剧集 | 外推(2023) | 导航列表
你当时是否知道雇用你的银行 与阿尔法有关系?
Were you aware that the bank that employed you had a relationship with Alpha?
不 我不知道
No, I was not.
而当你得知他们有关时 你的反应是什么?
And when you learned that they did, what was your response?
我辞职了
I resigned.
因为发生在马塔菲勒卡布阿身上的事情?
Because of what happened with Matafele Kabua?
是的
Yes.
具体发生了什么?
And what exactly happened?
阿尔法能够利用我们对妇女的贷款
Alpha was able to use our loans to women
作为孵化器 产生新的发明
as an incubator to generate new inventions.
我想我可以代表大家说
I think I speak on behalf of everyone in saying
我不知道马塔菲勒卡布阿是谁 也不知道为什么这个人会在这里
I have no idea who Matafele Kabua is or why this person here is relevant.
你能告诉特纳先生和法庭吗?
Can you enlighten Mr. Turner and the court?
她来自马绍尔群岛
She was from the Marshall Islands.
当该群岛变得不适合居住时 她搬到了美国
When they became uninhabitable, she moved to the United States,
在麻省理工学院学习
where she attended the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
攻读大气化学专业
Her degree was in atmospheric chemistry.
她有一个想要融♥资♥的产品
She had a product that she wanted to finance.
这个产品有何作用?
And what did this product do?
她声称这是第一个可行的碳清除装置
She claimed that it was the first viable carbon-removal device.
她请求我们帮助开♥发♥和申请专利
She asked for our help in developing and patenting it.
那么 是一个可以使地球碳中和的设备?
So, a device that could make the planet carbon-neutral?
她相信它能做得更多
She believed it could do more than that.
她认为它可以将碳减少到一个目标水平
She believed that it could draw down carbon to a target level.
那这个水平是什么呢?
And what would that level be?
这将取决于科学家们 确定的一个双方都同意的数字
That would depend on a mutually agreed upon number determined by scientists.
或是商人们确定的
Or businessmen.
我母亲的名字叫什么?
What was my mother's name?
你母亲的名字不明
Your mother's name is unknown.
你是从悉尼的流离失所者 避难所中被救出来的
You were rescued from the displaced person facility in Sydney.
阿尔法 告诉我关于 马塔菲勒卡布阿的一切
Alpha, tell me everything about Matafele Kabua.
阿尔法没有此人的记录
Alpha has no record of this person.
对
Right.
如果它成功了 我们现在 就不会坐在这里了
And if it had worked, none of us would be sitting here right now.
但显然它没成功
But obviously it didn't,
否则人们就不会不断将自己上传
or people wouldn't constantly be uploading themselves
-逃离这难以忍♥受的气候 -肃静
- to escape this unbearable climate. - Order.
数以亿计的难民也不会在地球上游荡
And hundreds of millions of refugees wouldn't be roaming the Earth
寻找高地
looking for higher ground.
-肃静 -尼克 拜托
- Order! - Nick, please.
我为我当事人的失控行为道歉
I apologize for my client's outburst.
但你能否向法庭解释
But can you explain to the court
为什么这些都与我们面前的指控有关?
why any of this is relevant to the charges in front of us?
谁控制着卡布阿女士的设备专利权?
Who controls the patent to Ms. Kabua's device?
我的理解是阿尔法公♥司♥ 持有迪西玛公♥司♥49%的权益
My understanding is that Alpha holds 49% interest in the Decima.
迪西玛公♥司♥?
The Decima?
她以她女儿的名字为这个装置命名
She named the device after her daughter.
卡布阿女士的条款包括
Ms. Kabua's terms included
控股权是她遗产的一部分
that the controlling interest be part of her inheritance.
比尔顿先生让世界变得更美好
Mr. Bilton has made the world a better place.
他相信你也会这样做
And he is sure you will do the same.
让他去死吧
Fuck him.
-它失败了 -肃静
- It failed. - Order.
-很明显它从未起过作用 -拜托 尼克
- It's evident it never worked! - Nick, please.
那么你不会反对与法♥院♥分享知识产权吧?
So then you wouldn't object to sharing the IP with the court?
它的设计
The design.
我的意思是 分享失败的产品 为什么会有问题呢?
I mean, why would sharing a failure be problematic?
我们阿尔法公♥司♥更愿意 把自己的东西留给自己
We at Alpha prefer to keep what we own to ourselves.
失败只是解决方案的一个初稿
A failure is just a rough draft of a solution.
卡布阿是否继续发明了 其他拯救人类的东西?
I mean, did Kabua go on and invent anything else that saved humanity?
不 她没有
No, she did not.
她在近十年前去世 死于副黏液病毒58
She died nearly ten years ago. Paramyxovirus 58.
那么她的女儿呢?
And her daughter?
在我的工作中 我们寻找新的想法 而不是丢失的孩子
In my line of work, we look for new ideas, not lost children.
