剧集 | 河谷镇 | 导航列表
During the morning announcements.
作为高二的学生会主席
As Junior Class President,
我不能朗读被费瑟黑德校长 否定的文章
I can't read an article Principal Featherhead has rejected.
不是文章 是别的东西
Not an article. Something else.
他会阻止的 他之前就这样干过
He'd pull the plug. He's done it before.
我们会处理好费瑟黑德那边
We'll take care of Featherhead.
你只要让我们借用几分钟 你的话筒就行
All you have to do is let us borrow your soapbox for a few minutes.
我要朗读什么
What would I be reading?
急救箱
早上好 贝尔女士 准备好进行早间公告了吗
Good morning, Ms. Bell. Are you ready for morning announcements?
显然 你的一名同学 泰贝莎塔特
Apparently, one of your classmates, Tabitha Tate,
在橄榄球场上晕倒了
has passed out on the football field.
费瑟黑德校长正在照顾她
Principal Featherhead is tending to her.
我要给他俩拿些嗅盐
I'm to bring both him and her some smelling salts.
不会吧
You don't say.
你会用麦克风吧
You know how to use the microphone?
是的 我会
Indeed, I do.
不要担心 贝尔女士 一切都会好起来的 拜拜
Don't worry, Ms. Bell, all will be well. Toodles.
早上好 河谷镇高中的同学们
Good morning, Riverdalians.
和我们通常的早间公告不同
In lieu of our usual morning announcements,
我 雪柔布罗森
I, Cheryl Blossom,
会将我的话筒交给一名同学 托妮托佩兹
will be turning over my microphone to one of our classmates, Toni Topaz.
请将你们全部的注意力给予她
Please give her your undivided attention.
你们中的一些人可能已经听说了 密西西比州现在的情况
Some of you may have heard what's happening in Mississippi right now.
爱默特提尔 一个14岁的男孩
How a 14-year-old boy, Emmett Till,
是如何因为可能 向一名白人女子吹口哨而被谋杀的
was murdered for maybe whistling at a white woman.
以及凶手是如何被无罪释放的
And how his killers were just acquitted.
我写了一篇关于这场审判的文章
I wrote an article about the trial,
没人想让你们读到它 因为它太令人沮丧了
and nobody wants you to read it because it is too upsetting.
因此
So instead,
我会读一首伟大的美国作家 朗斯顿休斯写的
I'll read a poem that the great American writer Langston Hughes
关于爱默特提尔的诗
wrote about Emmett Till.
题目为《密西西比 1955年》
It's titled "Mississippi-1955,"
我希望你们能听进他的话 并加以反思
and I hope you hear his words and reflect on them,
相互讨论
and talk to each other about them.
噢 多么悲哀
Oh, what sorrow!
噢 多么遗憾
Oh, what pity!
噢 多么痛苦
Oh, what pain!
那泪与血
That tears and blood
应汇聚成雨
Should mix like rain
恐怖再次降临密西西比
And terror come again To Mississippi
再次 之前恐怖何在
Come again? Where has terror been?
度假去了 北上去了
On vacation? Up North?
在国家的其他地方
In some other section Of the nation
潜伏着 不被人所知
Lying low, unpublicized?
伪装起来
Masked
只有那昏黄的眼睛在面具后显露
With only jaundiced eyes Showing through the mask?
噢 多么悲哀
Oh, what sorrow
遗憾而痛苦
Pity, pain
那泪与血
That tears and blood
应汇聚成雨
Should mix like rain
就在密西西比
In Mississippi!
那种恐怖 湿热恶臭
And terror, fetid hot
却又潮湿阴冷
Yet clammy cold
留驻于此
Remain
我认为河谷镇高中的学生们
I don't think any of the students at Riverdale High
都没有听过这样的诗
had ever heard a poem like that.
希望那几个女孩 注定要遭受的惩罚是值得的
Hopefully it was worth whatever blowback the girls were certain to get.
那些谎言
The lies.
违抗命令 阴谋诡计
The insubordination. The trickery.
我确实是不舒服
I did feel sick.
然后我感觉好多了
Then I felt better.
你肯定不是在说 我们在公告期间不能朗读诗句
Surely you aren't saying we can't read poems during announcements.
一首由我们最伟大的作家撰写的诗
A poem written by one of our greatest authors.
