剧集 | 秃鹰 | 导航列表
我在研究生最后一年被招进了中情局
I was recruited into the CIA during my last year at graduate school.
早上好
Good morning.
我们得出发了
We have to get on the road.
好吧 好吧 我们还有多少时间
Okay, okay, how much time do we have?
我们有很多很多时间
We have lots and lots and lots of time.
你这么说是因为我们真的有很多时间
Are you saying that because we actually have lots and lots and lots of time?
还是因为你想嘿♥咻♥一下
Or 'cause you wanna get laid?
我们会没事的
Mmm. We'll be fine.
是吗
Yeah?
你没有回答我的问题
You're not answering my question.
我不记得问题是什么了
I do not remember the question.
我是认真的
I'm serious.
我不想留下不好的第一印象 好吗
I don't wanna make a bad first impression, okay?
嘿
Hey.
不可能的
It's impossible.
他们肯定会很喜欢你的
They're gonna love you.
所有人都喜欢你
Everybody loves you.
我们正忙着呢 凯莱布
We're kind of in the middle of something, Caleb.
反正也不是工作 我得去准备一下
Eh, it wasn't working anyway. I have to get ready.
准备什么
Ready for what?
我们之前谈过偷听的问题了 凯莱布
We've spoken about eavesdropping, Caleb.
偷听是美国人的一大消遣
Eavesdropping is the great American pastime.
- 你们觉得这件怎么样 - 我不是那种同志
- What do you think? - Not that kind of gay.
在这个我们叫做存在的脸书狂潮里
Listening to people when they don't know you're listening
唯一一个真正了解别人的方法就是
is the only way you can really know who anyone is
在他们不知道的情况下偷听他们说话
in the Facebook-fucked frenzy we call existence.
你知道吧 这个句子只是押上韵了
You know, just 'cause the sentence has a certain alliterative quality,
但并不意味着它是对的 你知道的 对吧
doesn't make it true, you know that, right?
- 错 就是这样 - 那这件呢
-Yes, it does. - How about this one?
- 我才不要沦为刻板印象 - 穿那个花纹的吧
- I will not be reduced to a stereotype. - The floral print.
现在的人们就像鸟宝宝一样
People today are like little baby birds,
以那些碎片的被简化的消息为食
being fed tiny predigested bits of information.
那些最容易被人们接受的是听起来最酷的
And the stuff that goes down easiest is whatever sounds best,
比如说恐♥怖♥分♥子♥想杀了我们因为他们讨厌我们的自♥由♥
like the terrorists wanting us dead because they hate our freedoms.
我需要去洗个澡
I gotta have a shower.
- 你要我和你一起吗 - 你打算去哪儿吗
-You want some company? -Are you going somewhere?
你为什么这么想
What gave you that idea?
不 不 我需要你们两个今天都呆在这儿 我们要黑进学校的服务器里
No, no, I need you two here today. We're hacking the school's server
然后公布出来全体教员的工资单 我已经拿到了班农所有账户的密♥码♥
and releasing the faculty payroll. I got all of Bannon's passwords.
今天是感恩节啊 迦勒
It's Thanksgiving, Caleb.
所以我们就不能黑进学校的服务器了吗
So, we can't hack the university server
然后揭露性别歧视和种族歧视的薪酬差异吗
and expose gender and race-based pay gaps,
因为你们要庆祝多年前的今天 一群施虐狂的欧洲人来到美国
'cause you guys are celebrating the time a bunch of sadistic Europeans came to America,
掠夺并且杀害了在这里生活了好几个世纪的
took advantage of and murdered the gentle indigenous peoples
温和的土著民族吗
that had been living here for centuries,
然后他们说 快看我们发现了什么
and then were like, "Look what we discovered"?
等下 那这不就应该是哥伦布日了吗
Wait, isn't that more Columbus Day?
耶利米书29:11 我知道我为你们所作的计划 耶♥和♥华♥说
Jeremiah 29:11,"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord,
是为福 不是为恶 给你们一个前途 一个希望
"plans for welfare and not for evil, to give youa future and a hope."
为什么每一次你开长途的时候
Why is it whenever you drive long distance,
在收音机上就只能找到关于上帝的内容呢
God is the only thing you can ever find on the radio?
那只是另一种说上帝已经为你做好了计划的方式
That's just another way of talking about finding God's plan for you.
上帝已经为我做好了计划
God has a plan for me.
- 是吗 - 是的
- Oh, yeah? -Yeah.
我希望他的计划不要影响到我为你做的计划
I hope it doesn't interfere with my plan for you.
你对我还有计划呢
You have a plan for me?
- 你想让我对你有计划吗 - 我先问的
-Do you want me to have a plan for you? -I asked you first.
那只是白日梦而已
It's just a fantasy, that's all.
那么告诉我你的白日梦吧
So, tell me your fantasy.
我们会搬到伯克利的房♥子里
We'd move into the house in Berkeley,
如果想的话 去做老师
take teaching jobs, if we wanted to.
