剧集 | 佐伊的读心歌单 | 导航列表
嗨 莫
Hi, Mo.
早上好 快速问个问题
Morning. Quick question.
你非得总是把音乐大声放 还跟着大声唱吗
Do you always have to play and sing your music quite that loud?
不然我还能怎么听威猛乐队的歌♥
Well, how else am I supposed to listen to Wham!?
他们的歌♥必须大声放 且要有一定的参与度
Their songs demand a certain level of participation and volume.
只是今天我有很重要的工作
It's just that I have a huge day at work today,
穿越我墙壁的震耳歌♥声
and that sound booming through my walls
可不是开启一天的好方式
wasn't really the best way to start it.
懂我的意思吗
Know what I mean?
话说你为什么起这么早
Why are you up so early, anyway?
我昨晚根本没睡
Oh, I didn't go to bed.
午夜时
At midnight,
我突然想到一整个系列的土耳其长袍设计创意
I had this idea for a whole line of caftans,
你懂的 一旦灵感迸发...
and, you know, when inspiration strikes--
话说 你在听什么音乐呢
Hey, what music are you listening to?
我很乐意下次按你的喜好来放
I'm happy to take requests for the next time.
抱歉 你不会知道这个乐队的
Sorry. You wouldn't know the band.
在今天的《模拟对话》节目中
On today's "Analog Dialogue,"
我们请来了麻省理工的机器人技术专家
we have M.I.T. fellow and robotics specialist,
格蕾丝·西蒙斯·哈特利博士 谈论她的...
Dr. Grace Simmons Hartley, discussing her--
金门大桥咖啡厅
你准备好了吗
So, you ready for this?
我想是吧 虽然我头痛欲裂
I think so. I mean, I do have a pounding headache
喉咙后面还憋着一口呕吐物
and a teeny bit of vomit in the back of my throat,
-不过 是好的那种 -好吧
- but, like, in a good way. - Okay.
我真的不想把这事搞砸了
I just really don't want to screw this up.
-下一个 -我要一杯脱脂拿铁
- Next! - I will have a nonfat latte.
我要一杯黑咖啡
And I'll have a coffee, black.
为姑娘们保持美好身材
Keeping it lean for the ladies.
他在约会软件上就用的这句简介
It actually says that on his dating profile.
没错
It does.
我还是觉得琼强迫我们
I still don't think it's right for Joan
都争取这次晋升机会是不对的
to force us all to go after this promotion.
不是每个人都是当管理层的料
We're not all management material,
-我坦然接受这点 -我不行
- and I'm fine with that. - I'm not.
我当了太久的程序员了
I've been a coder long enough.
我需要开辟新的天地
I need to expand my horizons.
那很好啊
Ooh, that's good.
然后你应该告诉她你是多么出色地
And then you should tell her how you crushed it
完成了那个照片分享应用的交互界面
designing the interface for our new photo-sharing app.
但那其实是团队努力的结果
Except that was really more of a group effort.
不 才不是团队努力的结果
No, it was not a group effort.
基本全靠你了
It was literally all you.
现在可不是谦虚的时候
Now is not the time to be modest.
能有你来管理团队 算是琼走大运了
Joan would be lucky to have you managing the team,
但你必须让她信服才行
but you're gonna have to convince her.
别被她搞得乱了方寸 保持自信
Just don't let her rattle you. Stay confident.
稍微夸赞她一些
Try to compliment her a little bit,
说实话 那个女人就是个自恋狂
because let's face it, the woman's a narcissist.
都是非常好非常成熟的建议
All very good and thorough advice.
-嘿 -好哟
- Hey. - Howdy.
你刚是对那个新来的说了"好哟"吗
Did you just say, "Howdy," to the new guy?
我是说了 不知你为何还要再让我回想刚刚的尴尬
That, I did. I don't know why we need to keep reliving it.
你何不直接跟他聊聊
Why don't you just talk to him?
我相信他一定是个不错的人
I'm sure he's perfectly nice.
我相信他也是 但我长♥期♥以来都...
I'm sure he is, too, but I have a long history of--
你对我过去那些关系的评价是什么来着
What do you call my past relationships again?
不必要的复杂 让所有人都精疲力尽
Unnecessarily complicated, exhausting for everybody,
「美好」的反义词
the opposite of good.
没错 就这些
Yeah, those things.
