五年前
你好啊
‐ Hi, hi.
诺曼·梅勒住在隔壁的隔壁
Norman Mailer lived, uh, two doors down.
有一天晚上我看到他把雷普·汤恩的耳朵咬掉了
I saw him bite Rip Torn's ear off one night.
恍如隔世一般
Seems like a different lifetime.
如果你想要更多的活动
If you're looking for more action, I can, uh,
我给你看看商业街上有什么
show you something on Commercial Street.
但你应该知道 到了十一月 即使是市中心
But you should know that by November, even downtown
也很空旷和安静 以至于蚊子放的屁都听得清楚
is so empty and quiet that you could hear a gnat fart.
我喜欢这种安静
‐ I like the quiet.
我需要隐私
Need my privacy.
通风情况如何
How's the ventilation?
这些老房♥子一般都很闷
These old houses can get pretty stuffy.
你是作家吗
‐ You a writer?
画家
Painter?
隐士
Hermit?
我知道你来这里不是为了社交
I know you're not here for the social scene,
不管你是来干嘛
whatever's left of it.
我在这里已经呆了50年了
I've been here for 50 years.
你知道 在以前 你走在市中心
You know, back in the day, you'd walk downtown,
会看到男孩们在门廊前被♥操♥屁♥股♥
and you'd see boys getting butt‐fucked on front porches
就像一幅变♥态♥的诺曼·洛克威尔的画
like some kind of perverted Norman Rockwell painting.
真正的美国同性恋
It was true homosexual Americana.
现在是妈妈和爸爸或爸爸和妈妈或妈妈和妈妈
Now it's Mom and Dad or Dad and Dad or Mom and Mom
整个夏天连婴儿车都堵车
and baby stroller gridlock all fucking summer long.
我之前在普罗维登斯的实验室工作
‐ I just left my job at a lab in Providence.
你是干啥的 化学家
‐ What are you, a chemist?
往事不堪回首
‐ It was an ugly divorce.
我只是需要一些独处的时间
I just need some time alone.
那就少说废话
‐ Let's cut the bullshit.
一个大城市的化学家
A big‐city chemist looking for a quiet place
在这个小镇上寻找一个安静的 通风良好的地方
with great ventilation in a town where the things
而在这里 一年里有八个月都是那样的
that are most plentiful for eight months a year
充斥着瘾君子 大海和抑郁症
are methheads, choppy seas, and depression?
这听起来像是一个女人在寻找
That sounds like a woman looking to set up
她自己的小冰♥毒♥实验室
her own little meth lab.
我有哈佛大学的博士学位
‐ I have a PhD from Harvard.
制冰♥毒♥远远低于我的工资水平
Meth is well below my pay grade.
很好
‐ Good.
因为警长有一个灵敏的鼻子
'Cause the sheriff has a nose like a truffle pig
闻那些东西灵
for that junk.
只是想找点安静的地方
‐ Just lookin' for some quiet.
我要了
I'll take it.
你认识那个人吗 特克斯
‐ Do you know that guy, uh, Tex?
他在码头上巡视
He cruises the docks?
等等 别告诉我 他来自德克萨斯
‐ Wait, don't tell me. He's from Texas.
是啊 你怎么知道
‐ Yeah. How'd you know?
总之 他教了我这一招
Anyway, he taught me this trick
你可以在男人高♥潮♥之前做的
you do right before a guy comes.
嗯 你按下他的阴♥部♥
‐ Mm. ‐ You press down on his taint,
只要你的时机恰到好处
you time it just right,
你就能让他马上再次高♥潮♥
you can get him to come again right away.
嗯 但你只收我一次的钱 对吗
‐ Mm, but you'll charge me for just the one, right?
是的
‐ Exactly.
你这么搞可不守“行规”呀
‐ You're playing out of your league.
滚吧
Scram.
听着 我能不能借十块钱
‐ Look, can I just borrow ten bucks?
我说了滚蛋 瘾君子
‐ I said scram, methhead.
嗨
‐ Hi. ‐ Hi.
我是新来的 有一些闲钱
‐ I'm new in town, got a few extra bucks.
你和女的做吗
You do girls too?
是的
‐ Yep.
瞧瞧 我真是个绅士
Look at that. I'm a gentleman.
