我们不禁要问
One can only wonder how many hours
Derek Mann在电脑屏幕的微光前坐了多久
Derek Mann sat in the glow of his computer screen
颤抖的手指突然找到灵感
before his trembling fingers sprang to life
写出了这样的精美句子
and pecked out this chef d'oeuvre,
我讨厌Frasier Crane
"I hate Frasier Crane."
缺少这种天才的评论家会白白浪费时间
A lesser critic would have wasted our time
来精心思考 逐点论证
by presenting a well-thought out, point-by-point,
对节目提出建设性批评
constructive critique of this show.
但是 我们的Mann先生没有这么做
But, no, not our Mr Mann.
所以 亲爱的听众们
So, dear listeners,
当你们拿到Mann先生的专栏
when Mr Mann's column arrives on your doorstep,
你要读 要欣赏 最重要的是 要珍藏
read it, enjoy it, but above all, treasure it.
因为 有一天这位先生会步入不朽的殿堂
For one day, this man will join the pantheon of the immortals.
如果我们幸运的话 那一天不会很久了
And, if we're lucky, it'll be one day soon.
我是Frasier Crane医生
I'm Dr Frasier Crane.
太棒了
居然在这里遇到你 - 我经常都在这儿
Frasier, how funny running into you here. - I'm always here.
20分钟前你可不在这儿
Yes, you weren't here 20 minutes ago.
你看今天的泰♥晤♥士♥报♥了吗 - 没有
Have you seen today's "Times"? - No.
你走运了 我帮你留着呢 快看Derek Mann的专栏
Lucky for you, I saved you this copy. Take a look at Derek Mann's column.
这是这几天来你第二次
You know this is the second time in these many days
给我送报纸了
that you've given me a paper.
有没有考虑过找份送报的工作
Have you ever considered getting yourself a route?
你好 我们还没见过吧
Hello. I don't believe we've met.
我们见过 见过三四次了 我是Roz Doyle
Yes we have, Niles, three or four times, Roz Doyle.
当然 我们上次在
Oh, of course. It was at the, uh...
上次遇见是在
It was during the, uh...
好吧 我丢脸丢得太成功了 我们在哪儿见的
Well, I'm far too successful to feel awkward. Where did we meet?
广播台 - 你说是就是吧 很高兴再次见到你
The radio station. - I'll take your word for it. Nice to see you again.
显然Mann先生昨天听了你的节目
Apparently, Mr Mann heard your programme yesterday.
这里说 昨天 Frasier Crane医生对我提了点意见
So I see. "Yesterday afternoon, Dr Frasier Crane got on my case
他说我没有逐点地批评他的节目
"For not giving a point-by-point criticism of his radio show.
好吧 他自找的 下面我就开始了
"Well, he asked for it, so here it goes."
我的天啊 这次他整个专栏都是关于你的节目
Oh, my god. His entire column is about your show.
而且不是什么好话
Not very flattering, either.
在结尾处 他甚至攻击了你那个
Towards the end, he even attacks your
脑袋不太灵光的电♥话♥筛选搭档
"Dim-witted sidekick call screener".
那就是我
That's me!
现在我记得你了
Oh, now I remember you.
很难判断Crane的节目哪一部分我最讨厌
"It's hard to say what to hate most about Crane's show,"
他浮夸 道貌岸然的风格
"His pompous, sanctimonious style,"
他无时无刻不自满地提及他的个人经历
"his constant self-congratulatory references to his own life,"
还是他的声音 假装有同情心而甜得病态的语气
"Or his voice, a mock sympathetic tone so sickly sweet,"
人们禁不住要问 他真的毕业于医学院吗
"One wonders if the man graduated from medical school"
还是毕业于某个控制人心的邪教
"Or from some mind-controlling cult."
12版还有 - 我看够了
It's continued on 12. - I've read enough!
我能帮你们拿点什么吗 - 怎么可以说出这种话
Can I get you folks anything? - How could a man say something like that?
这是我的工作 我是侍应 - 我们什么都不要 谢谢
It's my job. I'm a waiter. - We don't want anything, thank you.
听着 我知道这糟透了 但是几天之后会过去的
Listen, Frasier, I know this stinks. But in a couple of days, it'll blow over.
也许你是对的
Perhaps you're right.
虽然我很愤怒
As angry as it makes me,
但是要回击就必须把自己降到他的层次
to retaliate would be to stoop to his level.
最好的回应就是不回应
The best response is no response at all.
浮夸且道貌岸然 是吗
Pompous and sanctimonious, am I?
Mann先生根本写不了一个语法完整的句子
Well Mr.Mann can't even write grammatical sentences.
每五个词都来一个他最爱的点点点
Every five words there's another one of his precious dot-dot-dots.
铁定是因为他很喜欢
Must because he likes making all those dots
他用蜡笔写文章时画点点
with the crayon he writes this drivel with!
Crane医生 Stewart在二号♥线上
Dr Crane, on line two we have Stewart,
他说自己没办法做到延迟享乐
who's having a problem with delayed gratification.
那就让他等等吧
Well, he's just gonna have to wait!
