子呢
‐ Well, who could resist a cute‐as‐a‐button kid?
你只要给她一双大眼睛 再像雾都孤儿里那样
You just give her the big eyes and the Oliver Twist,
说些 "先生 请再给我一些 "的废话
"Please, sir, may I have some more" bullshit,
你就会让她心软
and you'll soften her up for my good, hard sell
让她对我的推销心动
right up the ass.
剧集 | 美国恐怖故事 | 导航列表