剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表
what the rigors of an election may be.
这事让人非常不舒服
This is extremely upsetting,
-我也这么告诉他了 -二位
- and I told him so. - Hi.
你们要看一下酒水饮料单吗
Would you two like to see a wine list?
不 不 不喝酒水 不吃东西
No, I-- Nope. Nope. No wine, no food.
谢谢
Thank you.
听着 我这辈子已经经历太多诡异 有害
Look, I have had enough weird, toxic,
接近虐待或者构成虐待的
borderline-abusive-slash-actually-abusive
男性行为了 安德鲁
male behavior in my life, Andrew.
我可是和里卡多交往过
I dated Ricardo.
因此你出局了 我的朋友
So you, my friend, are canceled.
后会无期
See you never again.
-无期 -英菲尼蒂 等等 别...
- Ever. - Infinity, wait. Don't--
每次我都会感叹 拒绝别人有多么爽
It never ceases to amaze how good it feels to say no to things.
现在只要有机会我就拒绝别人
I'm doing it whenever I can now,
改掉我的坏习惯
canceling my bad habits.
我可以实实在在地说
And I can honestly say
我感觉焕然一新
I feel like a new person.
这是从一年前开始的
It started a year ago.
我在北♥京♥参加我的图书签售会
I was in Beijing on my book tour,
我眺望这座城市
and I looked out at the city,
眼前的景象让我无法相信
and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
空气有毒
The air was toxic.
五百万辆车的尾气
The exhaust from five million cars,
煤厂每天不间断地冒着浓烟...
coal plants belching fumes 24 hours a day...
这个星球是全宇宙
This planet is the only place
我们唯一能称之为家的地方
in the universe that we can call home,
可我们在摧毁它
and we are trashing it.
过去的七十年里
In the last 70 years,
我们生产了八十亿吨♥塑料
we have generated eight billion tons of plastic,
它们却无法分解
and it doesn't go anywhere.
我能做什么
What can I do?
我们所有人能做什么
What can any of us do?
我们的未来正在被
Our future is being dictated
这些无人能控制的巨大跨国力量支配
by these enormous global forces that no one person can control.
问题太巨大了
The problem is just too massive.
然后我注意到了些事
And then I noticed something.
我在北♥京♥的三天
In the three days that I was in Beijing,
我制♥造♥了整整三袋垃圾
I generated three trash bags full of waste.
我不能置身于这个问题之外
The problem didn't exist outside of me.
我就是问题的一部分
I was part of it.
那一刻
At that moment,
我决定
I decided
在一年里 我要以产生零垃圾的方式生活
that for one year, I was gonna live a life of zero waste.
一夜之间 我感觉像换了个人
Overnight, I felt like a new person.
如果商品带包装
If it came in a package,
我就不买♥♥
I didn't buy it.
我带了装着罐子的手提袋
I carried a tote bag with a couple of jars,
一个可重复使用的咖啡杯
a reusable coffee cup,
一根金属吸管
a metal straw.
谢谢
Thank you.
我自带袋子
I brought my own bags.
家里所有的瓶子 我都重复利用
Any bottles at home, I reused.
我不再用月经棉而改用月经杯
I switched from tampons to a menstrual cup,
实际上我现在更喜欢用它
which I actually like way better now.
我还在厨房♥弄了个蠕虫农场 可有意思了
Oh, I also got a worm farm in my kitchen, which is so fun.
也许你会觉得它有怪味 但其实一点也没有
You'd think it'd smell, but it doesn't at all.
拜拜咯
Bye, you guys.
我甚至在小区公园建了一个堆肥小组
I even started a compost group at my local park.
社区堆肥联盟
到年底的时候
And by the end of the year...
我产生的所有垃圾
...all the waste that I'd generated
只需一个小玻璃瓶就能装下
fit into a single Mason jar.
这并不是为了鼓吹我是什么英雄
And this is not to say that I'm some sort of hero.
这才是重点 我不是英雄
That's the whole point. I am not.
我只是个普通人 做着所有人都能做到的事
I am just one person doing something that we all can do.
只有我们审视自身
Real change in this city
扪心自问我们能做些什么时
and in this country happens when we look at ourselves
城市和国家才会真正变革
and ask what we can do.
