剧集 | 外推(2023) | 导航列表
Nobody ever went broke betting on humanity's misguided optimism.
我听说它在狗身上起作用
I heard it worked in a dog.
再来点香槟
More champagne.
-我觉得还挺酷的 -是啊
- I think it's kinda cool. - Yeah.
云听上去比你们 这一代人所说的现实更有趣
The cloud sounds more interesting than what your generation calls reality.
好吧 我被说服了 我们要带什么?
Okay, I'm sold. What do we bring?
在云上一个人该怎么穿?
How does one dress for the cloud?
有客房♥服务吗?风景怎么样?
Is there room service? How's the view?
拜托 它不是酒店 是个储存库
Come on. It's not a hotel, it's a storage.
他们只是让你睡着了
They just put you to sleep.
那么我希望睡得非常深
Well, then I hope it's a very deep sleep,
当我醒来时 我想有一个 22岁的身体 体脂2.5%
and when I wake up, I wanna be in a 22-year-old body with 2.5% body fat.
你现在就挺好
You are fine as you are.
对 随你怎么开玩笑
Yeah. Joke all you want.
我 就这一次 很想在一个 更好的世界里神奇地醒来
I, for once, would love to wake up, magically, in a better world.
你凭什么认为世界会变得更好?
What makes you think the world's going to get better?
我是说 很明显 每个人都在做出牺牲
I mean, obviously, the sacrifice that everyone's making.
定额配给 所有一切...
The rations, everything--
人类历史是一个又一个可怕灾难的故事
Human history is the story of one terrible catastrophe after another.
绝大多数是由我们自己 无可救药的自私自利所造成
Most created by our own hopelessly incorrigible selfishness.
传送到未来的问题是 无论我们去哪里
Well, the problem with beaming into the future is that wherever we go,
我们都离不开人类
we'll have to take us with us.
你会去吗?
Would you go?
技术人员明天一早就来
The technicians arrive in the morning, first thing.
亲爱的 我们最好收拾好了
Oh, dear! We'd better get packed.
伙计们 你们地球上的最后一夜 我很荣幸能在这里
I'm honored to be here for your last night on Earth, guys.
我们该怎么庆祝?
How do we celebrate?
我们正在庆祝
We are celebrating.
事实上 也许这正是今晚的主题
In fact, perhaps that's exactly what this is tonight.
一个告别派对
A going-away party.
看到没?我可以很喜庆
You see? I can be festive.
老头 我们不会被欺骗
We're not falling for it, old man.
除非你突然身价万亿 即使如此
Unless you're suddenly worth in the trillions, and even then,
你也排不上名单上
you can't get on a list.
是的
Yeah.
15年前 我投资了一家小型科技公♥司♥
Fifteen years ago, I invested in a small tech company.
在马林的最后一家 之后它们都破产了
The last one up in Marin before they all went bust.
生命暂停
LifePause.
但是...
But--
奥吉 但你所有的投资都没成功过
But nothing you've ever invested in has ever worked out, Auggie.
这个成功了
This did.
阿尔法 播放生命暂停
Alpha, play LifePause.
(生命暂停)
生命暂停
LifePause
认识一下巴斯特 世界上第一个完全上传的生命体
Meet Buster, the world's first fully-uploaded being.
就在几个月前 巴斯特患上了关节炎
Just months ago, Buster was suffering from arthritis,
肥胖症、抑郁症和气候疲劳症
obesity, depression, and climate fatigue.
利用我们突破性的神经图谱技术
Using our groundbreaking neuromapping technology,
科学家们能够绘制出巴斯特的整个意识图
scientists were able to map Buster's entire consciousness
并为你带来好处
and bring the benefits to you.
长♥期♥以来 我们认为意识存在于大脑中
For a long time, we thought consciousness lived in the brain.
现在我们知道 活着是一种全身性的体验
Now we know being alive is a full-body experience.
我们独有的纳米技术 描绘了每个神经元 它们来自肠道
Our exclusive nanotechnology maps every neuron of the gut,
心脏、生殖系统、甚至声带
the heart, the reproductive system, even the vocal cords
通过一种称为纳米切片的独特手术
through a unique procedure called nanoslicing
使其达到以前无法想象的细节水平
to achieve a level of detail heretofore unimaginable.
在一个意识被编码后
After a consciousness is encoded,
它可以被上传 在无意识状态下存储
it can be uploaded, stored in unconscious state,
甚至可以无限次地复♥制♥
even replicated infinite times,
并可以任何时候 在你选择的身体中重新激活
and reactivated at any point in a pristine physical vessel of your choice.
一旦这种技术得到广泛使用
Once this technology becomes widely available,
任何关心我们星球的人都会数字化
anyone who cares about our planet will digitize.
这是完全消除你的碳消耗
It's the only way to completely erase your carbon consumption
并充分体验我们恢复后的 生态系统神奇之处的唯一方法
and experience the full wonders of our restored ecosystems
在你醒来之后
when you wake up.
