剧集 | 都铎王朝(2007) | 导航列表
You think you know a story but you only know how it ends.
To get to the heart of the story you have to go back to the beginning.
~ Season 1- Episode 8 ~ "Truth and Justice"
大人
Your Grace.
坎贝吉奥主教大人来了
His Eminence, Cardinal Campeggio.
劳伦佐 我的老朋友
Lorenzo, my old friend.
亲爱的沃尔西
My dear Wolsey.
来
Come.
你得原谅我行动不便
Your Grace must forgive my incapacity.
上帝让我患上痛风 这是对我的一个考验
God has given me gout as a great trial.
现在... 王国陛下非常希望
Now, His Majesty is very keen...
特使会议能立即召开
...that the legatine court be set up straight away...
尽早裁定他离婚一事
...to determine the case for his annulment.
的确的确
Indeed, indeed.
我这里有教皇大人关于此事的手谕
I have the pope's written commission to decide upon this matter.
而且据我所知 这是不可更改的
And from my decision, there can be no appeal.
但现在...
And yet...
大人能不能让我喝点水
If Your Grace has some water.
倒水
Water.
可以的话 掺点酒
Mixed perhaps with a little wine.
但现在怎么样呢
And yet?
你我交情不浅了
You and I are old friends.
你我都是过来人了 沃尔西主教
And we are both men of the world, Cardinal Wolsey.
我还有个儿子和我一起
I even have a son who travels with me.
那又怎么样呢
And so?
教皇想要满足国王的请求 尽管有些困难
His Holiness wishes to satisfy the king, however difficult that might be.
撇开这些不说
But for all our sakes, would it not be better...
如果我们能劝国王放弃离婚 岂不是更好
...if you and I were to try and persuade His Majesty to give up his divorce?
当然 他对这个... 姑娘的热情会随着时间退却
Surely his passion for this girl will alter and fade with time...
热情终究是会减退的
...as all such passions inevitably do.
恐怕主教大人你有所不知
I fear Your Eminence may have proceeded here in ignorance.
那让我直说了吧
Let me make certain things plain to you.
如果不批准国王的离婚
If you do not grant the king his divorce...
教皇在英格兰的权威将不保
...papal authority in England will be annihilated.
你应该知道 现在德国的大部分地区
You should remember, the greater part of Germany...
都已经脱离了罗马教廷
...has already become estranged from Rome.
这里难保不发生同样的事
The same thing could happen here.
这将意味着王国的灭亡
It would mean the total ruin of the kingdom.
如果宣布你们的婚姻无效 会不会带来不良的后果
Is there any danger that they could declare your marriage valid?
沃尔西向我保证教皇会考虑我的利益
Wolsey has assured me that the pope has already decided in my favour.
会议只是形式
The trial's just for the sake of appearances...
安抚一下皇帝而已
...a way of appeasing the emperor.
那我们可以开始策划婚礼了吗
Then we can start planning the wedding?
是的
Yes.
是的 吾爱
Yes, my love.
谨慎起见 还需要下点别的工夫
Also for the sake of appearances, there is something else.
我要继续和凯瑟林一起用餐
For a while, I shall have to share Catherine's table.
偶尔还得和她共寝
And sometimes her bed.
共寝? 这没什么
- Her bed? - It's nothing.
我的律师建议我这样做 否则会落下把柄
My lawyers have just advised me that to do otherwise might risk countersuit.
会侵犯了她与丈夫同居的权力
I could be seen to be acting against her conjugal rights.
你觉得回去和你妻子共寝不算什么!?
You think it's nothing to go back to bed with your wife?
你觉得会发生什么吗
What do you think is going to happen?
就像以前发生过的那样
What usually happens.
你对我就这么点信任!
How little you trust me.
我信任你
I trust you.
我爱你
I love you.
这事不该责怪凯瑟林 也不怪我
Catherine is not to blame for this. Nor am I.
事实是 大人 我们违背了上帝的法律
But the fact is, Excellence, we broke God's law...
此罪难赦
...for which there can be no dispensation.
你应该知道这让我的良知倍受煎熬
You understand how deeply this touches my conscience...
我到底还有多久才能解脱
...and how quickly I need it to be resolved.
我非常同情
I do. I sympathise.
教皇陛下也是
As does His Holiness, naturally.
同时教皇陛下也给您提供了
But His Holiness also suggests to Your Majesty...
另一个选择
...another possible solution.
我已经对主教大人说得很清楚了 陛下...
I have already made it plain to Your Eminence that His Majesty...
不 不 不 普里哥 这可不一样 朋友
No, this is not the same, my friend.
这个办法 国王陛下应该会满意
This is a solution which should very much please His Majesty.
