剧集 | 外推(2023) | 导航列表
They're trying to figure out a way to publicly condemn me,
想找方法公开谴责我,私底下感激我
privately thank me, just like the rest of them.
阿尔法、石油公♥司♥
Alpha. The oil companies.
还有一个小时就到
You're an hour out.
从上面看太漂亮了
It all looks so beautiful from up here.
你不会知道我们把地球摧残到甚麽地步
You'd never know how badly we fucked it up.
(下午2点52分28秒)
总统女士,我知道你清楚现况
[exhales shakily] Um, Madam President,
I-- I know you're very well-informed on all of this,
所以为了所有人着想...
so... ...for the benefit of everyone...
我认为应该要把气候变化视为巨熊
I think it helps to look at climate change like a bear.
几十年来,全球一直在擂台上与巨熊搏斗
And the whole planet's been in the ring wrestling with the bear for decades now.
目前为止,巨熊把我们打得很惨
And so far, the bear's been kicking our ass.
地球工程学就如一头雄狮
Geoengineering is like taking a lion
把牠放进擂台,共同对抗巨熊
and deciding to put it in the ring to help you fight the bear.
确实有助改变现况
It's certainly gonna change things,
但也不能保证你会胜利而回
but not necessarily guarantee that you're gonna win.
若她贯彻始终,会发生甚麽事?
If she does what she's threatening, what are we looking at?
降雨模式改变导致农作物减产并带来洪水
Changes in rainfall patterns that lead to crop failures and floods.
极端的天气会导致动物大规模迁徙
Uh, extreme weather events leading to mass migrations,
社会动盪,基建压力大增
social unrest, stress on infrastructure.
我们熟知的美好事物
All the wonderful things that we're so familiar with,
都会处于前所未见及不可预计的地步
except now in new and totally unpredictable places.
因此,CIT2,我们应该把它视为恐怖袭击
Hence, CIT 2. I think we need to call this what it is. It's terrorism.
我和其他领袖谈过,奥利华、梁和域塔
I spoke to other leaders. Oliveira, Liang, Richter.
他们都支持CIT 认为我们有责任承担法律风险
They all stand by CIT and feel that the legal exposure here is ours.
点解?
How's that?
新空是特拉华州的公♥司♥,现址在新墨州
New Sky is a Delaware corporation based in New Mexico.
外界会把这种违反条约行为
The rest of the world sees a violation
视为单方而的激进行为
of the treaty as an act of unilateral aggression.
你了解她,你认为她会做得出吗?
Uh, you know her. You think she'd actually do it?
我不会质疑她的决心
I wouldn't doubt her resolve for one minute.
她的...模型已经研究多年
I mean, she-- she's worked these models for years.
你看过她的课堂,还主持过,总统女士
You've seen her lectures. You've hosted one, Madam President.
但她做得出吗?
But can she?
她开♥发♥社交网络不是要赚钱
She didn't start a social network to get rich.
她...是这个世代最聪慧的化学工程师
She's-- She's one of the most talented chemical engineers of our generation.
她...对世界贡献良多,错也寥寥可数
She-- She-- She gets a lot more right than she gets wrong.
她一定会贯彻始终
I would not bet on her failure.
我们的政策不会为那些亿万富翁改变
We don't hand over policy to individual billionaires,
即使能预知未来也不会有变
even ones that are good at guessing.
恕我直言,你这样说不太对
With all due respect, I'm not sure that's historically accurate.
但姬塔的成功向来都是先斩后奏
But Gita's success has never rested on waiting for permission.
但为何要引爆火山? 地球工程学不是一次性的
But why this? Geoengineering, it's-it's not a one-time event.
你要每隔几年做一次
You'd need to... ...do it every few years.
她应该是想引起社会关注
You know, I think she just wants to change the conversation.
若然成功,大家就会跟随她的脚步
She thinks when it works, people will start to follow her lead.
但...那不是问题的关键
But-- But that's-- that's not the core of the problem.
若然成功
I-If it works,
所有石油、汽油、煤炭 及其他对环境有害的产业
all the oil and gas and coal and other dirty, polluting industries,
将会登门拜访
they're gonna be knocking on your door asking
请求你让他们继续排放二氧化碳
for permission to continue the carbon party.
所以...我才会在这里 而不是跟她一起在半空
That's-- That is why I'm here with you and not up there with her.
她联络我们了 - 好
She's made contact. - [official] Okay.
我们成功建立通讯,她想谈谈
We managed to establish communications. She wants to talk.
米夏女士
Ms. Mishra.
总统女士
Madam President.
我们上次见面是在达沃斯
The last time I saw you was at Davos.
抱歉要在这种情况下交谈
I apologize for the circumstances.
我希望情况会有所改善
Well, I'd like to see those circumstances change.
我希望可以说服你
I was wondering if I could convince you
回来这里和平协商
to come back here and-- and talk things over.
我每次和你倾谈都能学到新知识
I learn something new every time I'm with you.
彼此彼此,总统女士
And so do I, Madam President.
我了解到即使是像你这样 极具天分和权势的人
I learn that even very talented and powerful people, like yourself,
也会被烂鬼体制缚手缚脚
can be confined by broken systems that limit them.
过奖了
Oh, I appreciate that,
但CIT2是烂鬼体制下的决定
but CIT 2 is the decision our broken system came to,
若你一意孤行 这个体制只会显得更加无用
and it would be an even more broken system if you take unilateral action.
