剧集 | 无罪证明 | 导航列表
Today's Until Proven Innocent is being recorded at the Performing Arts Center
昭雪律师事务所取得胜利
并在此举♥行♥首届年度昭雪律师事务所募捐会
for our first annual injustice Defense Group fund-raiser.
首届年度昭雪律师事务所募捐会
全世界都知道
Now, the whole world knows
玛蒂琳在十年的狱中生活
that Madeline got her bachelor's degree
取得了学士学位
during her ten years in prison,
获释后她就读于耶鲁法学院
and upon her release attended Yale Law School,
并以名列前茅的成绩毕业
graduating top of her class.
而不为大多数人所知道的是
But what most people don't realize
在接手她臭名昭著的案子时 她的辩护律师
is that her lawyer wasn't even a criminal defense lawyer
甚至都不是刑事辩护律师
when he took on her infamous case.
不是 再保险监管
Nope. Reinsurance regulation.
国家对再保险业进行的监督和管理
那到底是怎么回事
So what happened?
说实话
Uh, truth be told,
开始我跟其他人一样认为她有罪
I thought she was guilty like everyone else did.
后来玛蒂给我写了一封信
Then Maddie sent me a letter.
信上说"在听完我的故事前
The letter said, "Please do not look away
请先不要拒绝"
without at least hearing my story."
我非常惊讶 我想也许
I was so surprised, I thought perhaps
这个案子就是为我准备的
this is the one case meant for me.
于是我决定听从主的引导不再拒绝
And so I decided to follow the Lord's guidance and not look away.
在共同工作了几个月后 我问她
After a few months working together, I asked her about
给我的那封特殊来信下面写的数字
the number she'd written at the bottom of my special letter.
两千七百三十六
2,736.
原来那是她在给我寄信前已经寄出的信件数量
Turns out, that was the number of letters she'd sent before mine.
在那一刻我意识到自己找到了人生目标
I realized right then that I had discovered my purpose.
因为如果2735位训练有素的律师
Because if 2,735 trained lawyers
会拒绝一位无辜姑娘 轰动一时的案件
would ignore an innocent girl whose case was famous,
那还有谁会去为那些含冤入狱却无名的
who was gonna fight for the innocent people behind bars
人们而斗争呢
who weren't famous?
罗斯玛丽·林奇被残忍♥杀害
Now, Rosemary Lynch was brutally murdered
可凶手至今仍未落网
and yet her killer was never found.
说得没错
That's correct.
当有人因谋杀案蒙冤入狱时
When someone goes to prison for a murder they didn't commit,
意味着真正的凶手仍逍遥法外
it means the real murderer is still out there.
跟去年一样的捐助额
Same contribution as last year?
-绝对地 -也许可以再多一点
- Absolutely. - Maybe a little more?
我今晚的身份是一位亿万富翁的捐助人
My cover is a billionaire donor tonight.
所以我才买♥♥了这顶帽子
That's why I bought this hat.
这不太让人信服啊
It's not very believable.
-你好吗 -很好 你呢
- How are you? - Good, how are you?
迪伦 你好
Dylan, hi.
-谢谢你过来 -必须的
- Thank you for coming. - Yeah, of course.
贝基呢 她来不了吗
Where's Becky? Sh-She couldn't make it?
你没听说啊
Oh, you didn't hear.
她
She, um...
她把我甩了
She dumped me.
-什么 -没错
- What? - Yeah.
真疯狂 你就像肥皂剧里的男主角
That's crazy. You're like a rom-com character.
什么意思
What do you mean?
就是 你懂的 你又帅
Well, just, you know, you're handsome,
又有胡子 还有份性感的记者工作
and you have a beard and a sexy reporter job.
不幸的是 她不觉得我的工作性感
Uh, well, unfortunately, she did not feel that way about the job.
她讨厌我的工作
She hated the job.
这份工作
It was just, um...
总是四处奔波
I don't know, it was just too much travel.
如果我男友在报道中东新闻 我早乐上天了
If my boyfriend was covering the Middle East, I'd be in heaven.
就在他要惹我生气时
Just... Just when you start to annoy me,
他就得出差了 完美
you leave town. Dreamy.
那或许我们俩可以出去约会
Well, then maybe you and I should go out sometime.
很好笑
That's good.
你很幽默
You're hilarious.
我去喝
I'm gonna go get a...
我去喝一杯
I'm gonna go get a drink.
我以为你不喝酒
I thought you didn't drink.
我想现在开始喝
You know, I think I'm gonna start.
