剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表
一个纯女性竞选团队
An all female ticket.
创造历史
History-making.
你觉得怎么样
What do you say?
问题是 关于改变
Because this is the thing about change...
人们说这不可能
people say that it can't be done,
而当你完成了人们所说的
and then when it is, when you accomplish
不可能完成的事情时
the thing that nobody said that you could,
突然间 那些站在面前
suddenly, those people that stood there,
挡住你每步去路的人
blocking your path every step of the way,
突然间 他们说自己并没有
suddenly, they say that they didn't.
突然间 你的好主意变成了他们的一直以来的主意
Suddenly, your big idea was their big idea all along.
所以我们不要让这种事发生
So, let's not let that happen.
要让他们记住
Let's remind them
他们才是阻碍进步的人
that they were the ones standing in the way of progress...
天啊 你来了 我才不要照这个说
Oh, God, there you are. I'm not saying any of this.
你可以想怎么说就怎么说 毕竟你赢了
Okay, I mean, you can say whatever you want, you won.
不 我并没有赢
No, I didn't win,
这就是问题所在 我们打平了
that's the problem, I tied.
明白吗 它让我这篇
Okay? So that makes this speech about
关于展望未来的胜选感言
all the things I'm gonna do with my big victory
听起来很愚蠢
sound really stupid,
尤其是在我根本没有赢的情况下
especially since it's not a victory at all.
但我想说的是
Yeah, but what I'm trying to say is--
可以请你不要打断我
Can you please just stop interrupting me,
先他妈的让我说完吗
let me finish a fucking thought!
抱歉 只是
I'm sorry, it's just...
问题在于 对于一个把自己的未来
the problem is, for someone who has
押在赢得选举上的人来说
staked his future on winning elections...
我并没有赢过几次选举 对吧
I don't win many elections, do I?
那些愤世嫉俗的告诉你
There are cynics who will tell you that
回收并没有多大用处的人
recycling doesn't make a difference...
好吧 我接下来要说的话
Okay, I'm about to say something
可能会让你很生气
that might make you really mad.
但你赢了
But you won.
老天 我没有赢 我的对手又一次退出了
Jesus Christ. No, my opponent dropped out, again.
这正是我想强调的重点
That's the thrust of the point that I'm attempting to make.
不 接下去我说的才是会让你生气的点
Yeah, no, that's the part that might make you mad.
我们清点了投票箱里的选票 你赢了
We counted the votes in the ballot box... and you won.
领导人将会看到不祥之兆
...leaders will see the writing on the wall.
詹姆斯 斯凯和我
James, Skye, and me,
我们真的没办法忍♥住不去弄清楚
we kind of couldn't stand not knowing...
佩顿
Payton.
投票箱
迪迪
Dede.
佩顿 佩顿
Payton. Payton.
养老院的那些老人
All those old people in the retirement home...
他们都投给你了 98对75票
...they all went for you, 98 to 75.
你赢得了选举 佩顿
You won the election, Payton.
很接近 只差23票
I mean, it was close, just 23 votes,
但你赢了 你真的赢了
but you won, you-- you actually won.
恭喜你 参议员
Congratulations, Senator.
州参议员 先别得意忘形了
State... Senator. Let's not get carried away.
当选州参议员
State Senator Elect!
我的天啊
Oh, my God.
女士们先生们 州参议员当选者 佩顿·霍巴特
Ladies and gentlemen, Senator Elect Payton Hobart.
-到我了 -到你了
- That's me. - That's you.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
谢谢大家
Thank you.
你们知道吗 我得说
You know, I have to-- I have to tell you,
我很不知所措
I'm very much at a loss for words.
-我们爱你 -我也爱你们
- We love you! - I love you, too.
真的爱
I really do.
很多人都在谈论
Listen, a lot of ink was spilled
说这场竞争的主题是世代更迭
about how this-- this race was about generational change.
对吧 年长选民对年轻选民
Right? Older voters versus younger voters,
之前从未投过票的选民
voters that had never before in their lives cast a ballot.