我故乡有一千万人口
There are ten million people from my homeland
被困于北部资源战争之中 南部及东部又处于乾旱
trapped between a resource war to the north and droughts to the south and east,
每个国家、每片大♥陆♥... - 拜託
and tens of millions more... - Oh, come on.
每天都有数以千万计的人
...in every country and every continent
死于酷热之下 - 这和科学一点关係都没有
dying in the heat every day. - This has nothing to do with the science.
无辜的平民
And the very people who have done the least
没有构成灾害却要因此而死
to cause this catastrophe are perishing because of it.
我敢说你们是坐在冷气房♥里
I'm assuming that all of you are sitting in an air-conditioned room
和我讨论他们的命运 - 我只是一个国家的总统
discussing their fate with me right now. - I'm only the president of one country.
因此我希望你能够和平着陆,再慢慢商议
And that is why I would like you to land safely, so that we can discuss this.
我不能向你保证中国、法国
I cannot promise you that the Chinese, or the French,
或以色列会提供同样的选择
or the Israelis are gonna offer you the same option.
他们清楚知道你的位置
And they are aware of your location.
其实只需要两百万吨♥
You know, all-- all it takes is two million tons
碳酸钙散佈到大气层就可以把地球冷却
of calcium carbonate dispersed into the atmosphere to begin to cool the planet.
有几多细路会因为空气污染严重化而死?
And how many children might die because of the additional air pollution?
国务卿女士,我没办法回答
Madam Secretary, I can't answer that,
但绝对比现在死在非洲的人少
but far fewer than are currently dying in Africa,
还有印尼,甚至德州
in Indonesia, in Texas even.
总会有更好的方法,米夏女士 你没可能看不出来的
There are better ways, Ms. Mishra. Even you must see that.
是,当然有
Yeah, of course, there are.
若本世纪的有钱佬能够专注研究方桉
You know, and if the billionaires this century gave birth to had focused on them
而不是以往太空发射火箭来展示男子气概
instead of proving their manhood by shooting rockets into space,
我就不会走到这一步了 - 继续聊
I would not be here now. - Keep her talking.
拖到她的货机无油,她就会放弃
...then her plan no longer works, and she'll call it off.
姬塔,我知道...
Gita, I know that there's--
我们可以商议出对策的
there's a way that we can work together on this.
我们有同样的目标
Uh, we have the same goal.
不如我...重新召开G22会议?
What if I-- What if I try to reconvene the G22,
我们跟你见面,再尝试找出妥协的方桉?
and we meet with you and-and try to see if we can find some middle ground?
会议早就过去了,总统女士
I think you already had that meeting, Madam President.
我们有解决问题的技术
Look, we have the technology to solve a problem.
但我们要否使用它
Are we going to use it,
抑或坐视不理,等待问题把我们解决?
or just sit by while the problem solves us?
姬塔,如果造成问题的人是我们呢?
But what-what if it's us that's the problem, Gita?
那是人类...一手一脚造成
What-- It's-- It's human behavior.
那是...我们日常的行为、饮食及建筑造成
It's-- It's how we move ourselves around and how we eat and how we build.
由我们使用化石燃料开始,250年来
We've-- We've treated this planet like an all-you-can-eat buffet for 250 years
一直把地球视为自助餐般蹂躏
since we started burning fossil fuels.
改变大气层的化学成分也无补于事的
And changing the chemical composition of the atmosphere is not going to fix it.
庄拿芬,终于开声
Jonathan, there you are.
总统女士,庄拿芬应该跟你说了 巨熊和雄狮的故事吧
Madam President, I'm sure Jonathan has told you about the bear and the lion.
他...可能还告诉你
And-- And maybe he's told you
我这是一个鲁莽的科学实验
that what I'm doing is a reckless experiment
而且只能做一次,但... - 对,因为它不能再现
that can only be done once, but-- - That's right, because it is.
好,听好,你... - 但是...
Okay, look, you-- you-- - But--
你不知道这对地球会有甚麽影响
you don't know what's gonna happen.
即使你成功了,臭氧层会怎麽样?
Even if you get it right, what-- what'll happen to the ozone layer?
你不知道
You don't know.
对海洋会有甚麽影响?你不知道
What-What'll happen to the oceans? You don't know.
你口口声声说要拯救的...二十亿人呢?
What, the two billion people you say y-you're-- you're trying to save.
你这是把气候剧变直接投放到世界上
You're about to drop another climate volatility event right on their heads.
这有甚麽帮助?
How doe-- How does that help?
人类文明才是一直进行中的鲁莽实验
But the real reckless experiment is the one civilization has been running.
往大气层添加二氧化碳,往海洋添加塑胶
You know, adding carbon to the atmosphere, adding plastic to the ocean.
灭绝生态系统中的物种
Removing species from ecosystems.
但没有人是刻意想要改变气候
Nobody was trying to change the climate.
我们甚至没想过自己有这样的能耐
We-- We didn't even think that we had that capacity.
我们以前懵然不知,但现在知错了
We-- We didn't know better, but we do now.
但人类的行为不会就此改变
And yet, human behavior doesn't change.
改变天空比改变人心来得容易,庄
The sky is easier to reengineer than the human brain, Jon.
没错
Exactly.
若你告诉那些原始人,地球暖化缓和了
剧集 | 外推(2023) | 导航列表