所以这一次 我要慢慢来
Which is why, this time, I'm gonna just take things slow
等待合适的机会
and wait for the right in.
她看上去怎么样
How does she look?
心情好还是坏
Good mood or bad mood?
我觉得是各种情绪交织在一起吧
Uh, I'm gonna say all the moods.
我跟你一样也都是瞎猜
Your guess is as good as mine.
好了
Okay.
好了 看着我
Okay, look at me.
就是现在 施展你的魔力
This is it. Work your magic.
感受荣光 努力必胜
Feel the glory. In it to win it.
都不知道我为什么要紧张
I don't know why I'm nervous.
佐伊 告诉我你为什么觉得
So, Zoey, tell me why you think
你有能力成为工程部经理
you're manager of engineering material.
问得好 琼
Great question, Joan.
首先 我觉得我之前已经证明我的编程能力了
To start with, I think that I proved my programming skills
比如我帮助设计了照片分享应用的交互界面
when I helped design the interface for our photo-sharing app.
好吧 但你个人为这个项目
Okay, but how much of your work personally
贡献了多少力量呢
contributed to that project?
-你想要个百分比吗 -不 我想要拿铁
- You want, like, a percentage? - No, I want a latte.
当然啦 我想知道你觉得你的贡献
Yes, I want to know how significant you feel
对最终结果有多重要
your contribution was in terms of the end results.
诚然 那是团队努力的结果
Well, I mean, it was definitely a group effort,
但如果要给你具体数字的话
but if I had to give you a concrete number,
我想我会说六
I guess I would say six.
六
Six?
-十 -六十
- ...ty... - 60?
-四 -百分之六十四
- ...four? - 6♥4♥%?
没错
Correct.
除了你的技术成就
Technical accomplishments aside,
你为什么觉得自己会成为一名出色的经理
what makes you think you would be a good manager?
你是否善于沟通
Are you an effective communicator?
你觉得其他人会服从你的指挥吗
Do you think you can get others to follow your lead?
你是否适应当坏人的角色
Are you comfortable being the bad guy?
我对所有事情都不是很适应
Well, I'm not really comfortable with anything.
所以我才去当程序员
That's why I became a coder.
但这也不代表 如果我有这个机会
But that doesn't mean I couldn't be a great manager
就当不好这个经理
if given the chance.
你在打什么
What are you typing?
给我的普拉提教练发消息
My Pilates instructor.
不能再迟到了 杰夫
Can't be late again, Jeff.
里夫 里面叫你
Leif, you've been summoned.
你表现得怎么样
How'd you do?
我打算大胆地预测 不太好
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say not well.
真的吗 我以为你们
Really? I thought you two
会在里面帮对方涂指甲
would be doing each other's nails
再一起上淘宝买♥♥手提包呢
and buying matching tote bags off Etsy in there.
哥们 这样不好
Dude, come on. Not cool.
怎么了 怎么了
What? What?
我很遗憾
I'm sorry.
我也是 我还希望
Yeah, me, too. I was really hoping
自己能有点好消息告诉我爸
I'd have some good news to tell my father.
好了 谁想要来点新鲜送达
All right, who wants some freshly delivered,
有点冷 一般好吃的批萨
slightly cold, mediocre pizza?
妈妈 佐伊
Mom? Zoey?
晚点再说吧
Maybe later.
好吧 那我就能多吃点了
All right. Well, more for me.
妈 我来吧 你需要休息一下
Mom, let me take over. You need a break.
不 我们不是因为这个让你们来的
No, that's not why we have you guys here.
我们只希望你们陪着
We just like the company.
好吧 我还是愿意给爸爸喂汤
Okay. Well, I can still feed Dad soup.
是的 但你♥爸♥爸不希望
Yes, but your father doesn't want
在这种事上麻烦你
to burden you with any of this stuff.
你怎么知道 他又说不了话
How do you know? He can't speak.
我不是很确定
Well, I don't know for sure,
但我们已经结婚四十年了
but I have been married to the man for 40 years,
所以我还是很了解他的
so I have a pretty good idea.
能不能开下窗
Can we maybe open a window or something?
为什么 你就这么希望
Why? You want Dad to catch a cold
爸爸得感冒吗
on top of everything else?
是啊 我就希望他得感冒
Yeah, that's exactly what I want for him.
-孩子们 -他一直很喜欢
剧集 | 佐伊的读心歌单 | 导航列表