剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表
to make mine come true?
但我们为什么会走到那一步呢
But why would we have to do that?
我是在问你愿不愿意
I'm asking if you would.
愿意 愿意 当然 我会的
Yeah, yes, yeah. Absolutely, yes.
好吗
Okay?
我不是什么希望你来圣殿
I'm not some rabbi looking for you to come to temple
以此给你背书的拉比
in exchange for an endorsement.
好吧 行 走吧 走吧
Okay. Yeah, just go. Just walk out.
反正你有事情一变严肃
You got practice leaving men
就离开男人的习惯
as things are about to get serious.
我是为了你才离开萨德
I left Thad for you!
别忘了是你想让阿斯特丽德和我们三人行
Let's not forget you're the one who wanted to bring Astrid into our bed
并以此让她闭嘴 不是吗
so that you could shut her up, okay?
你简直五十步笑百步
You're no better than I am!
你说得对
You're right.
但离开你是我唯一能确定的方式
But leaving you is the only way I can be certain.
再见 佩顿
Goodbye, Payton.
我这么大老远跑来
I didn't come all the way across the country
不是为了看你挨饿
to watch you starve yourself.
我总觉得恶心想吐
I'm in a constant state of nausea.
我从未经历过如此复杂的道德困境
I've never experienced this complicated a moral dilemma.
或者说是伦理困境
Or is it an ethical dilemma?
我总是分不清这二者的差别
I can never remember the difference.
伦理是社会制度为我们制定的规则
Ethics are the rules that social systems provide us,
道德则是我们管控自身的原则
and morals are the principles which we govern ourselves by.
这就是我痛苦挣扎的原因
That's why I'm struggling.
我是在为自己应做之事感到困惑吗
Am I confused about what I'm supposed to do
因为大众文化告诉我们
because the culture says
行之有义至关重要
that it matters that I do the right thing,
还是做正确的事
or does doing the right thing...
对我来说真的重要吗
actually matter to me?
谁在乎呢
Who cares?
我在乎 妈
I care, Mom.
这是我人生和事业的决定性时刻
This is a defining moment in my life and career.
每一个政客在最终做出选择时
Every politician has his or her crossroads
都会遇到自己人生的十字路口
when they finally have to choose one path or the other.
所以我该告诉自己 无论我必须做什么
So do I tell myself that, no matter what I have to do,
无论我违反了什么规则
what rules I break,
无论我必须杀什么人
or people I have to kill,
无论我达成了什么幕后交易
backroom deals I have to cut,
我仍然是一位白衣骑士
I'm still a white knight
因为我在为正义而战
because I'm fighting for what's right?
或者我是个有核心价值观的人吗
Or am I a man of core values?
我是个会为了真理和正直
Am I a champion of truth and integrity
为了正义牺牲利益的好人吗
who's willing to sacrifice what's good for what's right?
我是合乎伦理还是合乎道德
Am I ethical or moral?
或两者皆无
Or neither?
我是吉米·卡特还是比尔·克♥林♥顿♥
You know, am I Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton?
还是林登·约翰逊
Or Lyndon Johnson?
克♥林♥顿♥连任了
Clinton was reelected.
从伦理上来说 你应该上交投票箱
Ethics says you should turn this ballot box over
解释发生的一切
and explain what happened.
他们会来调查
There will be an investigation,
英菲尼蒂可能会被逮捕
Infinity will probably get arrested,
而且他们会重新清点选票
and they will count the votes.
我会输掉选举 声名狼藉
I'd lose and be tainted,
还把朋友送进了监狱
and I'd send my friend to jail.
-从道德上来说该怎么做 -我告诉过你了
- What's the moral thing? - I told you.
道德是我们如何管控自身
Morality is how we govern ourselves.
你可以把投票箱扔进纽约东河
You can throw that ballot box in the East River,
但这么做 你会良心不安吗
but can you live with the consequences to your conscience?
如果我总是听到投票箱在河底的声音呢
What if I hear the ballots from down there constantly?
就像《泄密的心》里面的那个人一样
You know, like that guy from The Tell-Tale Heart?
你曾说 我的野心让你感到害怕
You once said that my ambition frightened you.
你指的是这样的事吗
Is that what you're talking about?
你一直都知道
Did you always know that I...
我有能力生活在
...had the capacity to live
正常的伦理道德界限之外吗
outside the normal boundaries of ethics and morals?
你小时候
When you were a little boy,
很喜欢从食品柜里偷饼干和糖果
you used to love to steal cookies and candy from the pantry.
你父亲从没真正注意过你们三个
Your father never really noticed any of you,
但他对特别在意糖果
but he was a true prude about sweets.
我不确定他是
I'm not sure if it was...
因为担心肥胖
that he was worried about obesity
还是他想减少家中的糖
or he was shorting sugar stocks
又或者是因为凯蒂·库里克拍的纪录片
or maybe it was that Katie Couric documentary,
总之他很坚定
but he was adamant.
我表面同意 但在你偷糖时
I outwardly agreed, but then looked the other way
却装作什么也没有看见
when you did your pilfering.
你是在说你认为
Are you saying that you think
在某些情况下偷东西也没问题吗
it's okay to steal under certain circumstances?
我会看着你 在你拿了一袖子奥利奥
I would watch you after you took a sleeve of Oreos
或一袋瑞典鱼糖果后
or a bag of Swedish Fish,
在头一个小时左右
and for the first hour or so,
你会变得多疑 焦虑 不安
you would be paranoid and agitated and upset.
起初 我还以为
At first, I thought that
你是因为不诚实而感到内疚
you felt guilty over being dishonest,
但不久之后
but after a while,
当你意识到自己没被大人抓住
when you realized that you hadn't been caught,
你就开始放轻松了
you would start to relax.
不仅仅是放松 你走路都会走走跳跳了
Not only relax, you would get a skip in your step.
-因为血糖偏高了吗 -不是
- Sugar high? - No.
因为我觉得 对你来说
Because I think, for you,
最开心的是你意识到自己逃脱了惩罚
the best part was realizing that you had gotten away with it.
你就是你 佩顿
You are who you are, Payton.
我想从你看到这个投票箱的那一刻起
I think you've known exactly what you're going to do
你就很清楚自己要如何处理它
with that ballot box from the moment you saw it.
你挣扎的不是你要去做什么
Your struggle isn't deciding what you're going to do.
而是如何接受这样的自己
It's accepting who you are.
祝贺你赢得选举 妈
Congratulations on winning your election, Mom.
我为你感到骄傲
I'm very proud of you.
你要吃点什么吗
Are you gonna eat anything?
我要去嗑嗨 然后洗个澡
I'm gonna get stoned and have a bath.
对于那个投票箱 我们什么也不做
We're gonna do nothing about the box.
你确定
Are you sure?
艾丽斯离开我了
Alice left me.
我只剩事业
All I have left is my career
和梦想了
and my dream,
所以我一定会入驻白宫
so I will make it to the White House.
就算我必须说谎作弊
Even if I have to lie and cheat
焚毁整个世界才能到达那
and burn the world down to get there.
剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表