剧集 | 都铎王朝(2007) | 导航列表
也许你没想到
Perhaps the king's Majesty...
国王陛下更倾向于改革者
...is more inclined towards the Reformers than you know.
我不这么看
I don't think so.
显然我比你更了解他
I know him better than you do, Excellence.
他最深的本能传统而坚实
His deepest instincts are traditional and faithful.
他也许会放言与罗马断交
He may threaten to break with Rome...
但我不认为他会那么做
...but I don't think he will ever do so.
希望你是对的
I hope you are right.
否则后果将无法想象
The consequences would be unthinkable.
事态正如您期望的发展 大人
Everything seems to move in your favour, Your Grace.
我有个坏消息
I have bad news.
我听说国王送给
I happen to know that the king...
沃尔西一尊他的玉石雕像
...has sent Wolsey an intaglio portrait of himself.
那又怎么样?
So?
这通常是示好的表现
So it is traditionally a sign of goodwill.
也许这预示着他们将重修旧好
It may presage a reconciliation.
国王的小礼物只是为了 让自己良心得到安慰
A small gift to ease the king's conscience is hardly a sign...
并不代表失宠的主教还能恢复名望
...that the bishop of York will be restored to his former glory.
换个角度想
Think of it this way.
从天堂坠落的圣人 有人邀请他回去么
When Satan fell from heaven, was he ever invited back?
你就是啊
You were.
怀亚特先生 听说您接受了克伦威尔先生的庇护
I see that you have accepted patronage from Mr. Cromwell, Mr. Wyatt.
世界真透明啊
How very transparent the world is.
塔利斯 我这么做有错么?
But was I wrong to do so, Tallis?
是的 我觉得有 你应该靠你自己
I think so. Yeah. You should be your own man.
别傻了 塔利斯 在这个坠落的世界
Don't be a fool, Tallis. You won't survive long in this slippery world...
没有靠山的人是站不住的
...without the support of a great man.
你觉得克伦威尔能作靠山?
You think Mr. Cromwell is a great man?
不 我感觉他未来大有前途 记住我说的
No, I think he's a coming man. Mark my words.
直跟你说了吧 我的确上了她
For what it's worth, I did fuck her.
托马斯 怎么了?
What is it, Thomas?
我收到了回信
I have had a reply to my letter.
博林夫人寄来的?
From Mistress Boleyn?
她怎么说?
What did she say?
她不想在国王那替我说话
That she will not speak to the king on my behalf.
我们的希望破灭了
Then our hopes are over.
不
No. No, no.
我想给一个更有权利的女士写封信
I have resolved to write to another lady...
一个比那个可恶的娼妓更为尊贵
...who is far greater, far greater than that mischievous whore.
更有可能发发慈悲的人
And far more likely to be kind.
夫人 国王来了
Madam, the king is here.
来 请坐
Please. Be seated.
陛下
Majesty.
我听说您身体欠佳 于是过来探望
I came because I heard you were unwell.
医生给你放点血也是必要的
And that it was necessary for the physician to have bled you.
你现在感觉怎么样?
- How are you feeling now? - I am very well.
我很好 感谢陛下的关心
Your Majesty is kind to show concern.
我们的女儿怎么样了?
How is our daughter?
她用漂亮的拉丁文给我写信说 她每天都在练习三拍舞了
She writes to me in perfect Latin and tells me she dances the galliards...
弹得一手好琵琶 让人们都欢愉满足
...and can play the lute much to everyone's satisfaction and joy.
你应当引以为傲 我的确为她骄傲
- You should be proud of her. - I am proud of her.
你应该请她入宫
You ought to invite her to court.
可以看她唱歌♥娱乐
You could watch her dancing and playing.
会让你很高兴的 凯瑟琳
- It might please you. - Catherine, I...
我听说你派了几个代表出国
I hear that several of your agents...
去研究离婚的神学主张了
...have been sent abroad to canvass theological opinion about the divorce.
你能找出一个支持你的学者
For every scholar that votes for you...
我就能找出1000个支持我的
...I could find a thousand who would vote for me.
大人们...
My lords...
每天我都被强迫看这些表示不满
...every day I'm forced to read new reports of dissatisfaction...
说我的国家混乱低效的报告
...confusion and delays throughout my kingdom.
我们国库空虚
My exchequer is empty...
正在以高价利息从外借款
...and we are borrowing money at a biting rate.
你们是议会的大臣
Your Graces are presidents of this council...
这个问题我从没听过你们的建议
...and yet I hear nothing from you on these matters.
其他问题也一样
Nor any other matter.