我不知道这个Derek Mann觉得他自己是谁
I don't know who this Derek Mann thinks he is,
如果他觉得他可以躲在报纸后面
but if he thinks he can hide behind his newspaper
就像个偷偷摸摸的小孩子一样躲在树后面
like some sniffering school child crawling behind a tree,
我看 那就让我们揭开他的伪装吧
Then I say, let's expose this Derek Mann for what he is,
他根本不是一个男人 他半个男人
not a man at all, but half a man.
你刚刚说Stwart在哪条线上 - 他挂了
Now what line did you say Stewart is on? - He hung up.
今天是我的觉醒之日 踏着无数尸体而来
Well, I'm leaving all sorts of bodies in my wake today.
我们看看五号♥线上是谁在打电♥话♥
Let's see who's on line five.
你好 我是Frasier Crane医生 您请讲 我听着呢
Hello, this is Dr Frasier Crane. I'm listening.
很好 因为我也在听着 - 你是
'Good, 'cos I was listening, too.' - And you are?
Derek Mann
'Derek Mann.'
是吗
I see.
从没人敢说我不是真男人
'Look, nobody calls me half a man,
特别是常春藤的蠢货
especially some Ivy League twit.
要不要我们像男人一样解决这个问题
'So what do you say we settle this...like men?'
你是在暗示要跟我打一架吗
Are you implying that you want to fight me?
我没在暗示 我说的就是要打一架
'I'm not implying it. I'm saying it.'
用拳头的那种
Fight as in a fist fight?
不 互相扔馅饼的那种
'No, I thought we might throw pies at each other.
你够胆来吗 还是你不够男人
'So are you up to it, or aren't YOU man enough?'
广♥告♥之后马上回来
We'll be right back after these messages.
回到节目 我们接到了一个意料之外的来电
And we're back. Well we have a surprise caller on the line,
Derek Mann
Derek Mann.
到底要怎样 你要不要跟我打
'So what's it gonna be, Crane? You gonna fight me or not?'
你不会是认真的吧 - 跟我想的一样 你是胆小鬼
You can't be serious. - 'Just as I figured. You're chicken.'
不是 我只是不觉得任何有素养的人会这么做
No, I just don't think civilized people behave that way.
也许听众朋友们对此有话要说
You know Roz, perhaps our listeners have an opinion about this subject.
观众们都有些啥意见呢
What do we have on the line?
八条线上的听众都觉得你是胆小鬼
Well, lines one through eight are people who think you're chicken.
你是胆小鬼 承认吧 - 我不是胆小鬼
'You're chicken, Crane. Admit it.' - I'm not chicken!
我们是成熟 有思想的人 不是山顶洞人
We are mature, thinking people, not cavemen.
你这么想打一架的话 我就跟你打
Oh all right! You want a fight so bad, I'll give you a fight.
说好时间跟地点
You just name the time and place.
Kinsley广场 就在你办公室外
'Kinsley Square, right outside your office,'
旧雕像旁边 明天中午
'by the old statue, noon tomorrow.'
别爽约
'Don't back out.'
我不会的
I won't.
你也别爽约
Don't you back out, either,
我也知道你的办公室在哪里
because I know where your office is, too,
我还知道你家在哪 我会追踪你的
and I know where you live, and I'll track you down!
还有谁想试试我的厉害
Now who else out there wants a piece of me?
又在看那个杀人案呐您
Having a look at that old murder case again?
你呢 Eddie
是的 我在翻犯罪现场的旧照片
Yeah, I dug out the old crime scene photos.
别自己占着啊 也给我看看
Don't be a greedy guts. Let's have a look.
她的名字叫Helen
Her name was Helen.
是的 你说对了
Yeah, it was.
你肯定是在我到处乱放的文件上看见了
You must have seen that on some of my papers I have lying around.
不 我的手碰到照片时有一个感觉
No, I just got this feeling when I touched the picture.
你在逗我玩 - 她生命里有很多男人
You're putting me on. - She had a lot of men in her life.
必须啊 她是妓♥女♥
No kidding. She was a hooker.
不是 我是说她有四个兄弟
No, I mean she had four brothers.
太厉害了 她确实有四个兄弟
That's amazing. She did have four brothers.
你还看到了什么
What else are you getting?
来嘛 都告诉我
Come on. Tell me more.
通灵又不是水龙头说开就能开
I can't just turn it on and off like a faucet.
试试吧 求你了 你还看到什么
Give it a try, will you please? What else are you getting?
没什么 不 等等
Nothing... No, wait.
我看到一个男人 - 是吗
I see a man. - Yeah?
打扮得很好的男人 穿着尖头皮鞋和风衣
A well-dressed man. He's wearing wing tips and a trench coat.
是吗 是吗
Yeah, yeah.
他正从电梯下来 穿过长长的走廊
He's getting off an elevator. He's walking down a long hallway.
她一点也不知道他正在走来 他打开了门
She doesn't know he's coming. He's opening the door.
大家好啊
Hello, everyone.
有的时候我的信♥号♥♥会被打断
Sometimes I get me signals crossed.
发生了什么
What's going on?
除非你12岁时杀了个妓♥女♥ 不然没什么
Unless you killed a hooker when you are 12, not the much.
我们听了你的节目
We heard your show today.
我欣赏你对待Derek Mann的方法
I just loved the way you handled that Derek Mann.
你让你♥爸♥很骄傲
You made your old man proud.
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表