Hello, Dr Crane.
你好 Daphne - 你怎么来的
Hello Daphne. - What brings you here?
租了辆车 多谢我哥哥
I rent a car, thanks to my brother.
我猜你来这是有原因的吧 - 没错
I assume you're here for a reason. - Yes.
Frasier 我昨晚到家的时候
Frasier, last night when I got home,
碰见老爸和Lawlor两个人的怪事
that strange incident with Dad and Mrs Lawlor
让我想到这会不会就是我们两家人吵架的原因
got me to thinking what was it that caused the rift between our families?
所以我挖出了我的少年日记
So I dug out my old boyhood journal
查了下我的目录
and looked up my entries
我们在湖边的最后一个夏天那部分
from our last summer together at the lake.
这里面说 有三周的时间
According to this, there was a three-week period
老爸老妈天天晚上
when Mom and Dad had screaming matches every night
都在我们睡觉以后吵架
after we went to bed.
我不记得了 - 对啊
I don't recall that. -oh That's right.
那个时期你坚持要
Same period when you insist on
带蜡质耳塞和睡眠面膜
wearing the wax earplugs and the slumber mask.
我也没办法啊 你躲在被子里
Well, I had to, well, with you underneath
打着手电看国家地理
the covers with a flashlight, while looking at the national geographics.
我在看地图 - 所以才吓人啊
I was looking at the maps. - That's what makes it scary.
重点是什么
Now what was your point?
根据我的日记 那段时期还有更刺♥激♥的事发生了
According to my journal something more provocative happened
看这里
during that same period. Here.
这一段
Read this.
"尽管湖边的夏天似乎是乏味空虚的经历"
"Though summer at the lake seems but a vapid, vacuous experience "
"但是对我问题多多的少年时期“
"It is a neccessary tonic
”确实是一个必须的滋养品“
"for my troubled youth."
Niles 你写这玩意的时候多大
Niles how old were you when you wrote this?
大概九岁吧
Almost nine.
这解释了那多余的"乏味"和"空虚"两个字
Which explains the redundancy "Vapid" And "Vacuous".
我十岁的时候写的文章就精简多了
By ten, my writing had gotten considerably tighter.
还有其他的事
Among other things.
问题是那一晚我从纱窗门廊下悄悄逃出
The point is that same night I crept out under the screen porch,
关着灯 这样就不会吸引到蝙蝠和飞蛾
leaving the lights off so as not to attract bats and moths.
就在我凝视黑夜的时候
As I peered out through the darkness,
我看到树之间有人影
Between the trees I saw the figures
是老爸和Lawlor太太互相搂着对方
of Dad and Mrs Lawlor in each other's arms.
我觉得这很明显了
I think it's pretty clear what happened, Frasier.
他们俩在搞外遇
Dad and Mrs Lawlor had an affair.
拜托 Niles 我很欣赏你试图
Oh come on, Niles! I appreciate your attempt to
对我们家庭历史增加点什么料
spice up our family history,
但是我们不是一部Jackie Collins的小说 这太扯了
but really, we're not a Jackie Collins novel. It's ridiculous.
是吗 好吧 让我给你展示证物B
Is it? All right, allow me to present exhibit "B".
这是老妈保存的那段时期的相册
This is a photo album Mom prepared of photos from the same period.
我喜欢看老家庭照片
I love to see old family photos.
老天啊 真是个又帅又壮的年轻小伙子
My goodness, what a handsome, sinewy young bloke!
那是我们老爸
That was our Dad.
你们随你们妈长的 是吧
You two take after your mother, don't you?
好了 好了 看这张照片 还有这张
All right All right. Look at this picture and this one here.
那是老爸 但是他旁边那个人被剪掉了
That's Dad, but the person next to him has been cut out.
你们看这个 你还能看到
And if you look at this one, you can still see
裙子的边缘 手提包 和沙滩拖鞋
the edges of a dress and a handbag and tan sandals.
这是本该被剪掉的人
Here's one who should have been cut out.
那个鱼肚脸色戴着雨帽的瘦家伙
That scrawny little chap with the fish-belly complexion and rain hat.
我是按医嘱说的不能被太阳直射
I was under doctor's orders to stay out of direct sunlight.
但是我们不能确定那就是Lawlor太太啊
But we don't know for sure that that was Mrs. Lawlor.
而且就算是也不能说明她和老爸有一腿啊
And besides, even that wouldn't prove that dad had an affair with her.
你们在说什么啊
What are you two talking about?
Niles有个关于老爸在我们小时候出轨的推测
Oh Niles had a theory that dad had an illicit affair when we were youngsters.
你老爸 他不是那种人吧
Your father? I can't believe that. He's not the type.
我也这么觉得
Well, that's what I think.
而且也没足够的证据啊
Besides, Niles, there's not enough proof.
你是说这不可能咯
Are you saying that's not possible?
什么事都有可能 - 那你怎么不去问他
Anything is possible. - Then why don't you just ask him?
就是 晚上好老爸 顺便问一句
Right. "Good evening, father, by the way
你在我们烤棉花糖的时候
did you boff one of the
是不是和邻居有一腿
neighbour while we were roasting marshmallows?"
