剧集 | 佐伊的读心歌单 | 导航列表
首先 哇哦
First of all, whoa.
其次 你为什么不告诉我
Secondly, why didn't you tell me?
我 我试过告诉你的
I did--I did try to tell you.
在丹尼·迈克·戴维斯
I called you right after
把这事派给我后 我就给你打电♥话♥了
Danny Michael Davis dropped this on me.
-但你没认真听 -我以为我听明白了
- You weren't really listening. - I thought I was listening.
你说睛鸣出了些问题
You said that there was a problem with the Chirp,
所以我就认为是编码问题 而不是
so I assumed that it was a coding issue, not a...
那种问题
that issue.
当一个黑人员工来告诉你
Well, when a Black employee tells you
我们的设备在识别有色人种时会出现问题
that a tech device is having trouble recognizing people of color,
我以为你会把这者联♥系♥起来
I think you'd be able to put two and two together.
你说得对
You are right.
是的 我很抱歉
Right, I'm sorry.
我太专注于想出解决方案
I was so focused on coming up with a solution,
而没明白这事背后的问题
I wasn't hearing what was behind the problem.
好了 现在你知道了
Well, now you know,
而现在我需要消化下
and now I need to process the fact
我刚刚作为公♥司♥发言人
that I just publicly called out my own company
当着所有硅谷
as its spokesperson
新闻媒体的面质疑了自己的公♥司♥
to every major news media outlet in Silicon Valley.
然后西蒙就说
And then Simon was like,
"晴鸣不识别黑人
"The Chirp doesn't recognize Black people
是因为斯帕克波恩特不识别黑人"
because Sprqpoint doesn't recognize Black people."
说实话 我为他感到骄傲
Honestly, I am proud of him.
同时 我来这是为了听你的茶水间小八卦
Also, I'm here for this tea that you are spilling
这让我想起了我爱喝的茶 伯爵格雷
which makes me want my man, Earl Grey.
和一个男人
And a man.
一个高大的男人
A tall man.
你应得的
You deserve it.
你知道 对当权者说出真♥相♥
Wow, you know, it really takes guts
需要很大的勇气
speaking truth to power like that.
对啊 我为他骄傲
Yeah, I'm proud of him.
但同时我也觉得我很傻
Although I do feel like a little bit of an idiot
因为他试过告诉我
because he did try to tell me
晴鸣的问题不只表面上这样
there was more to the problem with The Chirp,
但我却没听进去
and I just wasn't hearing him.
公益广♥告♥是对的 别嗑药
The PSA is right, you know? Don't do drugs.
等等 你嗑药了
Wait, you did drugs?
而且我可能和斯帕克波恩特的总裁一起嗑了
And I may or may not have done them with the CEO of Sprqpoint.
丹尼·迈克·戴维斯给你毒品了
Danny Michael Davis gave you drugs?
事实上 是我给他的
Actually, I gave him drugs.
别问了 现在他一直在给我发短♥信♥
Don't ask. And now he texts me all the time.
他觉得我俩很铁
He thinks we're besties.
现在这条就是他发的
Oh, he's texting me right this second!
他因为西蒙的新闻发布会心情急转直下
He's spiraling so bad about Simon's press conference,
他刚给非洲儿童合唱团买♥♥了一架私人飞机
he just bought a private jet for the African Children's Choir.
-天呐 -说实话 麦克斯
- Oh, boy. - Honestly, Max,
我们应该让他投资你们的公♥司♥
we should hit him up to invest in the company.
还有谁比对黑人有负疚感的
I mean, there's no one easier to shake down
好心亿万富翁更好勒索呢
than a well-intended billionaire with white guilt.
我说不好
I don't know.
我们真的要用别人内疚钱来开公♥司♥吗
Do we really want to start our company with guilt money?
总比没钱好吧
Mm, it's better than no money.
据我所知 我们别没有太多的选择
Last time I checked, we didn't have a plethora of options.
这不是什么坏主意
It's not a terrible idea.
他现在乐于当散财童子
He's clearly in the donating mood,
而且我觉得你们的生意
and I would say that your business
基本上包含了所有他感到愧疚的地方
pretty much embodies everything he's feeling guilty about.
他怎么能拒绝我们
How could he refuse us?
说实话 我赌他不敢拒绝我们
Honestly, I dare him to refuse us.
