剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表
I was ejecting some Rolos from my body.
哈蒙德 你的车太漂亮了
That's a beautiful car you've got there, Hammond.
闭嘴
Shut up.
我们今天的计划是抵达首都努瓦克肖特
Today our plan was to reach the capital city of Nouakchott.
鉴于我们都认为时间很充裕
And as we didn't think that would take too long,
所以我建议临时参观一些当地的文化
I suggested a cultural diversion.
我昨天在那个图书馆外面
I was talking yesterday to um,
跟一位老妇人聊天
an old woman outside that library,
她说如果我们沿着这条路一直走
and she said if we keep going down this road,
就能到达沙漠中那只巨大的眼睛
we get to this enormous eye in the desert.
什么
What?
听说它被称为非洲之眼
Apparently, it's called the Eye of Africa.
应该是地球上最奇妙的景观了
It's supposed to be the most amazing thing on Earth.
是吗
Is it?
那就是个奇特的地理现象
It's a weird geological event.
但也有人说那就是失落的亚特兰蒂斯城
But some people say it's the Lost City of Atlantis.
其实之前根本没人发现
It was actually-Nobody knew about it
直到被阿波罗计划的宇航员从太空中看到
until the Apollo astronauts saw it from space.
真的吗
Really?
我知道这听起来难以置信 但她就是这么说的
I know it sounds implausible, but that's what she said.
她是不是还想卖♥♥给你一些魔豆来着
Did she also try and sell you some magic beans?
如果我们能开快一点
If we pick up the pace a bit,
就有时间去找它了
we'd have the time to spend a little while looking for it.
我开不快 我只有一个档位
I can't pick up the pace. I've got one gear.
那这样 我和梅可以组成先遣队
Well, listen, May and I can form an advance party by picking up the pace, all right?
找到之后通知你
And when we find it, we'll give you a bell.
如果你们能顺便找到备用帐篷 我将不胜感激
If you find a spare tent as well, I'd be grateful.
非洲之眼 我来了
Taking me to the Eye of Africa. Here I come!
大口喝油吧 我的增压发动机
That super charger. Eat. Eat fuel!
除了那只巨大的眼睛 沙漠里还有什么
What else is out there in the desert, along with the gigantic eye?
一个巨大的鼻子
A massive nose.
我知道那里还有一对大奶♥子♥
I know there's a pair of huge tits out there.
在顺滑的沥青路面上飞驰了一段之后
Having made good progress on the smooth tarmac,
詹姆斯和我来到了那只神秘的眼睛附近
James and I were nearing the location of the mysterious eye.
听着 詹姆斯 如果那位老妇人的话可信的话
OK, James. If the old woman is to be believed
那只巨大的眼睛应该就在这里了
the gigantic eye is along here.
我没看到有眼睛
There isn't an eye.
等你爬上那座山就看见了
Well, you won't be saying that when you crest that hill,
你就瞧好吧
and there's an enormous eye there. You just watch.
好几公里之外的后方
A good few miles back,
我跟他俩汇合的几率愈发渺茫
my chances of joining the other two were becoming slimmer.
仪表刚刚短暂显示了一下 但全都是坏消息
Right, gauges have just come on briefly, and it's bad news,
水温很高
temperature really high.
我唯一能做的就是 根据声音判断
All I can do is proceed at what pitch tells me
保持2000的转速 用唯一的档位行驶
is 2,000 RPM in my one gear,
我还可以停车 把车顶升起来
and I could do with stopping and putting my roof up.
我要在这个壮观的村庄广场停下来
I'm gonna pull up in this magnificent village square,
因为我快被晒熟了
because I'm being cooked.
我投降
I give in.
他俩敢放下顶棚 我不行
They can drive with their roofs off. I'm not brave enough.
千万别卡住
Please don't be stuck.
噢不 不要这样
Oh God! No, that's not acceptable.
天啊 怎么了
Christ, I've just ...
这是在撞车时才会弹出的防滚架
That's the rollover that deploys in a crash.
好吧
That's good.
事已至此 没什么好顾虑的了
Well, it can't happen again, can it? It's gone.
我看看
It's just see... ah.
我刚试着启动 但...
Um, I just tried to start it, and it's, it's...
局面真是急转直下
Things just got a lot worse really quickly!
与此同时 在沙漠深处
Meanwhile, deep in the desert,
我们还没找到苦苦寻觅的非洲之眼
we still hadn't found what we were looking for.
找不到 找不到
No eye, no eye, no eye.
只有骆驼 骆驼有眼睛 但不是非洲之眼
Camels, camels' eyes, but no eyes.
天啊 这噪音太可怕了
Christ, that is a terrible noise!
