剧集 | 我知道这是真的 | 导航列表
He's not my father.
多米尼克 他是
Well, Dominick, he-- he is.
他是你父亲
He is your father.
他关心你和你弟弟
And he cares about you and your brother.
他给我们挣生活费
He puts food on our table.
我的亲生父亲还活着吗 他是死了吗
Is my real father alive? Did he croak or something?
-别说了 -告诉我
- Shh, shh, shh, shh. - Just tell me.
-他是谁 妈 -你好好睡会
- Who is he, Mom? - You get some sleep, huh?
别淘气
Don't be a monkey.
-好吧 -你在做什么
- Fine! - What are you doing?
快躺好
Come on, lie down.
你要去厕所吗
What? You gotta go to the bathroom?
-不 -你在做什么
- No. - What are you doing?
-我要去外面 -多米尼克
- I'm going outside. - Dominick!
我这辈子 一直想象着一个场景
All my life, I had imagined a scenario
我最终会知道亲生父亲的身份
in which my father would, at last, reveal himself to me.
你还有十分钟
You get 10 more minutes.
然后你就进来 好吗
Then I want you to come in, okay?
我编造出了牛仔父亲 飞行员父亲
I cooked up cowboy dads, pilot fathers
他会在蜀葵大道上紧急降落
who made emergency landings on Hollyhock Avenue.
从飞机上跳下来 把我们从雷身边救走
Hopped from their planes and rescued us from Ray--
那个娶了我妈妈
the intruder who married my mother
在我家定居下来的不速之客
and installed himself in our home.
但不管他是谁 我妈一直守着秘密
But whoever he was, my mom just kept it a secret.
带着这个秘密生活
Just lived with it.
埋葬了这个秘密
Buried it.
她这辈子都藏着这个秘密
Buried it inside her for her whole life.
于是我们都不知道
And so we all did.
然后 1986年的八月
And then, in August of 1986,
托马斯走进那间图书馆的三年前
three years before Thomas walked into that library,
我妈摸到左乳♥房♥♥有个肿块
Ma fingered a lump in her left breast.
她的乳♥房♥♥被切除
Her breast was removed.
一周后
A week later,
医生说癌细胞已经扩散
she was told that the cancer had metastasized.
如果运气好 加上积极治疗
With luck and aggressive treatment,
肿瘤专家告诉她
the oncologist told her,
她大概能再活六到九个月
she could probably live another six to nine months.
什么叫六到九个月
What the hell do you mean, six to nine more months?
我的继父 我弟弟和我
My stepfather, my brother and I
都在各自挣扎着 消化着对于妈妈
struggled independently with our feelings
患病和痛苦的感受
about Ma's illness and pain.
她的死期
Her death sentence.
我们都各自想办法弥补
Each of us fumbled in our own way
让她高兴
to make things up to her.
托马斯花了好几个小时组装
Thomas spent hours assembling and gluing
并粘贴他的作品 他称之为
and shellacking something he called
"大杂烩拼贴画"
a "Hodgepodge collage."
我继父决定整理好她的剪贴簿
My stepfather decided he would fix her broken scrapbook.
我给母亲准备的礼物则最具野心
My own project for my mother was the most ambitious.
我要重建她50年代的厨房♥
I would remodel her 1950's-era kitchen.
我想这么做 是为了表达
I conceived the idea to show her
我爱她胜过一切...
that I loved her best of all...
妈
Hey, Ma.
或者只有我理解这家庭诅咒
...or that I alone understood the family curse.
正给你翻新厨房♥呢
Doing the kitchen for ya.
这诅咒首先给了她一个易怒的丈夫
That had given her, first, a volatile husband,
然后一个精神分♥裂♥的儿子
and then a schizophrenic son,
然后又给了她癌症
and then handed her the big C.
妈 墙上有字
Ma, there's writing on the wall.
看上去是外公的笔迹
It looks like it's Grandpa's.
对 是老爸的
Yeah, it's Papa's.
妈 怎么了
Ma? What's the matter?
没什么 你继续忙吧
Nothing, nothing. Just do whatever you're doin'.
什么 你不想要个新厨房♥吗
What? You don't want a new kitchen?
从现在的情况来看
Just, everything goin' on right now,
这有些太麻烦了
it's a little much, you know?
