剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表
Nothing but big, swollen prostates
和布克兄弟的西装
and Brooks Brothers suits.
你不会看到他们因为疲倦而卸任
You don't see them walking away because they're tired.
不会 他们会牢牢把控着权力
No! They hang on to power,
即使这意味着他们要为了
even if it means wetting themselves
国情咨文忙得满头大汗
at the State of the Union.
-好好学着 -你
- Take a lesson. - You...
哈达莎
Hadassah...
这样对你也有好处
this is gonna be good for you.
真的
Yeah.
设想一下
Just think...
新的候选人能为你注入新活力
how a new candidate could recharge you.
你跟着我太久了
You-- you've been with me for so long.
重新开始对你有好处
A fresh start will be good for you.
但我只想为你工作
But I don't wanna work for anybody but you.
我想继续向前 撞了南墙也不回头
I wanna keep going until we go over the cliff.
就像《末路狂花》一样
Like Thelma and Louise.
我想赢
I wanna win this,
你知道的
you know I do,
但无论如何
but no matter what,
我很抱歉
I'm sorry.
这是我的最后一次竞选了
It's the last race I'm gonna run.
有什么进展吗
Made any progress?
我在脑子里把所有可能的情况都过了一遍
I'm just playing out every possible scenario in my mind.
就像《选择你的冒险历程》书里那样
Like a Choose Your Own Adventure book,
但每个结局都不理想
but every ending sucks.
生存还是毁灭
To be, or not to be.
没错
Exactly.
这里面最糟糕的是
Oh, and the worst part of this is,
这祸都不是我们惹下的
we didn't even make this mess.
是被扔到我们头上的
It was thrust upon us.
也许
Maybe.
谁也没让英菲尼蒂去偷那个投票箱
Nobody asked Infinity to steal that ballot box.
但...
But...
也许我们制♥造♥了一个道德含糊不清的环境
maybe we created an environment of moral ambiguity
使她觉得为我们偷盗也没问题
that made her think that doing that for us was okay.
艾丽斯 这事够糟心了 你别再怪我们了
Alice, this is hard enough without you blaming us for it.
我要离开...
I'm leaving...
曼哈顿 这场竞选...
Manhattan, this campaign...
你
you.
我认为也许...
I think that maybe...
我们是坏人
we are bad people.
不 这么说不对
No, that's not right.
我认为我已经...
I think that I've...
变成了一个坏人
become a bad person.
因为你和我在一起
Because you're with me?
对
Yes.
我不觉得你是个坏人
I don't think that you're a bad person.
我觉得你对道德和操守
I think that you're indifferent
没有原则
to morality and ethics.
我觉得你纠结于
I think that you struggle with
道德方面的问题
these kinds of ethical conundrums
因为你认为自己该去纠结
because you think that you're supposed to,
但只有在你仍能得偿所愿时
but you only choose the side of light when it means
才会选择光明的那一方
that you'll still probably get what you want.
这不是真的
That's not true.
你想要我举例吗
Do you want examples?
我们去看电影时
When we go to the movies,
你把外套放在旁边的椅子上
you put your jacket on the chair next to you
确保别人不会坐
to make sure no one else takes it.
对不起 这里有人坐吗
Uh, excuse me. Is someone sitting there?
我想是的
Oh, yeah, I think so.
他把外套放下就跑开了
He just dropped his coat and ran out.
我想他去买♥♥零食了
I think he's at concession stand.
这也算
Seriously?
那就是我道德败坏的证据
That's the evidence that I'm morally bankrupt?
我不想跟别人共用座椅扶手吗
The fact that I don't want to share an armrest?
这事关原则
It's the principle.
在电影院里我们是一个团体的成员
We are members of a community in a theater.
你把你的舒适
You are putting your comfort
凌驾于所有其他成员之上
over the comfort of every other member.
你还说谎
You also lie.
非常频繁
A lot.
你总是和别人说
You're always telling people
你可以去什么地方 即便你去不了
you can be somewhere, even if you can't.
然后你扯个谎解释你为什么去不了了
And then you lie about why you can't make it.
是 是 不 拉比
Yes. Yes, no, Rabbi,
我知道我答应去参加住棚节仪式
I know I promised to attend Sukkoth services
来换取您对我的背书 问题是这样
in exchange for your endorsement. Here's the thing.
有个非犹太的臭娘们服务员
Some shiksa waitress served me
今天早餐时给我上了全麦的面包
real bread instead of gluten-free bread
而不是无麸质的
at breakfast today,
我现在肠胃难受得要命
and I'm in the worst gastrointestinal distress,
嗯 嗯 对 没错
and... yeah. Uh-huh. Yes, exactly.
谁让我是德裔犹太人呢
Serves me right for being born Ashkenazi.
那好吧 感谢您的理解
Okeydokey, thank you for understanding.
那不叫说谎 那是政♥治♥
That's not lying, that's politics.
你得答应一切
You promise everything,
当你兑现不了时就搪塞过去
and then you embellish when you can't follow through.
我的天 艾丽斯
For God's sakes, Alice,
大家认为我就该在这类事上对他们撒谎
people expect me to lie to them about that stuff.
那么我们办公室从我们搬进来就一直
How about the fact that this office has been stealing Wi-Fi
从楼下的印度餐馆偷人家的无线信♥号♥♥这事呢
from the Indian restaurant downstairs since we moved in?
我们的预算非常紧 好吗
We're running on a shoestring budget here. Okay?
如果我们赢了 我会向
If we win, I'll report the
联邦选举委员会声明无线信♥号♥♥是实物捐赠
Wi-Fi to the FEC as an in-kind contribution.
所有的事都有合理解释来开脱
There's always a rationalization for everything.
难道你不明白这就是英菲尼蒂认为
Don't you see that that's why Infinity thought
为你偷投票箱没关系的原因吗
it was okay to steal the election for you?
她不过是学你的样子
That she was just following your lead
为任何内疚开脱而已吗
and rationalizing away any guilt?
正如高中时
Just like you did
你把她的生命置于危险之中那样
when you put her life in danger in high school.
正如你
Just like you did
当我们在走廊上擦身而过时
when you didn't turn around to look at me
你不转过头来看我那样
when we passed each other in the hall.
是因为这件事吗
Is that what this is all about?
你真的还没为那件事原谅我吗
Have you really not forgiven me for that yet?
你知道那是我这辈子最大的遗憾
You know that's the biggest regret of my life.
是因为那个
It's that.
也是因为我所说的那些事
It's also the fact that I have been there
我都在场
for every one of those things.
我比你还会为我们开脱
I'm an even worse rationalizer than you are.
我黑化了
I-- I have turned to the dark side
并且失去了所有的道德准则
and lost any concept of a moral code for anything.
至少你能对自己说这么做是为了你的梦想
I mean, at least you can tell yourself you're doing it for your dream.
是我们的梦想 我们的
Our dream. Our dream.
不 是你的梦想
No, your dream.
我都不知道自己有什么梦想
I don't even know what mine is.
好吧
Okay.
那我们就搞清楚你的梦想是什么
So then, let's figure out what that is.
好吧 然后... 然后我向你保证
Right? And then... And then, I promise you,
我会尽我的全力
I will do everything in my power
实现你的梦想 好吗
to make that come true. Okay?
这是我亏欠你的
I owe you that.
等竞选结束
After the election.
对 当然了
Yeah, of course.
那如果...
And what if...
我的梦想与你的冲突呢
my dream interferes with yours?
你愿意搁置自己的梦想
Are you willing to put yours on hold
来实现我的梦想吗
剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表