克拉克森 这样做有什么意义 根本没有什么大眼睛
What is the point of this, Clarkson? There is no giant eyeball.
我们就是在毁车
We're just wrecking the cars.
再坚持一下 翻过那座山
For a bit more persevering we might just get over that crest there,
你就能看到了
and there it is.
完蛋
Bollocks!
见鬼
Cock!
我陷车了 都怪你
I'm stuck, and it's your fault.
所有那些从太空中能看到的景观
All this stuff about seeing from outer space.
比如中国的长城
Think about the thing, the Great Wall of China,
"你可以从太空看到长城"
famously "you can see that from out of space."
在它旁边也应该能看到啊
You can also see it when you're standing next to it.
肯定在这儿 你就是不让我去找
It is there. You just, you won't let me go and have a look for it.
也可能那只是某个老巫婆给你讲的童话故事
Or it might have been a fairytale that Gypsy Rose told you,
因为你给了她一点零钱
because you'd given her £1.50.
好吧好吧 咱们不找了
All right, all right, fine, well I'll-we'll give in.
虽然我不喜欢半途而废 但我放弃了
I don't like giving in, but I'm going to give in.
本来在非洲到处找一只眼睛这件事就很可笑
Yeah, but you're giving in looking for something like an eye in the middle of Africa.
可她说过是一只巨大的眼睛 -有多大
Yes, it's a huge eye. -Huge, but how huge?
就是...按照她的描述应该非常巨大
Well, it's, the way she described it, like massive huge.
对了 哈蒙德在哪里 -这是个好问题
Where's Hammond, by the way? -That is a good question.
我觉得他根本没心思来找非洲之眼
I'm assuming he's not bothered to coming to look at the eye
因为他认为这是...
cos he just thinks...
好吧 我知道这个举动可能毫无意义 但是...
OK, I know this is probably a pointless exercise, but let's...
根本没有信♥号♥♥
No signal at all.
手♥机♥一点用也没有
That is of no help.
没有大量液体流出
There's no huge amounts of fluid that've come out,
但即使有也无法解释
but even if they had, that wouldn't explain it just being
为什么无法启动
dead at the key.
显然是电气系统的问题
It's clearly electrics.
如果这颗2005年的脆弱大脑坏死
If its feeble 2005 brain has given up,
那我就完蛋了
I've had it.
唯一的另一种可能是电池
The only other thing, battery.
应该还有电对吧
That's not gone flat has it?
电池在...
But it's behind
座椅后边
this seat.
谢天谢地
Oh dear Lord! Salvation!
等等 让我试一下
No way. Hang on, let me just check.
原来是电极松了
The live battery terminal has shaken loose.
应该是这一路的颠簸所致
Literally this has shaken itself undone. It was like that.
我上路了 好消息接连不断
I got going, and there was more good news,
我的变速箱决定恪守本职
because the gearbox had decided to actually be a gearbox again.
阿斯顿马丁好样的
Aston Martin! Yeah ha ha ha!
档位什么的全都恢复了
I've got gears, and everything.
与此同时 在我们回到主干路的途中
Meanwhile, on our way back to the main road,
我和梅被眼前的东西分散了注意力
May and I had been rather distracted by something we had found.
请看
This.
天啊 快看这个
Bloody Nora, look at this!
嘿 快看
Hey, look!
我的老天爷啊
Jesus wept!
这是绿洲吗
Is that an oasis?
没有证据能表明我是英国人
Literally no evidence that I'm English.
等一下
Wait.
过来坐吧 我这里有应景的音乐
Come and have a seat. I've got just the thing we should be listening to.
我找不到任何东西来纪念...
I can't find anything to commemorate the
理查德哈蒙德的去世
demise of Richard Hammond.
你知道吗 戈登莱特福特也是今天去世的
You know Gordon Lightfoot also died today. So...
是吗 -是的
Did he? -Yeah.
Gordon Lightfoot – If You Could Read My Mind
♪ If you could read my mind, love ♪
♪ What a tale my thoughts could tell ♪
♪ Just like an old time movie ♪
♪ 'Bout a ghost from a wishing well ♪
♪ In a castle dark or a fortress strong ♪
♪ With chains upon my feet ♪
♪ You know that ghost is me ♪
♪ And I will never be set free ♪
♪ As long as I'm a ghost, you can't see ♪
我来告诉你们毛里塔尼亚有多空旷
Just to give you an idea of how empty Mauritania is,
我在这条贯穿整个国家的主干路上
I've now done a hundred miles on this, the main road
跑了160公里
from one side of the country to the other,
一辆车都没见到
and I haven't seen another car, not one, nothing.
就是...让人头疼
剧集 | 大世界之旅(2016) | 导航列表