好吧
Alright.
多米尼克 你想送我礼物
Dominick, you wanna give me somethin',
送我点小的就行
just give me somethin' small.
别生气 亲爱的
Don't be bitter, baby.
过来
Come here.
我想给你看样东西
I wanna show you somethin'.
一直等着合适的时机给你
Just waitin' for the right time to give it to ya.
-是什么 -是给你的
- What do you got? - It's for you.
-妈 -打开看看
- Ma. - Go on.
妈 你把钥匙粘盒子上了
Ma, you got the key taped to the box.
这样你就不会弄丢了
So you don't lose it.
太贴心了
Aw! So sweet.
这是...
This is...
妈 这是什么
Ma, what is it?
天啊 是意大利语
Christ, it's Italian.
是我父亲的故事 他的人生故事
It's my father's story. His life story.
你读过这个吗
Have you, have you read this?
我已经把我会的那点意大利语全忘光了
I've forgotten as much Italian as I ever knew.
我知道这边写的是他的名字
I mean, I see his name right there.
但剩下这些是什么意思
What-what does the rest of it say?
"多米尼科·欧诺福里奥·特佩斯塔的传奇人生
Oh, it says, "The History of Domenico Onofrio Tempesta,
一个出身卑微的伟人"
a Great Man From Humble Beginnings."
他对自己很有信心 不是吗
Well, he certainly had a good idea about himself, didn't he?
-是啊... -妈
- Yeah, well... - Wow, Ma.
我真希望我能当面见见他
I wish I could have met him.
他见过我爸吗
Did he ever meet our father?
我不太舒服 我觉得我该
I don't feel so good. I-- I think I should--
妈 为什么我们不能谈这事
Ma, why can't we talk about this?
-你能扶我上楼吗 -在经历过这些之后
- Will you help me upstairs? - After all this...
这一切之后
after everything--
扶我上楼吧 亲爱的 拜托了
Help me upstairs, sweetheart. Please.
来吧 妈
There you go, Ma.
躺下吧 妈 休息一下
There you are, Ma. Get some rest.
我爱你 妈
I love you, Ma.
请进
Yeah, come in.
你好 是内德拉·弗兰克吗
Hi, Nedra Frank?
-我是内德拉 -好
- Yeah, I'm, I'm Nedra. - Yeah.
我给你打过电♥话♥ 我是多米尼克·伯兹
Yeah, I called you. Dominick Birdsey.
我打电♥话♥给你是为了我外公手稿的事情
I called about my, my grandfather's manuscript.
我需要把它翻译一下
I need a translation.
这是...我外公写的
It was... my grandfather's.
我已经很久没见过这种纸了
Oh, wow, I haven't seen this paper in so long.
好的 没问题 看上去他写的是标准意大利语
Yeah, oh, okay, looks like standard Italian
还混着一些西西里土话
and, oh, mixed in with some peasant Sicilian.
你是想要个估价吗
I mean, are you wanting an estimate?
一页八美元如何
I, I would say, eight dollars a page.
如果需要加注释的话 收费会更高一些
And then more where explanatory footnotes are necessary.
但注释当然是必不可少的
And they will be necessary.
加注释要多少钱
How much is that gonna be?
我不清楚 再加五美元吧 或者再加八美元
I don't know, five dollars. It could be eight dollars.
这取决于我得写多少字
It depends on how much text I have to generate,
因为 我是个学者
'cause, well, I'm-- I'm a scholar.
所以你要我做的事 本质上就好比
So what you're essentially asking me to do,
你去找一个正经的艺术家然后说
it's like going to a serious artist and saying,
你能给我画幅画来配我的窗帘吗
hey, can you paint me something to match my drapes?
你也知道的
You know.
所以 你得花多久
So how, how long you think it's gonna take?
一个月吧
A month.
两个月也说不定
I mean, or two months, I mean,
我的日程表还是挺满的
depending on my oppressive schedule.
你得先预付四百美元
I would need $400 up front.
你有笔吗
Do you have a pen?
多谢了 摩根
Oh, thank you so much, Morgan.
我还以为你会用你那张帅脸来撩我 然后
I thought you were gonna hustle me with your good looks and just
试着带我出去
剧集 | 我知道这是真的 | 导航列表