剧集 | 外推(2023) | 导航列表
People are dying there,
我们却要把人类的优质营养食品喂给鲸鱼
and we're gonna feed a whale human-quality nutrients
来哄骗牠讲食物、讲交♥配♥
to get it to chat about eating and fucking.
简直是公♥关♥灾难
It's a PR nightmare.
好...有道理
Okay, okay. That's fair enough.
地面温度上升,海洋酸化加剧
The surface temperature is up. Acidification is up.
海湾迟早变死区
The bay is destined to become a dead zone.
好大机会捱不过今季
It's likely to be the last season here.
我们要儘快带来进展
We just need to move this along.
在事情扬开前,赶紧在週末前收尾
Wrap it up by end of week before everything comes out.
是的
Agreed.
独家座头鲸,一定足以打败明日动物园
Exclusivity of a humpback knocks TomorrowZoo out of the game.
给我几晚时间
Just give me a couple more nights.
“玫瑰说:’我们是玫瑰’
"'We are roses,' the roses said.
他克服悲伤,因为他的花说过
And he was overcome with sadness 'cause his flower had told him
它是全世界唯一的花
that she was the only one of her kind in the universe.
但这里却有五千多朵
And here were 5,000 of them,
长得一模一样,同在一个花♥园♥里
all alike, in one single garden.
他对自己说:‘若它看到这个场面
'She would be very much annoyed,' he said to himself,
肯定会很生气
'if she should see that.
它一定会咳得很厉害
She would cough most dreadfully,
它会装死,避免被嘲笑
and she would pretend that she was dying to avoid being laughed at.
若我...
And if I--
我有义务要假装...
And I would be obliged to pretend
悉心照料,使它恢复精神
that I was nursing her back to life.
若我没有这麽做
For if I did not do that
若我没有卑躬屈膝
to humble myself also,
它有可能真的会死去’”
she would really allow herself to die.'"
妈,要我来念吗? - 不必...
You want me to read for a while, Mom? - No, no, no.
我...你还有很长命
I'm-- You're going to be here.
我不是,现在是婆婆的讲故时间
I'm not. So, this is Grandma time.
“于是,他望向倒影
"So, then he went on with his reflections.
‘我以为自己有了花朵而富裕... - 你喜欢这个故事,对吗?
'I thought that I was rich with a flower... - You like that one, don't you?
...它是世上独一无二的’”
...that was unique in all the world'"--
跟你沟通的那条鲸鱼像红毛猩猩吗?
Does the whale you're talking to sound like the way the orangutan did?
不,我让红毛猩猩变成你♥爸♥爸把声了
No, I made the orangutan sound like your father
因为我想念他
because I missed him.
那鲸鱼的声音像甚麽?
Then what does the whale sound like?
像伊芙婆婆
Like Grandma Eve.
不,但牠在现实中是怎麽叫的?
No, but what does she sound like in real life?
想听吗?
Wanna hear?
播放HW1998,基本词彙
Play HW1998. Basic vocabulary.
牠在说甚麽?
What is she saying?
牠说:“我心爱的这个小人类
She's saying, "Who is this little human, Ezra,
艾斯华是谁?”
who I love so much?"
我死后,你会让动物用上我的声音吗?
When I'm gone, will you make an animal sound like me?
不,宝贝,你不会死的
No, baby. Because you're not going extinct.
“’而我只有一堆平凡的玫瑰’
"'And all I had was a common little rose.'
艾斯华,你想看吗?想看玫瑰吗?
You wanna see, Ezra? You wanna see roses?
’他说:’平凡的玫瑰’”
'A common rose,' he said."
我是礼高标顿,大家可能有听闻过
I'm Nick Bilton, and many of you may have heard
我打算和全球最尖端的
that I'm interested in joining forces
基因知识版权公♥司♥合作
with the most sophisticated DNA-based IP company in the world,
兽笼2100
Menagerie2100.
现在,大家可能会问
Now, you might ask why a company
为何阿尔法这样的公♥司♥会想涉猎基因界
like Alpha wants to be in this space,
原因很简单
and the answer is easy.
阿尔法只对一件事情感兴趣
Alpha is interested in only one thing:
分♥析♥出有甚麽现存物种有资格活到未来
identifying what about the present belongs in the future.
一个更好的未来
A better future.
这个未来包括 基因库中的大笨象、红毛猩猩
A future with genetically banked elephants, orangutans and,
我还听说,连座头鲸都有
from what I hear, maybe even humpback whales.