欢迎来到“同样的你 更美好的世界”
Welcome to the "Same you, better world."
生命暂停 明天见
LifePause See you tomorrow
停 停下这疯狂行为
Stop! Stop this insanity.
-生命暂停 -够了 拜托
- LifePause - Enough is enough. Please.
-明天见 -阿尔法 关闭
- See you tomorrow - Alpha, turn off.
奥吉 真的吗?开始它还好笑 但是你做得太过了
Really, Auggie? It was funny at first, but you've taken it too far.
我告诉过你 这不是个笑话
I told you, this is not a joke.
我们会在一瞬间放弃 我们的整个生活的想法
The idea that we would give up our entire lives at the drop of a hat
并走向未知的地方?
and beam into the unknown?
-我知道你不会去 -我不会 你说对了
- Well, I knew you wouldn't go. - I wouldn't. You're right.
所以没有你我也要去
That's why I'm going without you.
对 等等 什么?
Right. Wait, what?
只有一张票 而投资者有一个抽奖机会
There's only one ticket. And there was a lottery for the investors.
我没带其他人
I didn't have a plus-one.
抱歉 我以为这是不言而喻的事
I'm sorry. I thought it was obvious.
-所以你... -我...
- So you're-- - I'm--
是的 我要去...我要独自去
Yeah, I'm going-- I'm gonna go alone.
酒 我觉得我需要更多的酒
Drinks. I think I need more to drink.
请问我们可以再来点香槟吗?
Can we get more champagne out here, please?
不 更烈一些的 柜子底层
No, something stronger. Bottom cabinet.
更烈一些的 柜子底层
Something stronger! Bottom cabinet!
你说你要离开我去...
You're saying you want to leave me for--
找狗还有风帆冲浪?
for-- for dogs and windsurfing?
不是
No.
我也来一杯 谢谢
I'll take one too.
我也来一杯 谢谢
Me three. Thanks.
我想我们应该让你们两个单独谈
I think we should let you two talk.
对 我们应该离开 谢谢你这么...
Yes, we should just leave. Thank you so--
不 请别走
No, don't go. Please.
现在该吃饭了
It's time to eat.
-西尔维 我想我们应该谈谈 -不
- Sylvie, I think we should talk. - No.
奥吉 我为我们的新年前夜 准备了这顿晚餐
Auggie, I put this dinner together for us for New Year's Eve.
你要好好享受
You're going to enjoy it.
谁知道呢?它可能是你最后一顿
Who knows? It may be your last.
鹅肝 来自帕罗奥图的克隆鹅
Foie gras. From cloned geese in Palo Alto.
或许你不太熟悉
Perhaps you are not familiar.
它是什么?
What is it?
-是肝 -可能最好就是品味它
- It's liver. - Probably best just to enjoy it.
农民通过将粮食管子塞进 公鸭的喉咙来强制喂养公鸭
Farmers force-feed male ducks by ramming pipes of grain down their throats.
它们的肝脏会膨胀到正常大小的十倍
The birds' livers swell to ten times their normal size.
它们被关在笼子里 身上沾满了屎
They're kept in cages covered in shit.
有的被自己的呕吐物呛死了
Some of them choke to death on their own puke
或撕掉它们的羽毛、互相攻击
or tear out their feathers and attack one another.
雌性小鹅可免于此劫
Female ducklings are spared that.
相反 它们在还活着的时候被扔进
Instead, they're tossed, still alive,
绞肉机里变成猫食
into grinders and ground into cat food.
用餐愉快
Bon appétit.
哇
Wow.
这真是太没人性了
Wow. That's so inhumane.
为什么要想它呢?
Why think about it?
有趣的是我们把残忍♥称为不人道
Funny how we call cruelty inhumane,
但实际上 还有什么比残忍♥更加像人类?
but really, what's more human than cruelty?
奥吉 对吧?
Right, Auggie?
但是雌性变成了猫食
But females turned into cat food.
-我是说 这就... -艾露迪 乐观点
- I mean, that's-- - Buck up, Elodie.
女性被扔到一边算不上令人震惊吧
It's hardly a shock to see a female tossed aside.
你还年轻 但有朝一日 你会发现这是什么感觉
You're young, but someday you'll find out what it feels like.
好吧 我们不要...
Okay, let's not--
西尔维 你只是不理解
Sylvie, you just don't understand.
我没有把你扔在一边 这其实和你没关系
I'm not tossing you aside. This is actually not about you.
我真傻
Silly me.
我丈夫宁可接受纳米切片手术 也不愿和我多待一天
My husband would rather be nanosliced than spend one more day in my presence,
而我误以为和我有关
and I mistakenly gather it's about me.
我觉得他想说的是...
Well, I think what he's trying to say is--
我怀念日落
I miss sunsets.
我想感受下雨
I wanna feel rain.
剧集 | 外推(2023) | 导航列表