又或者经营你♥爸♥爸的体育用品店
or help run your daddy's sporting goods store.
我爸爸是律师
My father was a lawyer.
没错 但你选择当一个作家
Yes, but you chose to be a writer.
因为你并不生活在这凡尘俗世中
Because you don't really live in this world.
你观察它
You observe it.
解释它 品味它
You interpret it. You feed off of it.
然后你便坐下整理文字
And then you sit and you put words together
来让那些沦落于人间的可怜鬼们
so that the poor suckers who do live in the world
看清自己的长相
can see what they look like,
认清他们的身份 明白他们受伤的理由
who they are, why they hurt.
你选择当作家是因为你想要爱
And you chose it because you want love
需要关注
and attention
也要无尽的财富
and barrels of money.
这太疯狂了
It's fucking insane.
但唯一能填补
But those are the only things
你灵魂上的洞的
that can fill that hole
就是这些药了
in your soul.
灵魂上
Hole
的洞
in your soul.
灵魂上的洞
Hole in your soul.
灵魂上的洞
Hole in your soul!
灵魂上的洞
Hole in your soul.
我不喜欢没有回头路的选择
I don't like choices you can't come back from.
你真的是一个作家吗
Are you a real writer?
我觉得是的
I like to think so.
我觉得不是
I don't think you are.
因为如果你是一个真正的作家
Cause if you were...
那你就不会关心
You wouldn't care what the price was
找到写作灵感的代价了
for getting uncorked.
你宁愿死
You'd rather die
也不想让那些优美的词语
than keep all of those wonderful words
隐藏在你的心里
bottled up inside of you.
拿着吧 哈利
Take the pill, Harry.
至少试试它吧
Or at least try it.
哈利
Harry.
你不会后悔的
You won't be sorry!
嗨 厄休拉
Hi, Ursula.
嘿 哈利
Hey, Harry.
在普罗温斯敦过的怎么样
How's P-town? Are you having any "chowdah"
有灵感了吗
while you're "pahking"?
其实这里有点诡异
You know, to be honest, it's been kind of weird here.
我们马上就要离开了
We're about to leave, actually.
等下 你说什么 为什么 你要去哪里
Wait, what? Why? Where you gonna go?
回市里
Back to the city till I can
直到我找到其他可以写作的地方
find someplace else for me to go write.
听好了 哈利
Okay, uh, Harry?
绝对没门
No fucking way.
你就待在那里
You need to stay there
写你的试播稿 你昨天就该交了
and finish your pilot, like, yesterday.
我明白 但...
I know, I'm just...
我真的没什么灵感
I'm really not feeling it yet.
好了 哈利 我就直白点告诉你了
Okay, Harry, I'm gonna speak straight to you.
我去你个屁♥股♥蛋子
Fuck you really hard right up the ass.
没灵感
Not feeling it?
说唱歌♥手可以没灵感
Rappers are allowed to not feel it.
评价朋友试穿的衣服的女生
Uh, girlfriends commenting on clothes
也可以没有灵感
their friends are trying on are allowed to not feel it.
但你是一个职业作家
You are a professional writer,
每次工作找上门的时候 你就必须
and you feel it when the work bell rings,
有灵感
every time.
那现在写完试播稿和六个月以后写完
What's the difference if the pilot's done now
又有什么区别呢
or six months from now?
好吧 哈利 我把话说得再清楚一点
Okay, Harry, I'm gonna speak even straighter to you.
你明白你之前的职业几乎
Do you understand that the job you used to have
要消亡了吧
literally does not exist anymore?
通过网络程序合作录碟什么的
I mean, co-EP on some network procedural?
那些都是老古董了
Those shows are dinosaurs.
如果你还想保住作家这一饭碗
If you want to continue being a professional writer,
那你就得写点自己的东西出来
you've gotta create your own thing.
现在就开始
Now. Today.
听着 你知道我是喜欢你的 好吗
Look buddy, you know I love you, okay?
但如果这次你搞砸了
But if you screw this up,
哪怕是一点点
it's gonna take you years to recover
你也要花好几年时间来恢复
if you ever even do.
拜拜 去写吧
Goodbye. Go write.
剧集 | 美国恐怖故事 | 导航列表