剧集 | 我知道这是真的 | 导航列表
抓她个现行
但我发现的 比想象的更糟
我的家 带着死去兄弟的梦想和汗水建造的家
被新的祸害侵占了
-你叫什么名字 -亨利
- What's your name? - Henry.
-亨利 -德林克沃特
- Henry? - Drinkwater.
快滚
Go!
我警告他再也别靠近我的金发西西里女儿了
我怀疑
布斯佩连在和那个印第安人合作破坏我的家
他们的阴谋得逞不了
因为现在我发现了事情的真♥相♥
我唾弃任何威胁特佩斯塔家人的混♥蛋♥
我开除了那个印第安人
我必定战胜敌人
警♥察♥依然对我兄弟的惨死心怀内疚
很乐意听我讲述
对
Yes.
我解释了如果她只在监狱待几天
那问题只能解决几天
但如果把她关进疯人院
她的归属
那我可怜的孩子和我就能安静地生活了
放开我 放开我 上帝诅咒你们
此后我再没见过那个巫婆
据我所知 她还待在那个疯人院里
还吃着东西喘着气
破坏特佩斯塔的家 她就要付出代价
你瞧
Voila!
喜欢吗
You like?
这个
This...
像这样拿
Hmm? Okay?
拍打
This.
现在那个巫婆走后
我和女儿就能更加亲近了
我们是彼此仅有的家人
这个可怜的兔唇女孩
可怜的兔唇女孩
...poor hare-lipped girl...
没有男人想要她
没有男人想要她
...that no other man wanted.
她煮饭 清扫 非常安静
她的安静使父亲喜悦
康瑟提娜流着西西里的血
Concettina has Sicilian blood in her veins.
她知道如何保守秘密
She knows how to keep her secrets.
就这样
That's it.
他就写到这里 没了
He, he ends right there, that's it.
我不是说不可能 我...
I'm not saying it's impossible. I'm--
我是说可能性不大
I'm saying it's highly improbable.
拜托 医生 他都明摆地说了
I mean, come on, doc. He says it right there.
"她知道如何保守秘密"
"She knows how to keep her secrets."
西西里的血 奥美塔黑♥手♥党♥沉默守则那玩意
Sicilian blood. All that omerta mafia bullshit.
秘密 可以指任何东西
Secrets-- it could mean anything.
可能是布斯佩连有秘密
It could mean Prosperine has secrets,
也可能是秘密菜谱
it could mean secret recipes.
任何事都有可能
I mean, anything.
从你告诉我的这些来看 没错 你的外公
From what you told me, yes, your grandfather,
他是个极其不幸福 误入歧途的人
he was a-- he was a terribly unhappy, misguided man.
残忍♥ 自私 甚至多疑
Cruel, self-serving, paranoid, perhaps.
但你说的没有什么
But nothing, nothing you have told me
能证明他强♥奸♥了自己的女儿
necessarily means that he raped his daughter
并生下了你和你兄弟
and fathered you and your brother.
好吧 那我就回到了最初的地方
Okay, so I'm right back to where I started before I--
回到了我刚开始读这破玩意儿之前
before I even began reading the goddamn thing.
-是什么 -生活一团糟 还没有父亲
- Yeah, and where is that? - I'm fucked up and fatherless.
好吧 我们这样想吧
Okay, let's just think for a moment, okay?
别把这份手稿想成一个神秘
Let's think of this manuscript, not as a mystery
并带有令人抓狂不确定结局的故事
with some maddeningly inconclusive ending.
把它当成一个寓言
Let's think of it as a parable.
好吗 寓言通常都有启示意义
Right? Parables instruct.
在寓言故事的最后
One reaches the end of an allegory
都会点出故事想揭示的主旨
and confronts the lesson that it offers,
那我问你
so I'm asking you,
你从外公的经历学到了什么
what does your grandfather's story teach you?
我们注定厄运缠身 想想看
That we're doomed. I mean, come on.
能有多少家庭
How many families do you know that have so much
会碰上这么多倒霉事
fucked-up shit happen to them?
真的
Seriously.
我失去了一切
I've lost, I've lost everything.
我失去了孩子
I lost my baby.