拜托 我们又不能面对面向
Come on, we can't pitch the founder
最大科技公♥司♥之一的创始人
of one of the largest tech companies in the world
推销我们的小作坊
our scrappy little spin on dining out.
你们可以了
Ah, but you can, mm-hmm.
你们在丹尼明天的行程上了
You guys are on Danny's calendar tomorrow
-11点12分到17分 -你认真的吗 什么
- from 11:12 to 11:17. - Are you serious? What?
这也太快了
That was fast.
美好诱人的间接特权
Ah, sweet, sweet secondhand privilege.
告诉过你我们很铁
I told you we're besties.
行 好的 就五分钟 我们能做到的
Okay, yeah, we can do this in only five minutes.
亲爱的 不管多长时间 我们都可以做到
Honey, we can do anything in any amount of minutes.
我们只需要让那个富豪认真听
We just need to get that rich man to listen to us.
听
Listen.
你说得对
You're right.
这正是我需要多做的
That's exactly what I need to start doing more of.
倾听
Listening.
斯帕克波恩特
关于你说的那些 我思考了很多
I thought a lot about what you said,
我知道我无法改变斯帕克波恩特的所有人
and I know that I can't change all of Sprqpoint,
但我可以试着让四楼变得更好
but I can try and help make things better on the fourth floor.
所以 与其等待上级做出行动
So instead of waiting for the higher-ups to do something,
我自己想出了伟大计划
I came up with my own great plan.
开员工大会 不过不强制参加
Town hall where participation is not mandatory--
但是被大力提倡
But strongly encouraged.
是啊 我收到了你发的消息
Yeah, I got your Slack messages
还有一连串的图享故事
and your barrage of Insta Stories.
你确定这是最好的办法吗
Are you sure this is the best approach?
你说得很对 我没有倾听...
You rightly pointed out that I wasn't listening...
所以我们要倾听彼此
So we are going to listen
无论要花多少时间
for as long as it takes.
各位早上好
Good morning, everyone!
感谢西蒙
Thanks to Simon's
昨天勇敢的发声
brave call to action yesterday,
我组织了这个员工大会
I organized this town hall
来谈谈我们对于工作中种族问题的真实感受
to talk about our honest feelings about race at work.
接下来
And with that,
我就把这里交给想第一个发言的员工
I open the floor to anyone who would like to speak first.
别害羞
Don't be shy.
我经常发现 护身符有助于
Um, I often find that it helps to have a talisman
促进对话的开展
to encourage the flow of conversation.
有人有海螺之类的东西吗
So, um, does anyone have, like, a conch?
好的
Okay, yeah.
毛毛球 这个也行
A Koosh. This will work.
我个人认为
Personally,
我进行了很多自我反省
I have been doing a lot of soul-searching
自问是不是我的偏见
about whether or not my own biases
导致了"睛鸣"的编码问题
have contributed to the problems with the coding for the Chirp.
我时常在思考 "瓦苏瓦会怎么想"
I often wonder, "What would Waswa think?"
他是我大学时的乌干达室友
He was my Ugandan roommate in college,
我们曾经关系很好
and we were really close.
有人说我们亲如兄弟
Some say like brothers.
他甚至还教过我
And he even taught me
如何用他的母语说"我爱你"
how to say "I love you" in his native tongue.
我爱你
Ninkukunda munonga.
我说完了
I yield the space.
种族主义糟透了
Racism's wack, yo.
抱歉
Sorry.
-过 -我想你们都知道我的感受
- Pass. - I think you all know how I feel about this.
我是唯一一个
I was the only one
在公♥司♥垒球比赛中单膝跪地的人
who took a knee at the company softball game.
我的继父是黑人
My stepdad's Black.
他们现在离婚了
Well, they're divorced now,
所以我想他再也不是我的继父了
so I guess he's not my stepdad anymore,
但他还是个黑人
but he's still Black.
我们现在应该讨论的另一种颜色是绿色
Another color we should be talking about right now is green
以及如何让我们的办公室更加环保
and how to make our workspace more ecofriendly.
我和我的伴侣 刚开始施肥
My partner and I, we just started composting.
对了 他是菲律宾人
He's Filipino, by the way.
我应该说未婚夫
Well, I should say fiancé.
我们夏天就要结婚了
剧集 | 佐伊的读心歌单 | 导航列表