剧集 | 河谷镇 | 导航列表
你会看到河谷镇之外的世界
You'll see what the world beyond Riverdale is like.
这正是目前
It's exactly what you should be doing
你在磨炼诗人技能阶段应该做的事情
at this point in your development as a poet.
克雷
Clay?
告诉我
Tell me,
你读过《彗星》那个故事吗
have you ever read the story "The Comet"?
当然 读过很多次
Of course. Multiple times, in fact.
我想也是
I figured you would have.
这样的话
In that case,
你觉得改编《彗星》剧本并执导
how would you feel about writing and directing an adaptation of "The Comet"
一部大制♥作♥怎么样
as a major motion picture?
这是恶作剧吗 其实我已经研究《彗星》的剧本
Is this a gag? I've actually been fiddling with a screenplay version
很多年了
of "The Comet" for years.
多亏了贾格赫德
Well, thanks to Jughead,
我和迪布瓦的经纪人联♥系♥上了
I connected with Du Bois' agents,
结果发现电影版权已经搁置很多年了
and it turns out the movie rights had been languishing for years.
所以我找上了他们
So I snapped them up.
我猜你会对这个很感兴趣
And I suspected you'd be passionate about this.
维罗妮卡 这真是不可思议
Veronica, I can't believe what I'm hearing.
这将会是一场艰苦的战斗
It's going to be an uphill battle.
但我们可以采取一些措施 比如找到合适的大明星
But there are things we can do, like get the right star attached.
比如
Someone like, say...
西德尼波蒂埃 -西德尼波蒂埃
Sidney Poitier. -Sidney Poitier.
没错 -你能接触上他吗
Precisely. -Can you get to him?
我可能接触不到他 但你我都知道谁可以
I might not be able to get to him, but we both know someone who can.
乔茜麦考伊
Josie McCoy.
但是 克雷
But, Clay...
如果我们要让 西德尼这样的大明星加入
if we're going to attach a big star like Sidney,
你的改编必须让人无可否认
your adaptation needs to be undeniable.
别担心 肯定会的
Don't worry. It will be.
谁需要等到夏天呢 我马上就开始
And who needs to wait for summer? I'll get going right away.
太好了
Wonderful.
这样的话 我打算在四到五年内
In that case, I'm thinking a premiere at Cannes
在戛纳举♥行♥首映式
in the next four to five years.
你觉得怎么样
How does that sound?
嘿
Hey.
为什么闷闷不乐的
Why the long face?
我刚收到埃文斯营地的信息
I just got the information packet for Camp Evans.
我的篮球营
My basketball camp.
好吧
Well...
那很好 不是吗
Well, that's great, isn't it?
他们调整了我的日期
Turns out they flip-flopped the dates on me,
刚好赶上农场
and now it's smack-dab in the middle
一年一度的甜玉米收成期间
of our annual sweet-corn harvest back on the farm.
这次你不能不去收割吗
Well, can't you skip the harvest this one time?
我们这一个月收割的玉米
The corn we harvest
能支撑农场一整年
that single month supports our farm for the rest of the year.
我必须回去
There's no way I can miss it.
我父母需要我
My parents need me.
所以我必须忘掉篮球营
So I just... I gotta forget about basketball camp.
好吧
Well...
管他的
the heck with that.
不
No.
雷吉 别担心 我会替你在农场做事
Reg, don't sweat it. I'll take your place on the farm.
别闹了 安德鲁斯
Stop goofing, Andrews.
你有自己的安排
You got other plans.
不管我有什么安排
Well, whatever I had planned,
都没有让你上大学
it's not as important as getting you set up for college.
还有成为职业选手重要
And going pro.
而且 亲力亲为耕作
Besides, working the land with my hands?
回馈大地
Giving back to the earth?
然后靠在干草堆上写下心得
And then writing about it while leaned up against a haystack?
这就是垮掉一代的作家应该做的
I mean, that's exactly what a Beat writer should be doing.
我父母付不起你的工钱 阿奇
My parents won't be able to pay you, Archie.
这份工作很辛苦 -雷吉
And it's not easy work. -Reg.
我明白
I got it.
这都是经验的一部分
It's all part of the experience.
