剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表
其他的一切都将不再重要
if they don't have a planet to live on.
最重要的是
And most importantly,
他们愿意对此采取行动
they're willing to do something about it.
我一直有所耳闻的还有
And one of the other things that I've been hearing...
一个声音
is the voice...
来自一位年轻人
of a young man...
他来回奔走 努力奋斗 为了解决
who fights diligently to solve the problems
这些让年轻人如此愤怒的问题
that these young people are so angry about.
这场选举的结果不应该如此势均力敌
This election should not have been this close.
但事实就是如此
But it was.
如此势均力敌 以至于我们相聚在此
So close that we are here deciding the outcome
用儿戏决定竞选结果
with a child's game.
如此势均力敌是因为年轻人的投票率
It was so close because young people voted
比以往的任何时候都高
in larger numbers than ever before,
其中有些人还是第一次参与投票
and some of them for the very first time.
他们投票
They voted...
是因为他们终于
because they finally...
等到了这位候选人
had a candidate...
他鼓舞了他们
who inspired them.
他让他们相信
Who made them believe
终于有人在聆听他们的诉求了
that someone was finally listening to them.
我也在聆听
And I'm listening too.
因此我决定...
And that is why...
要退位让贤 让佩顿·霍巴特赢得本次选举
I am conceding this election to Payton Hobart.
这不是花招 我没有耍花招
It's not a trick, not a trick.
恭喜 佩顿
Congratulations, Payton.
霍巴特参议员
Senator Hobart.
现在难关才刚刚开始 小子
Now the hard part starts, kiddo.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
我想我们赢了
I guess we won.
开心点
Hey, cheer up.
为什么 你刚才都把农场拱手让人了
Why? You just gave away the farm.
这确实太出乎意料之外了
That was certainly very unexpected.
我们都有点吃惊
Um, we're all a little bit taken aback,
但我认为 我们要坚持
but I think that we are gonna stick
第一个百天计划
to our plan for the first hundred days
关注科技发展...
to focus on technology...
你赢了
You won.
也许 我永远都不会知道投票箱的结果了
Maybe. I'll never know what was in that ballot box.
我正在写获胜感言
Trying to write this acceptance speech.
你做了正确的决定 没有上交投票箱
You made the right call, not turning it in.
在法律或道德层面上都不该如此
Not right in the legal or ethical sense, but...
对你来说是正确的
right for you.
我嫉妒你
I envy you.
因为我为了赢可以不择手段
'Cause I'm willing to do anything to win?
因为你知道自己是谁
Because you know who you are.
你知道自己想要什么
You know what you want.
你不知道吗
You don't?
我想 我可能想上医学院
I think I may wanna go to medical school.
我觉得
I think...
你会成为一位出色的医生
you'd be a great doctor.
也许我会成为一名外科医生
Maybe I'll become a surgeon.
我擅长长时间专注于一项任务
I excel at focusing on a single task for long periods of time.
做医生还是创立一个生活品牌 我还没决定
It's that or start a lifestyle brand, I haven't decided yet.
无论如何
Either way,
我要回哈佛完成学业
I need to go back to Harvard and finish school.
但我确信的是 我还爱你
I am certain that I love you though.
我不想成为你尽职的妻子 但是
I don't wanna be your dutiful wife, but...
我真的很想和你成立一个新家庭
I do wanna have a family with you.
只是我们的相处模式要更像
It just needs to be a little more...
前者为阿马尔和乔治·克鲁尼夫妇
后者为儿童绘本 讲述两只河马好友间温馨的趣事
乔治和阿马尔 少像《乔治与玛莎》一点
George and Amal and a little less George and Martha.
我也这么想
I want that too.
走吧 我请你吃晚饭吧
Come on. Let me buy you dinner?
我们聊聊医学院的事
We'll talk medical schools?
你不用写获奖感言了吗
Don't you have to finish your acceptance speech?
那不着急
Ah, it can wait.
我想
I think...
我们今晚应该
we should make tonight...
只聊你
all about you.
走吧
Come on.
乔治娜·霍巴特
视频电♥话♥
你好
Hello.
-你好 -你好 乔治娜
- Hello! - Hi, Georgina.
你好 迪迪
Hi, Dede.
-谢谢你和我视频电♥话♥ -你好
- Thank you so much for facial timing me. - Hello.
你的白日喝酒怎么样了
How's the day drinking going?
什么
Excuse me?
我无意冒犯
Oh, I didn't mean it as an insult.
你好吗 乔治娜
How are you, Georgina?
你还沉浸在
Are you still basking in the glow
赢得98%选票的喜悦中吗
of winning 98 percent of the vote?
确实如此
I mean, I suppose so.
竞选州长很有趣
Running for governor, was-- It was-- It was fun,
但你能相信吗
but, uh, can you believe
没有人告诉过我工作地点在萨克拉门托
nobody told me that you have to move to Sacramento for the job?
我是说
I mean...
萨克拉门托有什么
what is in Sacramento
除了农田和鸦♥片♥一无所有
except for farmland and-- and-- and opioids?
所以你不接受这份工作吗
Um, so-- so you're not taking the job?
不 我当然接受
No, of course I am. I am.
但我只去那里工作一年
But I-- I'll only be there for a year.
据我所知 州长的任期是四年
My understanding is that the governor's term is for four years.
但我已经决定
But I've decided...
要去竞选总统了
to run for president.
下一届
This cycle.
是不是很棒
Isn't that wonderful?
那你为加州画的大饼呢
What-- What about all your big plans for California?
加州独♥立♥怎么办
What about secession?
你知道吗
Well, you know,
那个目标我可能定得高了点
I might have been aiming a little bit high with that one.
然后我突然意识到
And then it struck me.
如果全国都能向加州看齐的话
Why does California have to leave the country
那加州为什么要离开这个国家呢
when the country could be more like California?
好吧 但这跟我有什么关系
Well, yeah, but what does that have to do with me?
这个嘛
Well...
我想让你做我的副总统
I want you to be my vice president.
你很聪明 迪迪
You are so smart, Dede.
你很擅长 执政相关的所有事
You're so good at all of the-- the governing
和那些我完全不想费工夫处理的事
and all that stuff that I really can't be bothered with.
我甚至想过是否要竞选连任
I doubt I would even run for a second term.
你会使我胜任的
You would be set up to succeed me.
如果我答应了 我有条件
If I said yes, I would-- I would have terms.
我想带上哈达莎·戈尔德一起
I would want to bring Hadassah Gold with me.
-我还想要 -当然 我早就想到了
- I would want... - Oh, of course. I'm way ahead of you.
我想让她做我的幕僚长
I was thinking of having her as my chief of staff.
她天生对人的厌恶
Her natural dislike of people
使她非常适合这份工作
makes her perfect for that job.
有个问题
One question then:
为什么是我
Why me?
因为你我都知道 你还远远没有结束
Because you and I both know, you are far from finished.
这是你的第二春
It's second act time for you.
政♥治♥ 无非就是自负和营销
And politics, yes, it's mostly ego and-- and marketing,
而执政
but-- but the governing...
能力很重要
competency matters...
诚信很重要
integrity matters,
专业知识很重要 经验也很重要
expertise matters, experience matters.
国家需要你
The country needs you,
这就是原因
that's why.
剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表