-好吧 -好
- Okay. - Okay.
别紧张 亲爱的
Don't be nervous, honey.
你肯定稳赢
You're gonna crush this.
我们在斯普林菲尔德的出席率还不够
We don't have enough of a presence in Springfield.
州南的票数还是太少
The numbers are still too low downstate.
我们时间充裕 等我们办完
We've got plenty of time, and when we're through,
你的对手们会被碾压地灰飞烟灭
your opponents will be scattered into piles of ashes.
亲爱的 没人比你更会打比方
Nobody does metaphor quite like you do, my love.
好了
Now...
笑开些 亲爱的
Big smile, dear.
我本着无比自豪和谦卑之心
It is with great pride and great humility
在此宣布竞选伟大的伊利诺伊州
that I announce my candidacy for attorney general
总检察长一职
to the great state of Illinois.
若能当选 我承诺加强法制秩序建设
If elected, I promise to enforce law and order,
确保有罪必惩
ensure that no crime will go unpunished.
这就是他打的算盘
So that's what he was up to.
我们前两任总检察长成为了州长
Our last two AGs became governor.
我们不能让这事发生
We can't let that happen.
如果你在媒体前对他穷追不舍
Hey, if you go after him in the press,
就会让人觉得你在报复他
it'll come across like revenge.
在法庭上这样就不会了
Not if I do it in court.
你在说什么呢
What are you talking about?
-你想起诉他吗 -不 是曝光他
- You want to sue him? - No, expose him.
你知道我和哈维·伯克贝克不是唯一
You know Harvey Birkbeck and I aren't the only
蒙冤被他送入狱的人
two innocent people he's thrown in jail.
如果他当选了总检察长
And there'll be a heck of a lot more
-蒙冤入狱的人会更多 -没错
- if he's elected attorney general. - Exactly.
我们得把他的竞选运动扼杀在摇篮里
We need to sink his AG campaign before it begins.
我们再找个被他错判的受害者
Let's find another one of his wrongful convictions--
找个知名的案子 然后让他难堪
something really high profile-- and jam it down his throat.
你确定要惹怒他吗
Are you sure you want to poke the bear?
不 我想挖出他的心脏
No, I want to rip his heart out.
他已经毁了多少无辜的生命
How many innocent lives has he destroyed?
戈尔·贝劳斯宣布竞选总检察长
我觉得这不是个好主意 但我认为该有人...
I don't think it's a great idea, but I think somebody ought to...
这家伙没资格成为总检察长
This man doesn't get to be attorney general.
露西亚 你为什么纵火
Lucia, why did you set the fire?
因为我的小天使让我这么做
Because my little Angel told me to.
他跟我说话了
He spoke to me.
他说他准备好上天堂了
He said he was ready to go to Heaven.
你真的想这么做吗
You seriously want to defend
给西普尔曼的一个巫婆辩护
the Wicked Witch of West Pullman?
她烧毁了房♥子 烧死了自己的孩子
The woman murdered her own child by burning down her house
-还供认不讳 -这还不如
- and then confessed to it. - We'd have a better chance
给查尔斯·曼森[美国连环杀手]作无罪辩护呢
exonerating the ghost of Charles Manson.
我知道这不是最好的案子
I know it's not a great case,
但她的PCR听证会还有不到两月就要开始了
but her PCR hearing is in less than two months.
时机刚好 知名度也够高
The timing is perfect, and it's high-profile enough
很多媒体会关注
that we'll get a ton of press.
这就是场亟待发生的灾难
This is a disaster waiting to happen.
人人都讨厌她
Everyone loved hating her.
就跟他们讨厌我一样
Just like they loved hating me.
露西亚·里肯是因这个形象而被定罪的 对吧
Lucia Rincon was convicted because of this image of her, right?
-恶魔般的哥特女王形象 -没错
- The satanic goth queen? - Correct.
如果我告诉你
What if I told you...
她其实是个牧师的妻子
she was really a preacher's wife
从未涉足过哥特风呢
who was never into goth?
那那些哥特妆是怎么回事
So, then what was with all the goth makeup?
那不是化妆出来的
It wasn't makeup.
那是大火产生的煤烟
It was soot from the fire.
招供前他们都没有让她清洗
They didn't clean her up before the confession.
目击者称看到她在现场
Eyewitness accounts have her getting
接受了某种注射
some sort of injection on the scene.
要我猜 她的毒理报告肯定不见了
And let me guess, her toxicology report has disappeared.
无影无踪
剧集 | 无罪证明 | 导航列表