你要去埃文斯营地
You're going to Camp Evans.
我去鸭子溪歇歇脚
Let me take up the slack at Duck Creek.
睡在你的谷仓里 学尤克里里 跟你♥爸♥妈吃饭
Sleep in your barn, learn the ukulele, break bread with your mom, your dad.
对
Yeah.
好
Okay.
听起来不错
Sounds good.
谢谢 阿奇
Thanks, Archie.
我爱你 雷吉
I love you, Reg.
我也爱你 阿奇
I love you too, Archie.
妈妈
Mom?
怎么了 怎么回事
What is it? What's wrong?
我
I, uh...
我刚看完你的书
I just finished your book.
而且我不知道该说什么
And I'm speechless.
我很高兴你看了
Well, I'm really glad that you read it.
贝蒂 你写了一本书
Betty, you wrote a book.
一整本书
A whole book.
你说得对
And you're right.
我确实更加了解你了
I did get to know you better.
以及所有那些
And all those...
美丽聪明且前途无量的年轻女性
wonderful, intelligent, promising young women.
她们有很多想法 恐惧和痛苦
So full of thoughts and fears and struggles.
以及梦想
And dreams.
她们有抱负
They have aspirations.
是的 没错
Yeah. That's true.
然后我想到了自己
And then I think of myself,
我最大的梦想就是成为河谷镇小姐
and my biggest dream was being Miss Riverdale.
妈妈 你曾经告诉我 你梦想成为一名空姐
Mom, you once told me that you dreamed about being a stewardess.
你想看看世界 认识有趣的人
You wanted to see the world and meet fascinating people
成为有趣的人
and be a fascinating person.
这是一个年轻女孩
Yeah, well, that was a, uh...
很久以前的愚蠢梦想
silly dream from a young girl a long time ago.
不 妈妈
No, Mom.
没有梦想是愚蠢的
No dream is silly.
我知道你觉得一切都太迟了 但事实并非如此
I know you think that it's too late for you, but it's not.
你可以幸福的
You can be happy.
拜托你了
Please, please...
一定要相信这一点
please believe that.
这期杂♥志♥很有可能不会出现在报刊亭
Chances are, you won't ever see this issue on a newsstand.
尽管如此 佩普漫画决定发行它
Despite that, Pep Comics has decided to release it.
我们要出版它 这是我们的最后一♥期♥
We are publishing this, our final issue,
没有得到漫画书盖章认证
without the Comic Book Code Seal of Approval.
这一♥期♥很有可能 会被扔进垃圾堆或篝火里
Most likely, that means this issue will end up in either a landfill or a bonfire.
但佩普漫画拒绝向 不符合美国价值观的审查制度屈服
But we here at Pep Comics refuse to kneel to the un-American censorship
他们专门建立这一制度 压制《彗星》这样的故事
that was specifically drafted to silence stories like "The Comet."
(漫画选集)
我们希望这本漫画书能落入你们手中
We hope that this comic book will find its way into your hands.
希望里面的故事能让你们思考
And, hopefully, the stories in it will make you think.
让你们觉得不那么孤单
And make you feel a little less alone.
佩普漫画给你们留下最后一条信息
So we at Pep Comics leave you with this final message:
拆卸比建造更容易
It is easier to tear down than to build up.
试着当个建造者 而不是破坏者
Try to be a builder, not a destroyer.
请记住这一点 欣赏根据伟大的作家
With that in mind, enjoy this humble adaptation of "The Comet"
WEB迪布瓦的作品 简单改编的《彗星》
by the great author W.E.B. Du Bois,
一个面对难以想象的逆境
a man who faced unthinkable adversity
仍然选择相信世界末日
and still chose to believe that the end of the world
不是必然的结局的人
was not a foregone conclusion.
(继续努力 孩子)
总是有机会有更光明 更好更强大的未来
There is always a chance for a brighter, better, stronger future.
佩普漫画全体员工敬上 这是再见
From all of us at Pep Comics, this is adieu...
但不是永别
but not farewell.
我们会再见面的
We'll meet again.
泰贝莎
Tabitha.
你好 你怎么来了
Hi. What are you doing here?
剧集 | 河谷镇 | 导航列表