冷静 亲爱的 冷静 听着
Calm down, dear. Calm down. Listen.
和Niles一起喝咖啡
先左转 再右转 再左转
Take a left, then the second right, then a left again.
好的 再见 亲爱的
OK. Goodbye, sweetheart.
Maris又迷路了
Is Maris lost again?
是啊 她不小心走进厨房♥了
Yes, She wandered into the kitchen by mistake.
我刚教她怎么走回卧室呢
I had to talk her back to the living room.
人好多啊 能找到位子吗
It's kinda busy. Any chance of getting a table?
估计有点悬
Not at a moment.
窗户边那桌人五分钟前刚买♥♥的单
The table by the window received their check five minutes ago,
但他们就一直坐在那儿讲废话
but they've been sitting there yammering away ever since.
我用眼神谴责他们 但他们就是不肯向我屈服
I've been shooting them dirty looks, but they haven't budged.
让我看看你的眼神
Oh, show me the look.
看来还得等好一阵子了
They're there for a while.
我们要先点餐吗 - 好啊 点吧
Meantime, shall we go have a order? - Oh, why not? Yes.
今天有什么咖啡 - 津巴布韦和肯尼亚
What are your coffees today? - Zimbabwe and Kenya.
我来一杯津巴布韦拿铁
Oh, I'll have a Zimbabwe latte.
那我要一杯肯尼亚卡布奇诺
I'll have a Kenya cappuccino.
最近发生了什么事吗
So, what's new?
我家的园丁Yoshi 获得了最终的胜利
Well, Yoshi the gardener finally won the battle of the wills.
他终于说服Maris拔掉了那些山茶花
Oh, he got Maris to dig up her camellias,
改装成他向往已久的禅花♥园♥
so he could put in that precious Zen garden
去年秋天就开始怂恿我们了
that he's been hocking us about since last fall.
结果怎么样呢 - 美极了
How did that turn out? - Oh, it's beautiful.
简直是冥想的圣地
It's the perfect place for meditation.
昨天我看到Maris
Yesterday, I found Maris
在正中间端正地保持着莲花坐姿
smack-dab in the middle sitting in the lotus position.
很好啊 显然这个花♥园♥激发了她精神层面的东西
Well, good for her. Apparently it's bringing out her spiritual side.
难说 她当时在读一本Danielle Steel的书
I'm not so sure. She was reading a Danielle Steel novel,
Danielle Steel: 畅销小说家 擅长言情小说 风评一般
还打了个电♥话♥预约了时间做美甲
making a nail appointment on her cellular phone.
你知道到今天为止
Do you realize that today marks a year
我已经从波士顿搬来这一年了吗
since I moved here from Boston?
真的吗 一年了
Really? A year?
感觉爸爸搬去和你一起住还是昨天的事儿
It seems like yesterday Dad moved in with you.
有意思哈
Isn't it funny?
我们俩对于同一件事竟然能有如此相左的感受
How two people can have distinct, opposite impressions of the same event?
看看那群人 好像台子是她们自己家的一样
Look at them. Just sitting there like they own that table.
我们一起用眼神谴责他们吧 - 值得一试
Maybe if we both give them the look. - It's worth a try.
生效了
It worked!
Niles 我以后再也不会怀疑你了
Niles, I'll never doubt you again!
对这桌人发功吧 我去一下洗手间
Try the look on that table. I'm going to the men's room.
气死我了 - 又怎么了
Maddening! - What is it now?
他们给洗手间换了新的护手霜
They have new moisturizer dispenser in the men's room.
太油了 所以我不得不重新洗一次手
And the cream is entirely too oily, so I have to re-washed my hands.
你猜怎么着 烘干机这时候又坏了
And would you know it, that's when the hand dryer chooses to break down.
好不艰难的一天啊
How do you get through the day?
来 津巴布韦和肯尼亚 - 谢谢
Here you go, Zimbabwe and Kenya. - Thank you.
不好意思 我说了要低咖♥啡♥因♥的吗
Excuse me. Did I say decaf?
没有
No,you didn't
抱歉 如果我喝含咖♥啡♥因♥的咖啡
Oh, I'm sorry. If I drink the regular stuff,
我会一直翻来覆去
it'll keep me tossing and
脑子里都是我弟弟说过的蠢话
turning all through my brother's conversation.
没问题 - 谢谢
No problem. -Thank you.
看样子没人打算离开
Well Niles, it doesn't look like anybody is leaving.
我们坐到外面去吧
Why not we take a table outside?
好啊 我正有露天的兴致
Why not? I'm feeling al fresco.
al fresco: 露天/裸♥露♥
真想知道Fresco夫人此刻的心情啊
Oh, how does Mrs Fresco feel about that?
你当年去露营肯定引起一片骚动吧
It must be a riot on camping trips!
你要不要 - 不了
Would you like a ...? - No.
Frasier 既然你人生的第二篇章
So, Frasier, now that chapter two of your
开始风生水起 介意我问你一些问题吗
life is in full swing, would you like I ask you something?
问吧 - 你快乐吗
No, go right ahead. - Are you happy?
听到我的问题了吗 - 嗯 我在想呢
Did you hear the question? - Yes, I'm thinking.
很复杂的问题啊 - 不 一点也不
It's a seemingly complex question. - No, it's not.