你可以用我爸爸的旧办公室
You could use my dad's old office to work on
来研究你那些可以改变世界的好主意
whatever brilliant idea you're gonna change the world with.
- 真的吗 - 我以前的房♥间可以给宝宝用
-Yeah? -And my old room will be for the baby.
我喜欢你的计划
I like your plan.
- 是啊 - 你知道 我 我爸爸
-Yes. -You know, my, uh, my dad
觉得他可以改变世界并且养家糊口
thought he could change the world and raise a family.
他当时和我现在差不多大 但他什么也没改变
And he didn't live to be much older than I am right now, and he didn't change anything.
- 你和你父亲不一样 乔 - 不 我知道 只是
-You're not your father, Joe. -No, I, I know. Just...
你从没谈过他
You never talk about him.
他的名字是埃德蒙 对吧
His name is Edmond, right?
是的 是的 人们叫他内德
Uh, yeah, yeah. People called him "Ned."
他和你妈妈是怎么遇见的
How did he and your mom meet?
他是数学教授 我妈妈是他的一个学生
Oh, he, he was a mathematics professor and my mom was one of the students.
- 什么 - 是的
-What? -Uh, yeah.
所以 我是个意外 然后他们就结婚了
So, I was unplanned. They got married.
然后呢 在我出生之前 他得到了一份工作
And then, just before I was born, he was offered a job to be the president
做贝鲁特的美国大学校长
of the American University in Beirut.
- 你在贝鲁特长大呀 - 我出生在那儿
- You lived in Beirut? - I was born there.
好的
Okay.
我爸爸认为美国人破坏了中东和平
My dad believed that America had fractured the Middle East.
所以美国人有责任去那里
And that Americans had a duty
你懂的 去解决问题
to be there, to, you know, to, to fix it.
他在教室里被枪杀了
He was shot in his classroom.
- 他们从没抓到过凶手 - 为什么他会被杀
-They never caught anyone. -Why was he killed?
他是 他们那时可以找到的
He was, uh, he was the most prominent American target
最突出的美国人目标
that they could get ahold of at the time.
你知道 我 我和我妈妈在他死时
You know, I... Me and my mom were living in the States
住在美国
when he died.
我就没机会了解他 我就是通过照片和
I didn't really get to know him, he's just an idea that I have
妈妈还有鲍勃告诉我的关于他的事情来了解他的
from photos and various things my mom and Bob told me about him.
鲍勃也是个教授吗
Was Bob also a professor?
鲍勃吗 不 不 不不不 他太疯狂了
Bob? No, no, no, no, no. He's crazy.
他 他是外交官 在中东各地的各个大使♥馆♥
He... He was a diplomat who spent his career in various embassies
度过他的职业生涯
throughout the Middle East, uh...
我猜 他和我爸爸总在相同的地方 所以他们就混熟了
And I guess, he and my dad traveled in similar circles, they became close,
然后鲍勃娶了我爸爸的妹妹 莉莉姑姑
and then Bob married my dad's sister, Aunt Lily.
所以
So...
你从没和我说过你姑父非常有钱
You never told me your uncle was rich.
有个东西是我一直想要给你的
There's something I've been meaning to give you.
你为什么会有把旧手♥枪♥ 鲍勃姑父
Why do you have an old handgun. Uncle Bob?
我从1973年开始就在为中情局工作
I've worked for the CIA since 1973.
你是认真的
You're serious.
那你为什么要现在告诉我
So, why are you telling me now?
你想招募我进去吗
You're trying to recruit me?
不是吧
No.
不是吧
No.
为什么呀
Why?
我反对中情局所代表的一切
I am against everything the CIA has ever stood for.
那是因为你还年轻
That's because you're young.
而且你还是相信
And you still believe that
光用想法就可以改变世界
the world can be changed by ideas alone.
但像你女朋友那样的人
But people like your girlfriend,
她搞那些小破坏
with her little acts of disruption,
他们不能理解的是
what they don't understand
没有真正的权利 你根本没办法给这世界添乱
is that without real power, you cannot make a dent in this world.
你是在监视贾尼斯吗
Have you been spying on Janice?
不需要我动手
I didn't need to.
联邦调查局已经在做了
FBI was already doing that.
妈的 鲍勃
What the fuck, Bob?
你知道 我们现在面对的
You know, the biggest single threat
唯一的最大的威胁是
we face as a country today...
一个监视着市民的
Uh, an intelligence apparatus
智能仪器
that, uh, spies on some citizens
不受任何人监督 在世界各地挑起秘密战争吗
that has no surveillian oversight, that wages secret wars all around the world?
不是 是最近几代人里最聪明的
No, it's that the best minds of the last few generations
都去了华尔街和硅谷
have sold out to Wall Street and Silicon Valley.
剩下的留下来打这场秘密战争的
And a lot of other people left to fight the secret wars which,
相信我 这场战争势在必行
believe me, needs to be fought,
都是些平庸之才 或者是疯子 或者两者都是
are mediocrities, psychopaths, or some combination of the two.
剧集 | 秃鹰 | 导航列表