在公告期间朗读的所有诗歌♥ 都必须经过我的批准
All poems read during announcements must be approved by me.
我还是第一次听到这种规定
This is the first I've heard of any such rule,
但我向你保证 从今以后
but I assure you, moving forward,
所有诗歌♥都会提交给你审核
all poems will be submitted for your approval.
若有半句虚言 天打雷劈
Cross my heart and hope to die.
我不确定你们几位女士 认为自己做到了什么
I'm not sure what you ladies think you've accomplished...
但有些事情的确不一样了
But something had been accomplished.
鉴于最近发生的事件 我们对朗斯顿休斯
Given recent events, it might be fruitful for us
为爱默特提尔事件撰写的诗歌♥ 进行讨论 应该能有所收获
to discuss the poem Langston Hughes wrote about Emmett Till.
它让你们有什么感觉
How did it make you feel?
愤怒
Angry.
沮丧
Upset.
绝望
Hopeless.
他真的只有14岁吗
Was he really just 14 years old?
是的
He was.
他比我们这间教室里的人都年轻
He was younger than all of us in this room.
半夜时分被人从家里拖出来
Taken out of his home in the middle of the night.
遭受殴打
Beaten.
和折磨
Tortured.
他的尸体被抛进河里
His body thrown into the river.
托佩兹小姐 塔特小姐 沃克先生
Ms. Topaz, Ms. Tate, Mr. Walker,
我知道你们参加了 在密西西比州的审判
I understand that you were in Mississippi for the trial.
如果你们愿意分享一下自己的感受
If you're comfortable sharing your experience,
我相信我们其他人 倾听一下你们的见闻
I believe it would be valuable for the rest of us
一定会获益匪浅
to hear about what you saw.
托佩兹小姐
Ms. Topaz,
可以从你开始吗
would you like to start?
磕磕绊绊地 但又无法阻挡地
Fitfully, but also necessarily,
一个也许几十年后才会发生的讨论
a conversation that might not have happened for decades
在河谷镇高中的这个下午开始了
began at Riverdale High that afternoon.
["Baby, Please" playing]
嗨 瓷娃娃 怎么样
Hey, Dollface. What do you say?
想开车去老爹那边吗 罗妮
Want a ride to Pop's, Ronnie?
我眼前有两条路
Hmm. I see two paths before me.
光明的和黑暗的
Light and dark.
快速的和缓慢的
Fast and slow.
肤浅的和认真的
Shallow and earnest.
但是今天
But today...
两位 我想自己走回家
I believe I'll walk home, fellas.
♪ 'Cause you know, know... ♪
终于发生了吗
Had it finally happened?
我是不是疯了
Had I lost my mind?
也许1995年不是幻梦
Maybe 1955 wasn't the dream.
也许那个未来才是幻梦
Maybe the future, that was the dream,
而我终于醒来了
and I finally woke up.
你好 陌生人
Hi, stranger.
我能加入你们吗
Mind if I join you?
我以为你已经离开了
Yeah. I thought you were leaving.
我不是1955年的泰贝莎
I'm not the Tabitha from 1955.
她正在和她父母一起 前往孟菲斯
She's with her parents, heading to Memphis.
我是 -河谷镇的守护天使
I'm... -Riverdale's guardian angel.
那个记得你 爱着你的泰贝莎
...the Tabitha who remembers and loves you.
我的天哪
Oh, my God.
你得使用自己的时空操纵能力 让我们离开1955年
You need to use your chronokinesis and get us the hell out of 1955.
阿奇想把我送进静慈修道院
Archie is trying to get me committed to the Sisters of Quiet Mercy.
老天 这真的是 见到你我太开心了
God, it's so...I'm so happy to see you.
我也很开心见到你
I'm happy to see you too...
但我不能带我们回家
but I can't take us home.
还不行
Not yet.
为什么不行
Why not?
我们最后时刻的招数
Our last-minute gambit
阻止贝利彗星毁灭河谷镇的计谋
to stop Bailey's Comet from destroying Riverdale...
失败了
didn't work.
那彗星击中了河谷镇
So the comet hit?
并引发了灭绝级别的事件
And it triggered an extinction-level event.
我们都死了吗
Are we all dead?
那这是什么 甜蜜来世吗
Is that what this is? The Sweet Hereafter?
不 我们都活在
No, we are alive...
剧集 | 河谷镇 | 导航列表