阿尔法开出的条件简直不同凡响
The Alpha benefits package is outstanding.
我有很多事情要向你们学习
I have so much to learn from you all.
我希望在股东的同意下
And I am hoping that, with shareholder approval,
你们能加入这趟旅程
you will join me in this journey.
过来
Come on.
播放档桉时段008
Play archive session 008.
你上次听到雄性的声音是在哪里?
Where did you hear the last male?
牠离这里不远
He was not far from here.
我们在天空下找到彼此
We found each other at the bottom of the sky.
牠与别不同
He was different from this one.
牠怎麽了?
What happened to him?
那时是白天
It was a day.
天空非常接近
The sky was close.
我们以前的食物不见了
The ones that were food for us were gone.
于是我们去新地方找
So, we looked in new places.
牠没有看到上方有东西撞下来
He did not see what hit him from above.
牠被撞出一个洞
It put holes in him,
然后牠就死去了
and he fell away.
一直沉归海底
All the way down.
牠至今还在那里
He is still there.
我看着牠腐烂
I see him as he changes.
新的雄性在哪里?
Where is this new male?
我找不到牠
I cannot find him.
你肯定是丽碧嘉了 我是行动部的人,汉夕
You must be Rebecca. I'm with Operations. Hendricks.
负责南半球项目资源管理
Southern Hemisphere Project Resources Management.
结束播放
Playback, stop.
抱歉,姬丝汀娜没有提过其他人
Sorry, Christina didn't tell me that anyone else was working
处理这个对象 - 不,我只有夜晚才来
with the subject. - No, I've been coming in at night
帮忙加快进度
to help speed things along, you know?
时间很宝贵
Time is of an essence.
很大机会外面那条是最后一条的座头鲸
There's a good chance this is the last humpback out there.
最后两条
The last two.
HW1998,还有一直在跟牠沟通的雄性
HW1998 and the male she has been communicating with.
你有昨晚文字纪录的影印本吗?
Do you have a copy of last night's transcript?
不知为何,进取不了
For some reason, it's blocked.
我建议先集中在这条雌性上
I say we wanna keep our focus on the female right now.
我听过你的记录
I was going over some of your recordings.
我们新诞下的孩子不会活到终老
Our new ones do not rise and fall on the breath.
我想问一下有关你在用的声音
I wanted to ask you about the voice you've been using.
声音? - 鲸鱼的声音
Voice? - For the whale.
你用上人类的声音,违反了兽笼的规矩
You use a human voice avatar, which is against Menagerie protocol.
它会导致我们...
I mean, it leads to exactly the kind of
对牠们产生想尽可能避免的情感
emotional attachment we try to guard against.
你要告发我吗?
You gonna turn me in?
不...
No, no.
不,悉听尊便
No. Whatever floats your boat.
我有甚麽资格批评?
I mean, who am I to judge?
我认识一个跟蝙蝠沟通的傢伙 还用上玛丽莲梦露的声音
I knew a bloke who worked with bats. Made them sound like Marilyn Monroe.
我...翻阅过你的档桉
I just-- I went back in your file.
你对大象也是用上了人声
You used a voice avatar for the elephants as well.
它令我更有共鸣,提出更好的问题
It helps me connect, ask better questions.
你用的人声
The human voice you're using here,
伊芙舒利亚
Eve Shearer,
应该是你妈妈,对吧?
is your mother, I assume.
还有苏门答腊的红毛猩猩
And the orangutan in Sumatra,
你就用上奥马哈德的男人声
some gent called Omar Haddad.
那是我先夫 - 是
My late husband. - Right.
我也说了,悉听尊便
Well, like I said, you know, whatever floats your boat.
我提出过要一队潜水人员
I put in a request for a dive team
拍下雄性鲸鱼的模样 甚至是取得基因样本
to get a visual on the male, maybe even a DNA sample.
你有见到牠吗?看起来如何?
Did you see him? How did he look?
是
Yeah,
你今天应该不会有办法跟雄性鲸鱼聊天
you're not going to be able to work with the male today,
而很遗憾,潜水队也不会找到牠
and, sadly, the dive team won't be able to find him.
你现在听到的...
What you're hearing...
是资料库里录音,七年前冰川湾附近录下
that's an archive recording from near Glacier Bay seven years ago.
那是雄性,现在已经死了
It was a male. He's dead now.
死了?
Dead?
应该是被船撞死的
剧集 | 外推(2023) | 导航列表