有个办法能知道真♥相♥
Ah, ah. There's one sure way to get the truth.
我们可以打电♥话♥问Vivian阿姨 - 谁是Vivian阿姨
We'll call Aunt Vivian. - Who's aunt Vivian?
她被称为大嘴巴 Crane家族秘密的守护者
Better known as the Mouth. Keeper of Crane family skeletons.
不 Niles 我们不能打电♥话♥给她
No Niles, we are not calling Aunt Vivian.
为什么 你怕发现什么你不想知道的事么
Why? Are you afraid you will find out something you don't want to know?
是的 我怕她知道我住哪 而且她还能开车呢
Yes, that she knows where I live and she still drives.
你们俩比躲在围栏后面
You two are worse than a couple of old washer women
说闲话的洗衣大妈还糟
gossiping over the back fence.
我说了 要解决这个问题只能去问你们老爸
I'm telling you the way to solve this is to ask your father.
问我什么
Ask me what?
你的两个儿子有个荒唐的想法
Your sons here have some cockeyed
你在30年前和一个女人有外遇
notion that you had an affair with some woman 30 years ago.
啥
What?
你们怎么会那么想
Where the hell did that idea come from?
昨晚Frasier看到你和Marion Lawlor吃晚饭
Well, last night Frasier saw you having dinner with Marion Lawlor.
你也在好不好 - 你们在监视我吗
You were with me! - So what are you two doing spying on me?
不不老爸 我们只是和你在同一个时间地点吃饭
No,No, dad. We were just having dinner together at the same time
尽管那时候你应该和朋友在Duke喝酒
when you were supposed to be having drinks with your buddies at Duke's.
那就说明我30年前有外遇吗
And that proves I had an affair 30 years ago?
不 不 但是Niles挖出了他的日记
No, no, but Niles dug out his journal and then he remembered
发现那个时候他看到你跟她拥抱
This time when he saw you and her hugging and
而那个时候你和妈妈似乎一直在吵架
It was around the same time when you and mom seem to be fighting a lot.
然后你就不再和Lawlor一家联♥系♥了
And then suddenly you stopped seeing the Lawlors.
有没有搞错 这太扯了
I don't believe this.This is stupid!
我就说吧
That's what I told them.
这俩家伙还打算给Vivian阿姨打电♥话♥呢
The hens here were even gonna give some aunt Vivian person a call.
Daphne 能让我们聊会吗
Daphne, would you give me a minute alone with these two?
当然 我完全理解
Of course, I completely understand.
没错 把佣人赶去房♥间
That's right, send the help to the room.
反正我从来听不到什么好东西
I never get to hear any good stuff any way.
不用给Vivian阿姨打电♥话♥
Look, don't bother calling aunt Vivian.
你们想知道真♥相♥是吧 行
You wanna know the truth? Fine.
我是有过外遇
I had an affair.
这是很久以前的事了 我一点也不为之自豪
It happened a long ago and it's not anything I'm proud of.
既然我回答了你们的问题 你们也要为我做一件事
Now that I've answered all your questions, do me a favor.
绝对不能再提起这件事 知道了吗
This is never to be brought up again, understand?
就这样了
End of discussion.
额
Well...
大部分家庭在这个时候
It's times like this that most families...
互相依靠互相给予关怀
...pull together and draw strength from each other.
我们该干嘛
What shall we do?
谢谢
Thank you.
你在这就好了 我来看看你
Good, you're here.I came by to see how you're doing,
不过我只有几分钟时间
but I only have a few minutes.
我今晚开始参加"幽默治愈互助小组"
start my "healing with humor" support group tonight ..and I
我还要去拿我的大头鞋
I still have to pick up my big shoes.
我怎么样 你怎么样呢 Niles
How am I doing? How are you doing, Niles?
你老爸对我老妈不忠你不觉得很烦恼吗
Doesn't it bother you that your father cheated on my mother?
Frasier 你相当忠诚 而我要说
Frasier, your loyalties are seeping through and I might point out that
我继承了老妈的特征
I got mom's small features
而你继承了老爸粗短的大腿
while you got dad's chunky thighs.
重点是那肯定让老妈很伤心
The point is that it must have caused mom a great deal of pain.
同意 但是之后他们生活的很幸福啊
Agreed, but they went on and had a very happy life together.
他们想通了 你为什么不行
They got over it. Why can't you?
我知道理智上我应该能想通
I know that rationally I should be able to handle this.
我每天和有着典型人性弱点的人打交道
I deal with people who exemplify human frailty every day.
但这件事上 这不是其他人
But in this case, it's not people it's
而是我们的老爸有了外遇
one of our parents had an illicit affair.
老爸怎么能和Marion有一腿
How could Dad cheat with Marion knowing how the effect
在知道这会对妈妈还有我们
it would have on Mom, not to mention the repercussions
有着非常大影响的情况下
it would have on you and me later on.
你干脆拉把椅子一起聊吧
Why don't you just pull up a chair and join us?
我就是不敢相信 那是我们老爸
I just can't believe that it's... it's our father.
你知道我和他关系不好
You know I never had a great relationship with him,
但是我一直尊重他一点 就是他的正直
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表