剧集 | 河谷镇 | 导航列表
Well, as a former Bulldog myself...
我很感谢你的牺牲
I do appreciate the sacrifice.
一点都不麻烦 我很高兴能这么做 真的
It's no trouble at all. I'm cranked to do it, really.
我知道自己就做不到
Well, I know I couldn't.
我是说和那种人
I mean, bunking with a...
我们把他视为必要之恶 丹尼斯
We look upon him as a necessary evil, Dennis.
一种达成目的的手段
A means to an end.
她说的是赢得比赛
She's talking about winning.
斗牛犬队今年必须夺冠
Bulldogs must be champions this year.
我们镇需要一些精神支柱
Town needs something to rally behind.
而且弗兰克
And, you know, Frank,
当你建议引进一名韩国奇才时
when you suggested bringing on a Korean prodigy...
我是持怀疑态度的
Well, I was skeptical.
但看过他的比赛后
But having seen him play... Whew.
我现在明白了 你的想法是多么的鼓舞人心
I now see how inspired your thinking was.
告诉我 阿奇
Tell me something, Archie.
他有没有
Does he, uh...
意识到我们向他和他的家人 提供了多么难得的机会
actually realize the opportunity we're presenting to him and his family?
他意识到了
He does.
他只是不想落下学校的功课
He just doesn't wanna fall behind on his schoolwork.
真不错
Good for him.
但是
But, uh...
我们不在乎那些东西
Well, we don't care about that.
我们只需要他做一个忠诚的士兵 为我们赢得冠军奖杯
We just need him to be a loyal soldier and bring us our championship trophy.
他这么做时 最好面带微笑
He does that, preferably with a smile on his face...
我们这边就不会挑任何毛病
there'll be no problems for us.
也不会挑他家人的毛病
And none for his family.
恕我失陪
If you'll excuse me...
我要去透透气 -好的
I'm gonna get some fresh air. -Yeah.
好酒
Good stuff.
教练 祝愿我们赛季取胜
Well, coach, here's to a winning season.
糖果和零食
雷吉曼陀
Reggie Mantle.
我还以为你不喜欢看电影呢
And here I thought you weren't a fan of movies.
我可没那么说
I didn't say that.
我只是说鸭子溪没有电影院
I said we didn't have any theaters in Duck Creek.
原来如此
I stand corrected.
我今晚可能在这里的事实
And the fact that I might've been here tonight
没有影响到你的决定吧
didn't influence your decision, I suppose?
如果我说实话呢
If I'm being honest?
我一向主张诚实待人
Oh, I insist upon honesty at all times.
完全没影响
Not at all.
事实上 我忘了你在这里工作
Truth is, I forgot that you worked at this place.
我不在这里工作
I don't work at it.
我是老板
I own it.
你要点些什么
Now, what can I get for you?
小份的爆米花
A small popcorn.
不要黄油
No butter.
我在训练
I'm training.
给你
Here you go.
免费的
On the house.
谢谢
Thanks.
这么没礼貌
How rude can you get?
反正天涯何处无芳草
Anyway, there's plenty of other fish in the sea.
没错
True.
但有机会就逃吧 赫尔曼梅尔维尔 因为那是真正的大白鲨
But take a powder, Herman Melville, because that is the real Moby Dick.
这就像是《东方快车谋杀案》的情节
Wow. This is like the Orient Express.
我就是这么想的
That's exactly what I said.
给你 -谢谢
Here you go. -Oh, thank you.
好
Yeah.
其实我给你带了点东西
Um, I actually...I brought you something.
给 这个送你了
Here. This is for you to keep.
《黑水河: 来自面纱后的声音》 WEB杜巴依著
"Darkwater: Voices from Within the Veil by W.E.B. Du Bois"?
杜波依斯 -杜波依斯
"Du Bois." -Du Bois.
他是社会学家和民权积极分子
He is a sociologist and a civil rights activist.
也是我最喜欢的作家之一
He's also one of my favorite authors.
这书名真棒
Wow, it's a great title.
