剧集 | 无罪证明 | 导航列表
第一季 第八集
好像我从来没有做过这个似的
It's as if I've never done this before or something.
我还真有点紧张呢
Wow, I'm a little nervous.
我完全理解
Oh, I totally get that.
-我也会紧张 -你才不会呢
- I get nervous. - No, you don't.
紧张就意味着 你进入角色了
Nervous means like, you know, you're in the game, like,
紧张意味着你想赢
nervous means you want to win.
紧张是好事
Like, nervous is good.
好吧 紧张是好事
Okay. Right. Nervous is good.
-紧张是好事 -那我就时刻紧张着
- Nervous is good. - I'll just be nervous all the time.
-就要这劲头 -好吧...
- That's the spirit. - Okay, um...
我们今天的嘉宾是播客界大咖
Our guest today is podcasting icon
-我的个人偶像 埃拉·格拉斯 -很荣幸
- and my personal hero Ira Glass. - Glad to be here.
"播客界大咖"听着有点搞笑
"Podcasting icon" is such, like, a funny thing to say.
感觉我是一个多数人都没听说过的业界大咖
Like, I'm this "Icon" of this thing that most people have never heard of.
播客中最大的挑战之一就是
Uh, one of the biggest challenges in podcasting
在你实际讲述的故事和故事背后
is balancing the story that you're actually telling
更深层次的意义或讯息之间寻找平衡
with some kind of bigger meaning or message,
而你做起来不费吹灰之力
which is something you do effortlessly.
-你的秘密是什么 -说实话
- What's your secret? - I mean, honestly,
我们只是把某个人的事讲给听众听
we just try to tell the pod of what happened to a person,
理想情况是 听众自己
and then, ideally, they are the one who had
能听出这背后更深刻的想法和意义
the bigger thought or idea about what it means.
如果他们无法悟出
Um, and then if they don't, like,
那主持人或者记者可以再进行诠释
then the host or reporter can jump in and give that meaning.
我有一个很好的例子
There's a really amazing example
是我刚听说的一个关于14岁孩子的故事
that I just heard where it was this story of this 14-year-old,
警方会把他当作成人对待
who, uh, who the police would treat as an adult
因为他看上去就像成人
because he looked just like an adult.
然后这位主播表达了
And then the host is the one who jumps in
独到的观点
with this really beautiful thought
即外表存在的欺骗性
about how deceptive appearances can be.
我的天啊
Omg.
你在说我的节目
You're talking about my show.
是的 我在说你的节目 恭喜你
Yes, I am talking about your show. Yes, congratulations,
你认出了自己的节目
you recognize your own show.
你做得太棒了
Yeah, you're doing such a nice job.
再次感谢你能来
Thanks again for doing this.
我很乐意
Totally glad to do it.
还有假装是粉丝
And for pretending to be a fan.
-很贴心 -我没有假装
- That was nice. - I'm not pretending.
-你的节目很棒 -谢谢
- Your show's really good. - Thanks.
过几天我就要离开这儿了
Hey, okay, so, I fly out of here in a couple days.
你明天晚上干什么
What are you doing tomorrow night?
我想
Um... Oh, I guess I'm,
你干什么我就干什么
I'm doing whatever it is that you are doing.
你真幽默 要一起吃晚餐吗
You're funny. Um, do you want to have dinner?
好啊
I-I, um, I do.
一起吃晚餐 太好了
I do want to have dinner. That would be nice.
-太好了 那我再联♥系♥你 -好的
- That's great. Okay, so, I will be in touch. - Okay.
我们用成年人的方式约定
We will make arrangements, the way that adults do.
-好的 再会 -太好了 谢谢
- Good. All right, okay. Okay. - Great. Thanks.
*Can't be more of a baller...*
我们的第一个目标是为你重新设计一个
So our first goal is to reframe you
我称之为英雄竞选的活动
into what I call a hero campaign.
深入打造你的传奇传记
We lean into your incredible bio,
展示你的英雄形象
display images of you looking heroic.
伸张家庭正义
严格枪♥支♥法
严惩犯罪
加强传统价值观
这一幅 你是拯救芝加哥的大救星
Here you are as the man who saved Chicago.
亲爱的丈夫 传统美国生活
A loving husband, American as apple pie.
在郊区屡试不爽
Tested great in the burbs.
这幅说的是戈尔·贝劳斯就是法律
This one says Gore Bellows is the law.
很有说服力
Powerful.
-令人信服 -当然
- Forceful. - Absolutely.
让我看上去像赢家
Makes me look like a winner.