什么都别碰
Don't touch anything.
那么 你想要什么
‐ So, uh, what do you want?
我接客的
Kind of do things as a standard
收费标准是
sliding scale kind of deal.
口♥交♥是50美元
It's, uh, $50 for oral.
直接做♥爱♥ 是100美元
Straight‐up sex, that's $100,
但我目前正在进行万圣节特别活动
but I'm currently running a Halloween special.
只要20块钱 我什么都可以做
I'll do anything for 20 bucks.
但是万圣节还有一个星期才到
‐ But Halloween isn't for a week.
嗯 这是一个 季节性的活动
‐ Mm. It's a, um, seasonal thing.
我只是想谈谈
‐ I just wanna talk.
我会付你钱
I'll pay you for your time.
好的
‐ All right.
告诉我你的梦想
‐ Tell me about your dreams.
晚上的
‐ Like, at night?
不 在生活中
‐ No. Like, in life.
你曾经想过做一个模特或者为洋基队效力吗
You ever wanna be a model or play for the Yankees?
你真的认为我可以成为一个模特
‐ You really think I could be a model?
不 但你一定有所长
‐ No. But you must have something.
每个人都有
Everyone does.
好吧 我写了点文章
‐ Well, I write a little.
你写得好吗
‐ You any good?
我不知道
‐ I don't know.
我从来没有给别人看过
I don't think I've ever shown anyone
我写过的东西 但是 呃...
anything I've written before, but, uh...
我认为我很棒
um, yeah, you know, I think I'm pretty good.
怎么了 你是个大牌的电影制片人吗
Why, you, like, a big‐time movie producer or something?
我是一名生化工程师
‐ I'm a biochemical engineer.
在过去的9年里 我与美国♥军♥方一起工作
Spent the past nine years working with the U. S. military
试图了解和解锁
trying to understand and unlock
大脑的创造性部分
the creative parts of the brain.
他们想制♥造♥更有创造力的士兵
‐ They wanna make more creative soldiers?
相反
‐ Less.
他们不希望他们为自己思考
They don't want them to think for themselves.
但要锁住创造性的头脑
But to lock up the creative mind,
我们也必须了解如何解锁它
we also have to understand how to unlock it.
我们有大量的研究
We have tons of research
通过研究具有高度创造性的人
from studying highly creative people.
他们中的每一个人都说了同样的话
Every one of 'em says the same thing.
他们不知道它是从哪里来的
They don't know where it comes from.
但我知道
But I do.
脑枕叶
The occipital lobe.
有天赋的人在那个区域
Talented people have denser, more numerous clusters
有更密集 更多的神经元集群
of neurons in that area.
我不在乎你是不是莎士比亚
I don't care if you are Bill fucking Shakespeare.
只要我在你脑袋那个部位狠狠地打一下
If I whack you hard enough in that part of your head,
你就再也写不出来了
you'll never write again.
所以我开始开♥发♥一种针对该区域的药物
So I started developing a drug to target that area.
让大脑中那部分的神经元
Made the neurons in that part of the brain fire at 10,
以他们平常增速的
50, 1,000 times faster and more frequently
10 50 1000倍的速度和频率增长
than they usually do.
呃 哇 呃...
‐ Uh, wow, um...
它有用吗
Did it work?
我们开始在灵长类动物身上测试
‐ We started testing it on primates.
是的 在一些猿猴身上
And yeah, it worked...
它起作用了...
on some of the apes.
在我们给它们用药之前
The ones who tested higher on cognitive tests
那些在认知测试中成绩较高的猿猴
before we gave them the medicine.
突然间 他们可以在键盘上演奏复杂的音符
Suddenly, they could play complex notes on a keyboard.
那如果没有起效的呢
‐ So, um, what happened to the ones it, like, didn't work on?
他们变得非常有攻击性
‐ They became highly aggressive.
嗜血
Bloodthirsty.
把其他猿猴的肢体撕碎
Tore the other apes limb from limb.
我认为药物对于有天赋和没有的人
I think the medicine has different effects
有不同的影响
on creative and noncreative people.
就像没天赋的人
It's almost like the noncreative ones
在直视自身之前
can tolerate their lack of talent
一直都忍♥受着碌碌无为的自己
剧集 | 美国恐怖故事 | 导航列表