剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表
go to LA and get my mom to drop out of hers.
距塔斯马尼亚岛海岸157公里处
我母亲从不丹回来后 有了新的感悟
My mother returned from Bhutan with a new sense of purpose.
她离婚后身无分文
She was penniless from her divorce,
但她找到了自己的新目标
but she found her renewed purpose
成为"海洋二号♥"项目的
as the top fundraiser and de facto leader
主要筹款人和实际领导者
of a program called "Oceana 2".
他们的任务是逐一地捕捉海豚
Their mission is to catch dolphins, one by one,
并小心地将塑料
and carefully operate to remove plastics
从它们的消化道中移除
from their digestive tracts.
我母亲从英菲尼蒂那知道了"海洋二号♥"项目
My mom found out about Oceana 2 from Infinity.
英菲尼蒂在图书签售会中 悄然地对环境问题
Infinity had become quietly passionate about the environment
产生了热情
during her book tour.
她甚至考虑过把自己的姓改成"温度"
She even considered changing her last name to "Degrees"
以引起人们对日益变暖的气候的关注
to bring attention to the ever-warming climate.
她跟我母亲是好几年的图享好友
Her and my mom had been Instagram buddies for a couple of years,
因此 当我母亲在寻找参与
so when my mom was looking for a way
对抗气候变化的途径时
to get involved with fighting climate change,
英菲尼蒂很乐意为她做了必要的引荐
Infinity was happy to make all the necessary introductions.
我母亲通过了她
It was in her capacity as fund-raiser
参与了亿万富翁
that my mother found herself
艾莉森·门德尔松位于马里布豪♥宅♥中的
at billionaire Alison Mendelsohn's Malibu mansion
《权力的游戏》大结局观影派对
for a Game of Thrones finale viewing party.
艾莉森是《权力的游戏》的忠实粉丝
Alison was a huge Game of Thrones fan.
她对大结局的感受是
Her opinion of the final episodes was...
失望
...less than enthusiastic.
母亲坠入爱河几乎和失恋一样容易
Mom falls in love almost as easily as she falls out of it.
她和艾莉森变得形影不离
She and Alison became inseparable.
我明白当乔拉爵士 米桑黛和另一条龙死去时
I understand that she'd lost everyone important to her
她失去了所有对她来说重要的人
when Ser Jorah and Missandei and the other dragon died,
但他们难道是说
but are they saying that
每个经历了艰难时期的女人
every woman who goes through a hard time
-都会彻底精神失常吗 -我们能聊点别的吗
- goes completely psycho? - Can we talk about something else?
我们正处于气候危机状态中
We are in a climate emergency!
加州的排放标准正受到威胁
California emission standards are being threatened.
我们的农企找不到工人
Our agribusinesses can't find workers.
全年都是野火季
Wildfire season is year-round.
而制♥造♥商在滥用我们宽松的有机标签法
And manufacturers are abusing our lax organic-labeling laws.
你总是不停地抱怨这些事
You're constantly complaining about this stuff.
不如你干脆去竞选州长好了
Why don't you just run for governor?
你猜怎么着
You know what?
我会的
I will.
她刚宣布参选 瞬间就在民调里
She was ahead in the polls within moments
-遥遥领先了 -真不错
- of announcing her candidacy. - That's great.
我跟基辛格说"没关系
So, I said to Kissinger, "That's okay,
玛格丽特公主和我也不♥穿♥内衣"
Princess Margaret and I aren't wearing any underwear either."
男人爱她 女人爱她
Men love her, women love her,
富人穷♥人♥ 民♥主♥党共和党 都爱她
rich, poor, liberal, conservative.
当我母亲向你闪耀她的光芒时
When my mother shines her light on you,
你会感觉这世界都美好了
it feels like all is right in the world.
那一刻 她的光芒闪耀在了整个
At that moment, she was shining that light across the entirety
加利福尼亚州的土地之上
of the great state of California.
凭着她的天赋和艾莉森无尽的财富
Between her natural abilities and Alison's bottomless pockets,
你母亲吸光了霍巴特家族所有的政♥治♥氧气
your mom is sucking up all of the Hobart political oxygen.
不仅是媒体或权威人士
It isn't just the press or the pundits.
人们都喜欢她
The people love her.
每次我和记者谈话 他们都只是问她
Every time I talk to a reporter, they just ask about her.
而且当我们发出那些"请投票"的电邮时
And-- And when we send those "get out the vote" e-mails,
超出一半的回复是
over half the response was,
"为什么我会收到这个 我又不能在加州投票"
"Why am I getting this? I can't vote in California."
她抢了我的风头
She's stealing my thunder.
我这样做是个糟糕的儿子吗
Am I a terrible son for doing this?
该走了 你要赶不上飞机了
Get going. You're gonna miss your flight.
