剧集 | 无罪证明 | 导航列表
《无罪证明》前情提要
Previously on Proven Innocent...
-我们还未正式见过面 -瑞克·赞恩 幸会
- We've never officially met. - Rick Zahn. It's a pleasure.
我会用到很多钱
I'm gonna need a lot of money.
我会尽我所能
I will do everything I can
保证你坐上总检察长的位置
to get you seated in the AG's office.
我妻子以为我正在和我的牧师谈话呢
My wife, she thinks I'm talking to my pastor right now.
但你来找心理咨♥询♥师了
But you came to a therapist instead.
她丈夫坚称被告
And her husband asserts that the defendant
拿着棒球棍挥向他们
took a swing at them with a baseball bat.
不 是布莱恩攻击的我
No, Brian came at me.
我们申请判处25年有期徒刑
We will be seeking 25 years in prison.
有一条关于你的新闻
It's a news story about you.
芝加哥每日邮报
玛蒂琳·斯科特促使她的朋友自杀了吗
"斯科特的主要嫌疑犯包括她的哥哥"
"Scott's prime suspects include her brother."
那是迪伦效力的报纸
That's Dylan's paper.
-他的名字在旁边 -他在利用我
- His name is in the byline. - He was using me.
我很抱歉
I'm so sorry.
成功源自于经验
Success comes from experience.
伊西和我把我在司法体系中的遭遇
Easy and I use what happened to me
作为我们的动力
in the justice system as motivation.
我经历过地狱般的生活
I lived the hell.
我们不希望还有其他的无辜者
We don't want another innocent person
经历同样的梦魇
to have to go through that.
而且我们擅长此道也没什么坏处
And being good at what we do doesn't hurt either.
接"有前景的"案子是否也对你们律所有帮助
Does taking "Winner" cases help your firm, too?
你们好像只接受人关注 有新闻价值的案子
Y'all seem to only take the flashy, newsworthy cases
众人皆知的案子
everybody knows about.
就像你的案子 斯科特女士
Just like your case, Ms. Scott.
-那么说不一定准确 -你靠着那些
- That's not necessarily true. - You make headlines
被冤枉的人们去上头条
on the backs of the wrongfully accused.
别装蒜了 斯科特女士
Let's keep it real, Ms. Scott.
你怀念受人关注的日子
You miss the attention.
我一点也不怀念在监狱里浪费掉的十年
I don't miss anything about losing ten years of my life to prison.
我蹲了二十年
I did 20.
蒙冤入狱 就像你一样
Wrongfully convicted, just like you.
我能出来要归功于昭雪项目里
I got out thanks to the dedicated lawyers
那些倾注心血的律师们
at the Innocence Project.
那太好了 您是...
That's great, Miss...
阿米娜·杰克逊
Amina Jackson.
我是个民权活动家
I'm a civil rights activist,
同时也是东克利夫兰这些民众的召集者
and an organizer for the folks here in East Cleveland.
这是我的社区
This is my community.
那太好了 杰克逊女士
That is great, Ms. Jackson,
但我想要澄清一点
but I just want to make one thing clear.
我们事务所会接下所有值得帮助的委托人
Our firm takes every deserving client we come across.
我们不在乎委托人是不是有名
We don't care if the client is famous,
或者审判会不会上新闻报道
or if the trial will make the news.
我们相信司法体系有问题
We believe the justice system is flawed.
我们要去改正那些问题
We are here to help fix that.
我们想要去制止这些错误
We're trying to end these mistakes.
行了吧
Oh, please.
如果你是来自于一个处于社会底层的
There ain't no ending anything when you come from
垂死的社区 什么制止错误都是屁话
an underprivileged and dying community.
如果有人需要我们的帮助
If someone needs our help,
我们根本不会计较他的出身
we don't give a damn where they come from.
很好
Good.
一位出身东克利夫兰的人戴温·瓦特金斯
An innocent East Cleve man, Davon Watkins,
被判死刑 罪名为谋杀♥警♥♥察♥
is on death row, blamed for murdering a cop.
他没名气
He's not famous,
一贫如洗
and he's poor as dirt.
你们准备好接下这个
You ready to fight the case
所有人都不敢碰的案子吗
that everybody else was too damn afraid to take?
如我所说 俄亥俄州的律师都不接这个案子
Like I said, no attorney in Ohio will touch it.
因为戴温是个毒贩子
It's because Davon was a drug dealer.
