Adam was a half-brother.
亚当是他们的同母异父兄弟
So that's why he didn't inherit the family business.
所以他才没能继承家族企业
Because he wasn't part of the bloodline.
因为他的血统并不纯正
He wasn't a brahmin.
他不是名门之后
Wait -- why didn't the father give it to Garrett?
等等 那为什么没让加勒特继承呢
He was next in line.
他不是老二吗
Because they had a terrible relationship.
因为他跟他爸关系很紧张
Garrett always used to say
加勒特过去常说
that he wanted to make his own way in the world.
要走自己的路
And I'm not sure he had a choice.
而我不确定他是否可以自己做主
And then that didn't work because he was going bankrupt.
结果他并没有成功 都快破产了
Garrett said that brothers don't kill brothers.
加勒特说过兄弟不会同室操戈
I think he justified what he did
他一定认为自己的所做所为是正当的
because in his mind, Adam wasn't his brother.
因为在他心里 亚当不是他的哥哥
It's motive, but it's not proof.
这只是动机 并非证据
Maybe Garrett didn't do it. Jane, he did it.
说不定凶手不是他 简 是他
And I think I know where the proof is.
我想我知道证据在哪
It's how he got from L.A. to Boston.
关键在于他是如何从洛杉矶回到波士顿的
There's only one person I know
能在离岸一英里的海面上
who could've committed a murder one mile out at sea
行凶后不用船也能回来的人
and still gotten back without a boat.
我只认识一个
A triathlete.
铁人三项选手
Maura.
莫拉
You know, you said brothers don't kill brothers.
你说过兄弟不会同室操戈
But you knew that Adam had a different father,
但你知道亚当的父亲另有其人
so in your mind,
因此 在你心里
that meant that he wasn't really your brother.
他并非你的亲兄弟
Maura, come on.
莫拉 别这样
You know me.
你了解我
The murder weapon left a unique impression in Adam's skull.
凶器在亚当的颅骨上留下了独特的凹痕
Like this one.
好比说这个
It's the same pattern, isn't it, Maura?
和凹痕吻合吧 莫拉
We found it in your trunk.
我们在你车的后备箱里找到的
Run tests, Maura. You won't find anything on that.
尽管去检测 莫拉 我是清白的
Because this one is new.
因为这个是全新的
The one that you used to kill your half-brother
而你用来杀同母异父兄弟的那个
is at the bottom of the ocean.
已长眠海底了
Have security escort the two ladies out.
让保安请这两位女士出去
Step out of the pool.
请从泳池上来
Colburn.
科尔本
I think you should step out of the pool, Mr. Fairfield.
我想你该听他们的 费尔菲德先生
Colburn, what are you doing?
科尔本 你在搞什么
You work for me.
你可是替我♥干♥活的
I work for the Fairfields.
我是为费尔菲德家族效劳
Okay.
来啦
Here we go.
可以喝了
Yeah, I-I'm not really in a champagne kind of a mood.
我现在心情不佳 实在不想喝香槟
Good. It's beer.
这就对了 这是啤酒
I thought we would celebrate the simple things in life.
我觉得我们可以为日常小事举杯
I don't really drink beer.
我真的不爱喝啤酒
That's because you've never had my beer.
那是因为你从未喝过我请的啤酒
Okay, well, can we at least drink it your way?
行 那至少照你的习惯喝吧
Yes, we can. Let's -- let's get this right.
行 那就照往常的来吧
Remember when you asked me why I was slumming?
还记得你问我为什么过贫苦生活吗
I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that.
对不起 我不该那样说的
Well, now you know.
现在你懂了吧
Okay.
好的
Cheers.
干杯
Cheers.
干杯
Okay.
我喝
That's delicious.
味道很好呢
Right? Wait till you try a spuckie.
没说错吧 等你吃过夹心三明治再说吧
I don't know what that is,
虽然我不知道那是什么
But it sounds really -- mmm.
不过听起来很美味
剧集 | 妙女神探(2010) | 导航列表