您就是 先生
Which you are, sir.
最棒的是这把竞选的焦点放在我身上
Best part is it makes the campaign about me,
而不是斯科特的案子
instead of the Scott case.
梅菲尔德总是担心玛蒂琳的新闻舆♥论♥
Mayfield was always obsessed with how Madeline's press
会影响我的支持率
was affecting my numbers.
我不想说他的坏话
Yeah, I don't want to say anything negative about him,
因为他是个好人 但他很业余而且水平低
'cause he's a great guy, but he's an amateur and a hack
会使你一败涂地
who will lead you to a crushing defeat.
与玛蒂琳·斯科特对战 以牙还牙
All right, fighting Madeline Scott, going tit for tat,
把她架到你的高度 她就无力招架了
it puts her at your level and she is not.
她是凶手
She's a murderer.
-你真的相信吗 -我一直相信
- You really believe that? - I always did.
我就知道你是我要找的人
I knew you were my guy.
你觉得我应该无视她吗
So you think I should just ignore her?
是的
I do, I do.
除非...
I mean, unless...
除非什么
Unless what?
攻击她不会有好结果
Well, attacking her would be a disaster,
但如果你有她犯罪的...
but if you had new evidence...
新证据...
...of her guilt...
你就能大获全胜
I mean, then you would win in a landslide.
你是说 重新指控她是凶手
You mean, recharge her for murder?
如果你有新证据的话
Only if you had new evidence.
如果有 你就能主导新闻舆♥论♥
If you had it, you would dominate every news cycle.
公平正义何以保全
我相信她是无辜的 但如果她不想要我们的帮助
I believe she's innocent, but if she doesn't want our help...
监狱是个令人绝望的地方 我们只需给她点希望
Prison is a hopeless place, we just need to give her some hope.
所以呢 我们违背她的意愿坚持这么做
So what, we go against her wishes and do it anyway?
未经当事人同意 假定接受委托
It's not even ethical to assume representation for a client
是不道德的
without their consent.
那就找些新证据
Then let's find some new evidence,
让她有理由同意
give her a reason to say yes.
2018年是历史上对待跨性别女性
2018 was one of the most violent years
最暴♥力♥的年份之一
in history for transgender women.
这个案子正好能把公众的焦点聚集到这些问题上
This could be an amazing case to shine a light on those issues.
我们不能接一个
We can't take the case of someone who doesn't
不想免罪的人的案子
want to be exonerated.
这个案子让你感到不自在吗
Are you uncomfortable with this case?
不 如果她真的想要我们的帮助 我乐意跟进
No. I'd gladly move forward if she actually wanted our help.
她想要 只是她自己还不知道
Well, she does, she doesn't know it yet.
来吧 我们再找找线索
Come on, let's dig around.
给她一个改变主意的理由
Let's give her a reason to change her mind.
不可思议 不是吗
Amazing, isn't it?
所有对这个社区的敌意
All the hatred for this community.
他们想做的只是活出自我
All they want to do is just live their lives for who they are.
我无从得知
I wouldn't know anything about that.
黑人社区和同性恋社区在
Does the black community share any connection
被仇恨团体攻击方面没有共通之处吗
with the gay community for being targeted by hate groups?
有人会说有 因为我们都知道由于自己的身份
Some might say yes because we both know what it's like
被人厌恶的感觉
to be hated for being who you are,
而且我们通常被同一类人厌恶
and we're both generally hated by the same people.
但也有人说你可以隐藏你的爱意
But others say you can hide who you love,
但你无法隐藏你的肤色
but you can't hide the color of your skin.
但当你无法隐藏爱意时该怎么办
But what do you do when you can't hide who you love?
变性骄傲
遏制艾滋病
我们需要真正的信任
而不是隔离
不要在柜子里度过你的一生
同志骄傲
辛迪不可能杀她
No way Cindy killed her.
所有在性倾向方面与主流文化和
占统治地位的社会性别规范或性规范不符的人
警♥察♥会把一切罪名都安在酷儿人群头上
Cops will pin anything they can on queer people.
-你当时是酒吧的老板吗 -不 只是个侍应
- Did you own the bar then? - No, I was just a server.
像大多数酒吧一样 它是帮派的物产
It was mob-owned like most gay bars.
98年以后他们离开了 总得有人继续维持
They walked away in '98 and someone had to keep it alive.
这个酒吧很特别 一个安全的避风港
This bar was special. A safe haven,
每个人都可以做自己
where everyone could be themselves.
每个人
剧集 | 无罪证明 | 导航列表