说来听听
What is it?
教皇了解王后陛下是个虔诚的人
His Holiness is aware of the queen's great piety.
她本人也提及过 她对圣母圣徒等的敬爱
She herself has spoken of it, her love for the Mother of God, for the saints.
教皇认为可以规劝王后
And he wonders if Her Majesty might be persuaded...
像路易十二曾经的妻子 珍妮-德-瓦洛瓦一样
...like Jeanne de Valois, the sometime wife of Louis Xll...
宣布放弃婚姻
...to abdicate her marriage...
遁入空门
...and retreat to a nunnery.
你觉得如何 沃尔西
What do you think, Wolsey?
这当然能把事情简单化
Well, it would certainly expedite matters.
免去了审议的麻烦
It would save us the pain of a trial.
鉴于是自愿行为
And since it would be voluntary...
也就不会激怒她的侄子 皇帝陛下
...it couldn't offend her nephew, the emperor.
此外 这也能让王后体面的退位
And moreover, it would afford Her Majesty an honourable retirement.
你马上去和王后商量
You will put this to her right away.
是的 陛下
Majesty.
王后陛下能不能考虑一下这个提议
Will Your Majesty at least consider the proposal?
等我和我的丈夫 国王陛下谈话以后
I will give you my answer in due course...
我会及时给你答复的
...after I have spoken with the king, my husband.
神父 一会能听我忏悔吗
Father, will you hear my confession later?
好的 孩子
Yes, my child.
-王后陛下 -主教大人
- Your Majesty. - Your Eminence.
王后陛下
Your Majesty.
我请求您满足国王的要求
I beg that you yield to the king's will.
-他的什么要求 如主教大人所说
- And what is his will? - As His Eminence proposes.
选择加入一个宗教组织
That you join a religious community of your choosing...
发誓永守贞洁
...and take a vow of perpetual chastity.
你还有脸和我提贞洁
You speak to me of chastity?
忘记你的情妇和两个孩子了吗 主教大人
Have you not a mistress and two children, Your Eminence?
陛下已是而立之年了
Your Majesty is entering the third period of your natural life.
您已经为这个世界树立了一个良好的榜样
You spent the first two setting a good example.
这样一来更能为您的美德锦上添花
With this single act, you could put the seal on all your good actions.
请起来 大人
Please rise, Your Grace.
无论是什么理由
It is not seemly for a man of your dignity...
你这样尊贵的人都不该在公共场合有失身份
...to be seen to beg in public, whatever the cause.
主教大人
Eminence.
-你和坎贝吉奥谈过了? -是的
- So you talked to Campeggio? - Yes.
我告诉他 要经过你的允许 我才能做出决定
I told him I could not give an answer without Your Majesty's permission.
-那要怎么答复他
And what answer will you give him?
-我会告诉他事实 凯瑟林
- I will tell him the truth. - Catherine.
现在全世界都知道 你我的婚姻是不正当的
All the world now agrees that your marriage to me was unjust.
你本人也必须承认
Even you must acknowledge it.
要么你自愿 要么我逼你
So unless you agree to take the veil, I shall have to force you.
你允许我和坎贝吉奥谈话了吗
Do I have your permission to talk to Campeggio?
如果你不允许 我不会对他说什么
I will not speak to him if you do not want me to.
-我的夫人 -安妮夫人
- My lady. - Lady Anne.
克伦威尔大人
Master Cromwell.
你...你有国王那边的消息吗
Do you have a message from the king?
我们都应该记得
I think we understand each other.
我们彼此的朋友 费西先生
A mutual friend, a Mr. Fish, now living in exile in Holland...
现在被放逐到荷兰 他有礼物带给你
...has sent me a gift for you.
什么礼物 克伦威尔先生
What is it, Master Cromwell?
"顺从基♥督♥" 威廉-廷代尔写的
The Obedience of the Christian Man by William Tyndale.
里面指责了教皇
It contains many good criticisms of the papacy...
还有教士的无知和贪婪
...and of the arrogance and abuses of priests.
你会觉得很有启发
You will find it most illuminating.
你千万不能让别人看见
But always and ever be cautious as to whom you show this.
要知道拥有这种书就算是异教
You must know it might be accounted heresy even to possess it.
而沃尔西对于绞杀异教♥徒♥乐此不疲...
And Wolsey is still keen enough to prosecute heretics...
就这样称呼我们 我们这些信仰正教的人
...as we are called, who embrace the true religion.
我会的
I will.
上帝保佑你 克伦威尔先生
And God bless you, Master Cromwell.
等等
Wait.
能不能把这个转交给国王...
剧集 | 都铎王朝(2007) | 导航列表