陛下 您必须宽恕我们 是的 我知道我必须原谅你 我一直在宽恕你
- Your Majesty must forgive me... - Yes, I know. I must always forgive you.
但我已经厌倦了宽恕你
But I grow tired of forgiving you!
我给了你一切 甚至自称王子的权力
I have given you everything, including the right to call yourself prince!
我得到什么回报了呢?
And what do I get in return?
以前我认为主教爱慕虚荣 自私贪婪
I used to think the cardinal vain, self-serving and greedy...
就像你们跟我说的
...just as you told me.
现在我体会到了他肩负的重担... 毫无怨言
But now I understand the burden he carried, uncomplainingly.
陛下也不能忘了他监守自盗
Your Majesty should not forget that he also stole from you...
他对法国的效忠甚至
...and he served the interests of the French...
多于英国
...even above those of England.
你是这么想的么 托马斯?
Is that what you think, Thomas?
的确主教虚荣至极
It is certainly true that the cardinal was vainglorious beyond measure.
这极度的腐化了他
It did him tremendous harm...
使他滥用上帝赐予他的天赋
...and made him abuse the considerable gifts God gave him.
可是他在治理国家方面
And yet he is a better man than any of you...
比你们都强
...for managing this kingdom's matters.
我会跟他谈谈 是 你必须要跟他谈
- I will talk to him. - Yes, you must.
陛下 查普大使参见
Ambassador Chapuys, Your Majesty.
大使
Ambassador.
我这有给您的一封信 罗马皇帝给我的?
- I have a letter for Your Majesty. - From the emperor?
不 沃尔西主教给您的
No. From Cardinal Wolsey.
太...太奇怪了 他说什么?
This is so strange. Do you know what it says?
主教希望您和他 包括罗马和罗马皇帝之间
The cardinal is offering to create a rapprochement...
能够重新和解
...between you and he, the emperor, and Rome.
罗马教皇布告的到达 就是政♥变♥的信♥号♥♥
The coup would be signalled by the arrival of a papal edict...
迫使亨利放弃安妮博林 回复他的婚姻
...ordering Henry to leave Anne Boleyn and return to his marriage.
罗马皇帝会给他经济和道义支持
The emperor will offer his financial and moral support...
并让沃尔西重新做回议政大臣
...and insist that Wolsey be reinstated as chancellor.
你认为这一方法有效吗?
Do you think it could work?
红衣主教拥有最多的就是智慧
The cardinal is nothing if not ingenious.
我希望您成立新的议会
I want you to set up a new parliament.
这些大事需要解决
Important things need to be done.
正如我的国库空虚一事
My exchequer is empty, for one thing.
我会谨遵您的命令
I will do as Your Majesty commands.
但我要指出 这个新国会...
But I must warn you that you may not find this parliament...
也许不会像以前的那个一样忠诚于您
...as compliant as those before.
为什么?
How so?
虽然我一直与那些
Well, though I must confess to being amongst those...
要求容忍♥和言论自♥由♥的人一起
...who called for greater tolerance and freedom of speech...
但恐怕如果陛下仁慈地给予了这些自♥由♥
...I fear that the freedom so given by Your Majesty's kindness...
那它们将被滥用
...is now openly abused.
国家内对于宗教问题...
There are many dissenting voices in the kingdom...
有很多不同的议论
...chiefly on religious matters.
都是在要求改革
There are calls for a reformation.
托马斯 你烧死了多少人?
How many have you burned, Thomas?
6个
Six.
都是按法律规程 有必要的... 并且处理妥当
All lawful, necessary and well done.
处理妥当?
Well done?
是的 哈利
Yes, Harry.
他说什么?
What did he say?
说了很多
Well, in so many words...
说他更倾向于宽恕沃尔西
...he told me that he was inclined to pardon Wolsey...
重新宠信他
...and restore him to royal favour.
你怎么回答的?
And what did you say?
我同意国王的观点 主教的确有很多才能
I agreed with His Majesty that the cardinal had many talents.
你说了什么?
You did what?
我同意国王的观点 主教的确有很多才能
I agreed with the king that His Eminence had many talents.
难以置信
I cannot believe this.
你从未想过如果他重新掌权
Have you not spoken yourself...
对我们每个人将会做出
...of the terrible vengeance he would exact on us...
多么可怕的报复吗?
...if he ever again had the power?
或许你不认为"复仇" 也是他的众多"才能"之一
Or perhaps you don't think vengeance to be one of his many talents.
我当然明白
I do indeed.
所以我才故意顺应国王的意愿
Which is why I cultivate the king's good graces.
剧集 | 都铎王朝(2007) | 导航列表