但是
But...
看了我们的出口民调 我才了解到
looking at our exit polls, I learned a lot
到底哪些人才是我的支持者
about who my supporters really are.
年轻或年长 你们都信任我支持我
Young and old, you trusted me with your support.
出乎我的意料
It has defied my expectations...
也让我感到谦逊
and it has humbled me.
对那些投票给
And for anyone out there
迪迪·斯丹迪施的人
who did cast a vote for Dede Standish,
我有三个字要说
I have three words:
我理解
I get it.
真的
I do.
迪迪·斯丹迪施是位了不起的女性
Dede Standish is a remarkable woman.
她是位出色的政客
She's an outstanding politician
尽了一个人可以尽的最大能力
who's done just about as much as any single person could do
提升她同胞民众的生活水平
to improve the lives of her fellow citizens.
她和我并不总能意见一致
Now, she and I did not always agree on everything.
但我向你们保证
But, uh, I promise you,
我会像她过去三十年那样尽心尽责
I will work every bit as hard as she has for the last 30 years,
我承诺我会扛起
and I promise you that I will take
你们对她的信任
the trust that you placed in her
守护这份信任
and I will guard that trust
只要我还是你们大家的选任公职人员
for as long as I'm honored to hold elective office in your name.
谢谢各位
Thank you.
有句俗话说的好
There's an old adage
政♥治♥竞选靠诗歌♥
that says that politicians campaign in poetry
执政♥治♥理靠散文
and govern in prose.
所以现在我们到散文的部分了
So now we are on to the prose part.
站在巨人面前 我肩上的任重道远
The backbreaking work of standing up to the colossus,
为政♥治♥所利用的金钱令人憎恨
the abomination that is money in politics.
连篇的谎言和政♥府♥的造谣
The fire hose of falsehoods and disinformation
早已根深蒂固 并随时准备干掉
that is trained and ready to drown out anybody
任何胆敢挑战残缺制度的人
who dares to challenge a broken system.
与我们作对的势力
The power of the forces aligned against us...
令人闻风丧胆
is daunting.
而为了保卫我们的自然环境所面临的困境
And the hard work of safeguarding our natural environment,
减少温室气体排放
rolling back greenhouse gas emissions
并坚决划清界限
and drawing a line in the sand
表明当事情危及到地球上
as to what we will and will not tolerate
所有人类的未来时 我们愿意或不愿容忍♥的事
when it comes to risking mankind's future on this planet.
这些都差不多是人类对自身
These are all just about the hardest things
所提出的最困难的挑战
that humankind has ever asked itself to do.
然而
But...
今天我站在这里
as I stand here today...
诚实地告诉各位
I can honestly tell you
看着在这次选举中
that looking out at the spectrum of voters
用选票支持我的选民跨度
who honored me with their vote in this campaign,
我诚心诚意告诉各位
I can tell you from the bottom of my heart
我从未像今天这样充满希望
that today I have never been more hopeful
为了共同目标
about what a group of people who have
而聚集到一起的我们
come together with a common cause
能从集体中挖掘出对抗困难的力量
can find the strength inside itself to do.
我们将迎难直上 并且一定能克服完胜
We will meet this challenge and we will overcome it.
我告诉各位
And let me tell you something,
如果我未能信守对各位的承诺
if I ever break that promise to you,
你们可以为我做一件事
there is something that I need you to do for me:
投我出局
vote me out!
如果我变成了奥尔巴尼温水青蛙的一员
If I ever become part of the status quo in Albany,
投我出局
you vote me out.
如果我选择轻松之路 而不是正确之路 投我出局
If I ever choose the easy path over the right one, vote me out!
时刻关注
Pay attention.
积极参与
Stay engaged.
让我别无选择
Give me no choice
只能做我想做的人
but to be the man that I want to be,
那个我今日承诺会成为的人
the man that I have promised you today that I will be.
如果你们能答应我这点
剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表