对我来说
And for me,
实现"零垃圾"真的是
going zero waste was literally the most
我这辈子做过的最有成就感的事
fulfilling thing I've ever done in my entire life.
我从担心害怕人类的未来
I went from feeling worried and-- and afraid for our future
变得对我们国家的未来充满希望
to feeling hopeful for where our country is headed.
但我向你们保证
But I promise you,
今天在场的
the best thing
每一个人能做的最好的事
that each and every one of us here today can do
就是去登记投票
is register to vote.
11月5日 我们去投票站时
And when we go to the voting booth on November 5th,
请把票投给佩顿·霍巴特
we can cast our vote for Payton Hobart.
让我们帮助他实现这个星球迫切需要的
Let us help him enact the kind of generational change
新世代变革
that this planet needs.
事态迫在眉睫
This is an emergency.
但援兵已在路上
But help is on the way.
女士们先生们 有请我的好友佩顿·霍巴特
Ladies and gentlemen, my dear friend Payton Hobart!
-她很厉害 -我知道 是吧
- She's good. - I know, right?
非常感谢大家 感谢英菲尼蒂
Thank you so much, everyone, and thank you to Infinity.
非常鼓舞人心
Such a huge inspiration.
-谢谢 -我们数过了
- Thank you. - I gotta tell you, we've counted,
今天在这个房♥间里
and there are 98 people in this room
有98个人是第一次登记投票
who have registered to vote today for the very first time.
能举手让我们看一下是哪些人吗
Can we see a show of hands of who those people are?
-你们值得最热烈的掌声 -太棒了
- Well, that deserves a round of applause. - Yay! Amazing!
-恭喜大家 -太棒了
- Congratulations, everyone. - Amazing!
谢谢你们参加这个后续跟进小会
Thank you, guys, for doing this little follow-up.
佩顿
Payton,
我对这次竞选充满信心
I believe in this campaign.
我觉得你迎来了一个真正特别的时机
I mean, I think you have a real, unique opportunity
来激励鼓动我们所需的选民
to inspire the voters that we're gonna need
如果我们想要拯救这个星球
if we're gonna have any shot at saving this planet.
没错 谢谢 我们非常感谢你的帮助
Yes, exactly. Thank you, and we-- we so appreciate your support.
-这意味重大 -但我还是得说
- It means the world to-- - But I have to say,
那次活动中 我看到你们俩的行为
at that event, I saw you both engage in behavior
这让我感到非常不安
that I found very disturbing
如果你们还想得到我的帮助 就必须改正
and will need to be addressed if you want my support to continue.
佩顿 我看见你从干洗塑料袋里
Payton, I saw you take your suit jacket
拿出了你的西装外套
out of a plastic dry cleaning bag
然后把塑料袋和衣架都扔进了垃圾桶
and put it and the hanger right in the trash.
就这
That-- That's it?
我的老天 对 我很抱歉
Oh, my God. Yes, I'm so sorry.
我很抱歉 那样实在太不妥了
I'm so sorry. That was-- That was bad.
我猜你都懒得
And I presume you didn't even bother
把它送到环保的干洗店去吧
to take it to an eco-friendly dry cleaner?
确实 我没想到这点
Oh, you-- you know what? I don't think I did.
行吧
M'kay.
这些化学物质是有毒的 它们现在在海里了
So, those chemicals are toxic, and they're now in the ocean.
斯凯
Skye,
在同一场活动中
at the same event,
我看见你嚼口香糖了
I saw you chew gum.
然后呢
Yes?
口香糖成分是天然的吗
Was it a natural gum?
大概不是
Probably not.
那你嘴里嚼的就是石油副产品
So what you had in your mouth were petroleum byproducts:
石油蜡 丁二烯-苯乙烯橡胶
petroleum wax, butadiene-styrene rubber,
和聚异丁烯聚醋酸乙烯酯
and polyisobutylene polyvinyl acetate.
那块口香糖永远无法完全降解
That gum will exist forever.
地球毁灭之时
When the Earth is dead,
那块口香糖仍然坚挺
that gum will still be there.
好的 我确定我们明白你的意思了
Okay, I-- I do think that we know what you're saying.
我们都能做得更好
We could all be doing a little bit better.
不 其实我的意思是
No, actually, what I'm saying is,
剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表