我的妻子 我妈妈
I lost my wife. I lost my mom.
我兄弟
I lost my brother.
你觉得你兄弟的死也是诅咒之一
And you think your brother's death is part of a curse.
对
Yeah.
为什么不是呢
Yeah. Why not?
我觉得 多米尼克
Seems to me, Dominick, that...
你努力保护你兄弟
you tried protecting your brother
结果出了一场可怕的事故
and a terrible accident occurred.
一场事故
An accident.
对 多米尼克 一场事故
Yes, Dominick, an accident.
一场你完全无能为力的事故
An accident that was completely out of your control.
不是的
It wasn't out of my control.
你当然无能为力 你都不在场
It was out of your control. You weren't even there.
为什么你就那么难以理解呢
Why is it so hard for you to-to-to grasp the concept of this?
父亲造的孽 反噬了儿子
The sins of the father are visited on the son.
你信业障吗
You believe in karma, right?
-你信业障 -对
- Do you believe in karma? - Mm-hmm.
所以这跟业障又有什么不同呢
So why is that any different than the concept of karma?
-因为 多米尼克 -我不明白为什么你
- Because, Dominick-- - I don't understand why you...
-理解不了 -因为 因为有时候
- ...can't understand this. - Because, because sometimes,
在外界
it's so much easier to look outside of ourselves
找痛苦 失败和失望的原因
to find explanations for our own pain,
要比自我反省
our own failures, our own disappointments,
承担自己行为的责任
rather than looking inward
容易得多
and taking responsibility for our actions.
-拜托 -如果
- Come on. - I mean, it would be,
如果我们是因为命运 上帝 基因
it would be so much easier, wouldn't it,
某种想象不到的罪孽或者魔咒才成为我们
if luck or God or genetics or some unthinkable sin
这样是不是容易得多
or magical spell just made us who we are.
这样就容易多了 是不是
It would be easier, wouldn't it?
比什么容易得多
Easier than what?
自己琢磨出自己是谁
Figuring out who we are on our own.
我们会有很多种可能
And that, in fact, we can be many things.
狂躁或者和蔼 强壮或者虚弱
Rageful and kind. Strong and weak.
畏惧或者伤心
Terrified and sad.
失落
Bereft but...
却不害怕继续向前
not afraid to go forward.
不管他是有意还是无意的
Now intentionally or not,
你的外公给了你非常宝贵的礼物 多米尼克
your grandfather has given you a very valuable gift, Dominick.
他的失败是一种寓言 他性格的失败
A parable of his failure, the failure of his character.
他选择的失败 因为他有得选 多米尼克
The failure of his choices because he had choices, Dominick.
你相信人是可以自♥由♥选择的吧
You believe that a man has free choice, right?
-是吧 -拜托
- Well, do you? - Come on.
-你相信吗 -你以为呢
- Do you believe that? - What do you think?
那你就得接受这份礼物 使用它
Then you need to take this gift and you need to use it.
你得从中吸取教训
You need to learn from it.
你之前说过 你觉得自己一塌糊涂 没有父亲
You said earlier that you feel fucked up and fatherless.
没错
Yeah, it's true.
-是吗 -是啊
- Is it? - Yeah.
我可不这么想
I beg to differ.
首先 你肯定有父亲 多米尼克
First off, you're certainly not fatherless, Dominick.
如果你愿意让思维不局限于卵子精♥子♥
Provided you're willing to think beyond egg and sperm.
没错 你可能永远都无法知道
Yes, you may never, you may never discover
你生父是谁
the identity of your biological father,
但如果你把一个
but if one defines one's father as the male elder
从小到大陪着你的年长男性定义为父亲
who follows one's childhood to adulthood,
那你父亲就还活着 对吧
then your father's very much alive, isn't he?
不管雷的抚养方法有什么缺点
Whatever Ray's parental shortcomings have been,
他一直在你生活里稳定存在
his presence in your life has been a constant.
葬礼之后你们还说过话吗
Have you spoken to him since the reception?
没有
No.
那你可有活儿干了
I think you have some work to do.
雷
Ray?
雷
Ray.
雷
Hey, Ray.
雷
Hey, Ray?
雷
剧集 | 我知道这是真的 | 导航列表