很复杂好吗
Yes, it is.
一点不复杂 要么快乐 要么不快乐
No. It's not. Either you're happy or you're not.
那你快乐吗
Are you happy?
不快乐 但我们现在在谈论你
No, but we're not talking about me.
不要企图搪塞过去
Let's just not gloss over that.
我唯一的兄弟 刚刚告诉我你并不快乐
You, my only brother, has just told me you're not happy
听你这么说我很难过 为什么
and it pains me to hear that. Why?
有一天晚上 我在书房♥里看PBS台
I was watching PBS the other night in my study.
当时在播大萧条时期的纪录片
They were showing this documentary on the Great Depression.
Steinbeck风格的
Vintage Steinbeck,
Vintage Steinbeck: 20世纪美国最有影响力的作家之一 擅长描绘底层人♥民♥的生活
穷困潦倒的人从尘暴区逃离
desperately poor people escaping the Dust Bowl,
贫乏的物资绑在老旧的卡车上摇摇晃晃
their meagre possessions strapped to rickety
他们赶往所谓的救世主的方向
old trucks heading to what they thought was their "Salvation".
我看到一个邋遢的小男孩
Then there was this scene with this scruffy little boy
接过军队援助的一双新鞋
being handed a brand new pair of shoes by the Salvation Army.
Frasier 我真希望你也看到
Frasier, if you could have seen
那个男孩脸上的表情
the look on that boy's face.
那是一种纯粹的发自内心的快乐
It was a look of pure and utter happiness.
在我这一生中 从来没有拥有过那种快乐
I have never experienced that kind of happiness, not in my whole life.
即使买♥♥这双400美元的Bruno Maglis的鞋
Not even when I bought
也没让我那么快乐
these $400 Bruno Maglies.
好看吗 - 很好看啊
Do you like them? - Well, they're very nice.
那这些流苏呢 - 我不太喜欢流苏的
What about the tassels? - I'm really not a tassel guy.
我也是 不过不管怎样 反正都在那儿了
No, neither am I. Nevertheless, there they are.
我没有理由不快乐的 我很健康
Oh, I have no reason to be unhappy. I have my health.
有一个美好的家庭 美丽的妻子
I have a wonderful home, a beautiful wife.
你刚才是挑了一下眉吗 - 没有啊
Did your eyebrow just move? - I don't think so.
有自己的诊所
I have my practice.
可是最近这几天 我失去了
Although, lately I've lost track of the ideals
第一次接触精神病学的热情
that led me to psychiatry in the first place.
看看我在向谁倾诉呢
Look Who I am talking to.
竟然问你这种提供快餐式心理解答的人
Psychiatry's answer to the drive-through window.
有时候我会问自己 做这行是不是不止为了钱
You know, sometimes I wonder if I'm not just in psychiatry for the money.
哦 这个我不敢苟同 总而言之 算了
Oh, I wouldn't say that's true. In a word... Oh, forget it.
什么 你想说什么
What? What were you going to say?
没什么 还是别说的好
No, I'd rather not.
你不说也也没关系
Well. There's no need to,
其实我知道你想说什么
actually I think I know what you were getting it.
这个问题放在你心里很多年了吧
You've been wanting to ask me this for years:
我是不是为了钱才和Maris结婚的
did I marry Maris for the money?
我很愤怒 我不是为了钱和她结婚的
I resent that! I did not marry Maris for the money.
只是她恰好是个有钱人罢了
It was just a delightful bonus.
所以你是真心爱她
So you really do love her?
我当然爱她 但不是那种爱
Of course I love her! But it's a different kind of love.
你是指 不够超越性别的约束
You mean, it's not human?
human love: 泛性♥爱♥
不 我的意思是
No, no, I mean it doesn't
不是像Tristan和Isolde那种旷世绝恋
burn with the passion and intensity of a Tristan and Isolde.
和<罗密欧与朱丽叶>齐名的爱情悲剧
这种关系更舒适 更大众化
It's more comfortable, more familiar.
我们就像老朋友一样
Maris and I are old friends.
可以一起度过午后时光
We can spend an afternoon together,
我玩拼图 她弹筝
me at my jigsaw puzzle, she at her Autoharp,
即使一言不发 也觉得悠然自在
not a word spoken between us, and be perfectly content.
我听着更像是
I'm told it was a lot like
快要被终结的希♥特♥勒♥家
that near the end in the Hitler household.
好了 我们还是回到最初的问题吧
Oh fine, well, let's shift the subject back to where it belongs.
一开始 是我问你快不快乐
This whole thing started with me asking whether you were happy.
别想 直接回答我
And don't think about it this time, just answer.
呃 - 嘿 两位
Well... - Hey, guys.
嗨 Roz - 嗨 Roz 你来这做什么
Oh, Hi, Roz. - Hello Roz. What are you doing here?
我一直想学怎么开飞机
Well. I always wanted to learn to fly a jet,
今天他们特别开了个教开飞机的课程
and today they're offering a special on jet-flying lessons.
所以我想来学学喽
So I thought I came by and take a vantage of it.
当然是来喝咖啡的
I came here to get coffee.
谢谢你来和我们打招呼啊 你要不来我真该气死了
Well, thanks for stopping by. I'd have been mad if you didn't.
剧集 | 欢乐一家亲(1993) | 导航列表