戴温不是个圣人
Davon is not a saint,
但他绝不是杀人犯
but he for sure ain't a killer.
戴温从小和我隔三户人家
Davon grew up three houses away from me.
我了解他如了解自己兄弟一般
I know him like I'd know my own brother.
他不可能会去杀一个卧底警♥察♥
And there is no way he killed an undercover cop.
他们为什么要逮捕他
Why'd they arrest him?
因为他开的车
Because of the car he was driving.
公园里发生了一个驱车枪击的案子
There was a drive-by shooting in the park.
有颗子弹射中了一名卧底警♥察♥
A bullet hit an undercover cop.
人们说枪手拿着枪
Folks say the shooter was a man with a gun,
开一辆黑色的雪佛兰羚羊
driving a black Impala.
但那不可能是戴温
But it couldn't have been Davon.
他去杂货店接我
He was picking me up from the grocery
每个月的第一天都是如此
like he always do the first of the month.
警♥察♥不相信他不在现场的证据
The cops didn't believe his alibi?
你们知道这是怎么回事
You know how it goes.
他们的一员被杀了 警♥察♥们都满腔怒火
One of their own gets hit, and they come down with a fury.
肯定有地方搞错了
There was some mistake.
戴温是清白的
Davon is innocent.
我们能帮助他们吗
Can we help them?
弑警杀手 比较困难
A cop killer? That's rough.
也许我们可以
Well, maybe we could.
你说他在等待执行死刑呢 对吧
You said he's on death row, right?
你们能想象那有多恐怖吗
Can you imagine how horrible that is?
我当然能想象 我每天都要和你一起工作
Yeah, I can imagine. I work with you every day.
我们之前还从来没有辩护过死刑的案子呢
We've never tried a death penalty case before.
我们需要提交一个申请准许我们
We'd have to file a motion for permission
只此一回在俄亥俄州出庭
to appear pro hac vice in Ohio.
所以你要接这个案子
So you're doing this?
我觉得我们应该仔细看一下
I think we should look into it.
为什么 就因为阿米娜·杰克逊将了你一军
Why? Because Amina Jackson dared you to?
不是 因为我相信她
No, because I believe her.
当事人是个公认的毒贩
The client is a known drug dealer.
受害人是个卧底的缉毒警官
The victim is an undercover narcotics officer.
没有证据显示检方行为不当或者刑讯逼供
There's no evidence of prosecutory misconduct or police abuse.
我很好奇
I'm curious.
无罪证明
第一季 第七集
死刑是抵偿任何罪行的最高代价
Death is the ultimate price to pay for any crime.
这也承认了我们的刑事司法体系
It's also an admission that our criminal justice system
实际上讲究的是以牙还牙
is really about revenge.
本周的《直待昭雪》
On this week's Until Proven Innocent,
我们要讨论戴温·瓦特金斯的案子
we'll discuss the case of Davon Watkins,
他被判处了死刑
a man sentenced to death.
我们会说到死刑
We'll talk about the death penalty.
无论你认为死刑对社会有利与否
And whether you think it's good for society or not,
你都应该了解 穷♥人♥和少数民族
you should know that it is used disproportionately
被判死刑的比例更高
against the poor and minorities.
除此以外 人非圣贤孰能无过
And more than that, since humans are fallible,
一旦我们错杀了一个无辜的人 会怎么样呢
what happens when we execute the innocent?
这个决定...
It is a decision...
无法挽回
that can never be undone.
你好 戴
Hey, D.
姐
Sis.
你好 戴温
Hi, Davon.
我是玛蒂琳·斯科特
I'm Madeline Scott.
阿米娜说你有个搭档
Amina said you had a partner.
对 伊西
Uh, yeah, Easy.
他来不了 在处理我们另一个案子
He couldn't make it; issue with another one of our cases.
是吗 还是怕处理我的案子
Yeah? Or is it an issue with my case?
完全不是
That's not it at all.
伊西从不畏惧冒险
Easy's never been afraid of taking chances
我也一样
and neither am I.
你是什么方面的律师
You're what kind of lawyer?
再保险调查
Reinsurance investigations.
-听上去有点无聊 -确实是
- That sounds kind of boring. - Oh, it definitely is.
抱歉 布德罗先生 只是
You know, I'm sorry, Mr. Boudreau, you just,
剧集 | 无罪证明 | 导航列表