别担心
And don't worry.
她什么时候拒绝过你对她提出的要求
When has she ever denied you something you've asked of her?
大家准备好 十秒倒计时 请入座
Everyone, stand by. Ten seconds. Please take your seats.
洛杉矶 加州
五 四 三 二 一
In five, four, three, two...
欢迎来到CNN第一场加州州长竞选人辩论
Welcome to the first California gubernatorial debate from CNN.
欢迎各位 我们有两个小时时间
Welcome. We have two hours.
不过我还是想直奔主题
Still, I'd like to get right into it.
CNN加州
州长竞选人辩论
安德里奇议员 我想从你开始
Uh, Assemblyman Andrich, I'd like to start with you.
加州45%的州收入来自于
Forty-five percent of state revenue in California
1%的最高收入人群
comes from the top 1 percent of earners.
你建议为那1%的人减税30%
You're proposing a 30-percent tax cut for that 1 percent,
根据你自己的计算
creating, by your own math,
会造成五千亿美元的预算缺口
a budget shortfall of $500 billion.
-你如何来填补这一缺口 -首先 杰克
- How do you close that gap? - First of all, Jake,
加州人是地球上
Californians are some of the most taxed
纳税最多的人群之一
human beings on the planet.
我还想降低中产阶级家庭的税收
And I wanna lower taxes on middle-class families,
他们是本州经济运作真正的动力
who are the true engine of the state's economy.
霍巴特女士 你想回应他吗
Miss Hobart, would you care to respond?
我不想 他是个变♥态♥
No, I don't. He's a creep,
他的民调数据反映了这一点
and his poll numbers reflect that.
好吧 霍巴特女士 我们继续
All right, uh, Ms. Hobart, uh, but let's stay with you.
本周 你在一个筹款活动上说
This week, you stated at a fundraiser
你认为加州人应该
that you thought Californians should
抽出时间来 你的原话是
take time out of their day to, quote,
"拥抱树木"
"hug a tree."
你如何回应那些认为
How do you respond to voters who think
你不是在认真严肃的竞选的选民
your campaign is just not serious?
你见过红杉树吗 杰克 亲眼见过吗
Have you ever seen a redwood, Jake? In person?
每一个在现实生活中见过红杉树的人
Every human being who has ever seen a redwood in real life
都会走到那棵树前拥抱它
has gone up to that tree and hugged it,
在那短暂的瞬间
and, for one fleeting moment,
更加感恩自己的生命
felt more grateful to be alive
并更加谦逊 为自己能生活在加州
and more humble to be in the state of California,
这个地球上最美丽的地方之一
one of the most beautiful places on earth.
那些认为我对待竞选不严肃的人
The people who think my campaign is unserious
都是些不诚实的记者
are dishonest journalists
他们不了解我 也没有试图联♥系♥过我
who do not know me and have made no attempt to contact me,
以及右翼共和党新闻机构
and right-wing Republican news organizations
他们已经进行了长达数十年的宣传
who've been engaged in decades-long propaganda
试图以各种各样的文化界限来分♥裂♥这个国家
to divide this country along any number of cultural lines,
因为他们这样做赚得盆满钵满
because they make a ton of money doing it.
而且他们很擅长 他们赢了
And they're good at it! They've won!
我们无法就这个国家的政策达成共识
We can't agree on policy in this country,
因为我们无法就事实达成共识
because we can't agree on facts.
好的 我想换个话题
Okay, I'd like to move on.
所以我认为加州
And that's why I think California
应该脱离联邦
should secede from the Union.
不好意思 你能详细说明一下吗
I'm sorry. Would you care to elaborate?
加州应该成为独♥立♥的国家
California should be its own independent country.
我们的联邦税收大部分都流向了州外
Most of our federal tax dollars go out of state
给了那些认为我们是吸食大♥麻♥的
to people who think that we are pot-smoking,
崇拜撒旦的堕胎医生之类的人手中
Satan-worshipping abortion doctors or something.
他们喋喋不休地说着
Who can't shut up
我们的高税收如何扼杀了私营企业
about how our high taxes are strangling the private sector.
然而 加州仍然设法保持住了
And yet, somehow, California manages to remain
世界领先地位
the world leader.
在经济增长 工业发展
In growth, industry,
创新思潮 文化体系方面
innovation, and culture.
我们拥有人类历史上最棒的
We have the best public-university system
公立大学体系
in the history of humankind.
那或许
So maybe,
或许 我们做了正确的事
just maybe, we are doing something right.
最终 我们也要问问自己
And you have to ask yourself, eventually,
"我们有朝一日能改变他们的观念吗
"Are we ever gonna change their minds?
我们真的能改变他们吗"
Are we ever gonna change them?"
不可能
剧集 | 政客 | 导航列表