米勒女士 谢谢你 非常感谢你的宝贵时间
Thank you, Ms. Miller. Thank you so much for your time.
尼克 如果你想胜诉
If you wanna win here, Nick,
你要告诉我哪里有漏洞 否则我们会一直被抓把柄
you need to tell me where the holes are, or we'll keep falling through them.
他们用的审判软件是什么?你知道吗?
What Verdictware are they running? Do you know?
什么 法♥院♥?
What, the court?
罗伊斯马约尔公♥司♥的“电子正义”?
Is it E-Justice by Royce Majors?
我可以操纵科林罗伊斯
I can get to Colin Royce.
我不喜欢这个想法 因为攻击国际刑事法♥院♥
I don't like the idea of both of us going away
我们两个人都要进监狱
for hacking the International Criminal Court.
特纳 我们不能再等待了
Well, we can't wait any longer, Turner.
现在是拯救世界的时候了
Time to save the world.
“创新”
"Innovation."
对于我们即将目睹的变化尺度来说 这个词似乎太微不足道了
Seems such a slight word for the scope of change we are about to witness.
在2020年 政♥府♥间 气候变化专门委员会报告说
In 2020, the IPCC reported that,
为了避免气候变化带来的最严重破坏
to avoid the worst ravages of climate change,
到2050年需要达到碳中和
carbon-neutral needed to be reached by 2050.
世界未能达到这一目标
The world failed to meet that goal
以及下一个目标和之后的目标
and the next goal and the one after that as well.
结果 我们看到的正是 科学所警告我们的情况
As a result, we have seen exactly what the science warned us against.
但如今 阿尔法大气干预部门 宣布推出“纽科门”
But today, Alpha Atmospheric Interventions announces "Newcomen,"
第一个可扩展的设备 能从你周围的空气中去除二氧化碳
the first scalable device that removes carbon dioxide from the air around you
并将其转化为安全和有用的副产品
and transforms it into safe and useful by-products.
今天 我们开始一个新的征程
Today, we begin a new journey.
它让我们建立一种气候
One that allows us to create a climate
为我们的地球、人♥民♥ 和企业提供最好的条件
that provides what is best for our planet, its people and our businesses.
一个孩子们可以在野花中漫步的星球...
A planet where children can walk among wildflowers...
而不是仅仅画出它们
instead of merely drawing them.
准备好了吗?
So, ready?
什么?
For?
算是甜点吧
Dessert, I suppose.
我想介绍一些人给你
I would like to introduce you to some people.
谁?
Who?
几个朋友 害羞的朋友
Friends. Shy friends.
所以我需要你先把这个戴上
So I'll need you to put this on first.
我不明白
I don't understand.
拜托
Please.
不可能是417 行不通的
It can't be 417. That's not gonna work.
先生们 我们必须达成一个协议
Gentlemen, we have to reach an agreement.
这样是不行的 它不可能是510
It's not gonna work that way. It can't be 510.
350 我听到了350吗?
350. Did I hear 350?
-不可能是350 - 480
- It can't be 350. - 480.
480太高了
480's too high.
- 550 - 550高得离谱
- 550. - 550 is way too high.
470是个好数字
470 is a good number!
你明白我们一直在讨论什么吗?
Do you understand what we've been discussing?
是的 我想我明白
Yes. I believe I do.
你明白我们所达成的协议吗?
And do you understand the agreement we've reached?
我猜是纽科门 递减减排
Newcomen, I assume. The drawdown.
精彩 我告诉过你们她聪颖过人
Bravo. I told you she was brilliant.
那么我们达成一致的数字呢?
And the agreed-upon number?
470百万分比浓度
470 parts per million.
这比我想象的高 我想看看科学计算
It's higher than I would've thought. I'd like to see the science.
亲爱的玛莎 忠诚
Loyalty, dear Martha.
你不想走乔纳森的老路
You don't want to go down the same path as Jonathan.
我想你会发现470 是一个非常有价值的数字
I think you'll find 470 a very rewarding number.
我们还没完
We're not done yet.
现在我们将接受受邀嘉宾和媒体的提问
We'll now take questions from both our invited guests and the press.
帕尔默先生 我们从你开始吧
Let's start with you, Mr. Palmer.
可以肯定的是 这是世界上伟大的一天
It's a great day for the world, to be sure.
我在想 玛莎和比尔顿先生是否讨论过
I'm wondering if Martha and Mr. Bilton have discussed
递减减排的目标数字
a target number for the drawdown.
好问题
Great question.
比尔顿先生已经被扣留在海牙 所以有...
Mr. Bilton has been sequestered in the Hague, so there are...
外面听起来像在开派对
Sounds like a party out there.
我想知道 他们会有什么感觉
I wonder how these people would feel
如果这些人知道聚会 本可以在几年前就开始的 嗯?
if they knew that this party could have started years ago, eh?
比尔顿和银行用他们的财富换来了什么?
That Bilton and the banks traded their wealth for what?
剧集 | 外推(2023) | 导航列表