我要从哪个故事开始看呢
Which one should I start with?
我们已经知道你是科幻小说迷了
Well, we've established that you're a fan of science fiction.
虽然这本更像是推理小说
And though it's more speculative fiction,
我会建议从杜波依斯写的 一个叫做《彗星》的故事开始读
I would suggest a story that Du Bois wrote called "The Comet."
讲的是什么 -很精彩
What's that one about? -Oh. It's fantastic.
讲的是一颗彗星撞击纽约市
It's about this comet that hits New York City,
它杀死了所有人 除了两个人
then it kills everybody except for two people:
一个叫吉姆的男人 和一个叫茱莉亚的女人
A man named Jim and a woman named Julia.
讲述了他们之间发展出的
And it's sort of about this unlikely relationship
不太可能的感情
that develops between them.
有趣的是 吉姆是黑人 茱莉亚是白人
And what's really interesting is that Jim is Black and Julia's white.
这是科幻小说中
And it's sort of one of the first times
首次对跨种族感情的描写
an interracial relationship has been depicted in science fiction.
听起来很棒
Well, it sounds terrific.
是的 -我等不及要读了
Yeah. -I can't wait to read it.
其实我在想 也许我们可以今晚一起读
Actually, I was thinking that maybe we could read it together...
今晚大声朗读 如果
tonight, aloud, if...
如果你愿意的话
If you wanted.
好啊 听起来不错
Yeah, that sounds swell.
联谊会怎么样
How was the mixer?
老实说很无聊 你也没错过什么
It was Dullsville, honestly. You didn't miss out on much.
啦啦队员呢 都盛装出席了
Hmm. How were the cheerleaders? All dolled-up?
我不想谈这个话题
I don't really wanna talk about it.
嘿 我去洗个澡
Hey, I'm gonna grab a shower.
《超级鸭子》
好了 你们这帮笨蛋
Okay, you lug nuts.
教练在开会
Coach is in a meeting.
所以我今天要带大家做热身运动
So I'm running warmups today.
大家都没有异议吧
Everyone good with that?
那样的话 我们开始打球吧
In that case, let's play ball.
来吧
Here we go.
漂亮
Nice.
来吧 香蕉小子 把球传给我
Come on. Banana boy, pass me the ball.
把球传给我
Pass me the ball!
嘿 别这样
Hey, come on.
听好了
Listen up.
我们不玩这种烂把戏
We are not doing this crap.
你们可能没注意到 雷吉是我们最强的球员
If you haven't noticed, Reggie here is our strongest player.
他是我们今年打进季后赛的唯一机会
Our only shot at making the playoffs this year.
我们要提升到他的水平
So we're gonna rise to his level.
如果你们不想和他做朋友
So if you don't wanna be chummy with him,
没关系
that's fine.
但是从踏上球场的那一刻起 我们就是队友了
But the minute we hit this court, we are teammates.
在为彼此而战
Fighting for each other.
如果你们不认同这一点 门就在那边
If you can't get on board with that, the door's right there.
包括你在内 队长
That includes you too, captain.
希望这些足够了
I hope this will suffice.
你新俱乐部的赞助资金
Funds for your new club.
谢谢你 雪柔
Thank you, Cheryl.
费瑟黑德居然批准了黑人文学社 我很震惊
I'm shocked Featherhead approved a Black literary society.
他没批准
He didn't.
这些资金的指定用途
Those funds were earmarked for...
不是用来做这个的
something else.
但我相信你们俱乐部是 更有价值的尝试
But I believe your club to be a much more worthy endeavor.
那我就不多问了
Well, I won't ask any more questions.
但是还要谢谢你
But thank you.
不客气
Of course.
我期待读到你的第一♥期♥期刊
I look forward to reading your first issue.
雪柔 等等
Cheryl, wait.
什么事
Yes?
啦啦队训练结束后你要做什么
What are you doing after cheerleading practice?
没有安排
No plans.
为什么这么问
Why?
如果你想的话
If you want...
也许我们可以在暗室见面
剧集 | 河谷镇 | 导航列表