the students of Springfield Elementary
春田小学的学生
have each created an alternative energy vehicle.
每人制♥造♥了一辆新能源汽车
One of which will ensure the future of humanity
人类的未来
as determined by a short race across the parking lot.
将由赢得停车场短程赛的孩子来保障
And now, uh, what is your car powered by, uh,
你的车是由什么来提供动力的呢
fat little boy?
小胖
Hydrogen-powered fuel cells.
氢燃料电池
Ah, hydrogen-- yeah, yes, wonderful.
氢啊 不错 不错 很好
My car is powered by the wind!
我的车用的是风动力
Oh, how it blows.
风有点太大了
Mine is potato-powered.
我的车以土豆为动力
I keep telling you I'm not a potato.
我一直跟你说我不是土豆
Be quiet, hash browns!
闭嘴 土豆煎饼
Dad, I'm so excited! I think...
老爸 我好兴奋 我觉得...
Hey, please don't stand so close.
请别站这么近
In the world of solar power, shadows are the arch-enemy.
影子可是太阳能的大敌
I think I might win.
我觉得我可能会赢
I believe in you and that's a given.
我相信你 你赢是必须的
But I don't know.
但我搞不懂
That kid's car has flames painted on the side of it.
那孩子往车上画火焰
Why would he do it if it wasn't fast?
他的车要是跑不快 画这个有什么用
Children, start your engines!
孩子们 发动你们的引擎吧
They're not engines!
那不是引擎
That's the whole point of this thing!
而整部车的精髓
Yeah... just go.
你们赶紧走就是了
That never works.
祈祷从来就没管用过
I'm sun-made racin'!
我可是太阳神车哦
Duff Beer, the only way
达夫啤酒 让老爸们
to get fathers through kids' events.
熬过孩子们过家家时间的不二选择
What? No! That shouldn't happen!
怎么回事 不 不该这样
I should have stored energy!
我应该带着备用能源才对
You skimped on the cadmium in your batteries,
你的电池里少了镉
just like a girl.
还真是女孩子干出来的事
Stick to the liberal arts, honey.
还是学文吧 亲爱的
Uh, have fun going to Oberlin!
去奥伯林音乐学院学习吧
Maybe you can transfer after a couple years...
没准几年之后你能转学
to Bates!
去贝茨学院[美国缅因州顶尖文理学院]
Enjoy Maine in the winter!
好好享受冬日缅因吧
Hope you like Division III basketball!
希望你喜欢女子篮球三♥级♥联赛
Now, don't you worry, kid.
别难过 孩子
They also laughed at Amelia Vanderbuckle.
他们还笑话阿米莉亚·范德巴克呢
Amelia Vanderbuckle? Who's she?
阿米莉亚·范德巴克是谁
Ah, she was Springfield's original lady inventor.
她是春田镇首位女发明家
Why have I never heard of her?
我怎么没听说过她
Well, totally nuts.
她是个疯子
She made a mess of everything.
她把事情搞得一团糟
Easy, girly, don't go Vanderbuckle on us.
放松 姑娘 别冲我们发疯
"Amelia Vanderbuckle lived in Springfield
"阿米莉亚·范德巴克
"In the 1800s.
"生活在19世纪的春田镇
"She was the middle child of a family of 17.
"她在家中17个孩子中排行老九
"12 of whom died from exposure to drafty windows.
"17个孩子当中有12个是冻死的
Her father worked as a human canary in the poison mines."
他爸爸在一处有毒的矿场当人肉警报器"
"Amelia was the first
"阿米莉亚是首位毕业于
female graduate of Springfield Tech."
春田科技大学的女生"
Do you have to read out loud?
你非得念这么大声吗
I'm trying to pour ants in this doll.
我正试着往娃娃里倒蚂蚁
"Among other things, she was the proud inventor
"除此之外 她还是发明了
of the steam-powered barber chair."
蒸汽动力理发椅"
I want one!
我想要这个
"A medical board diagnosed Amelia
"医学会诊断她有严重的
"With acute feminine overreachism and she was--
"女性自不量力症
"She was committed
"她被送进了
to the Springfield Home for the Criminally Different."
专接收特殊犯人的春田精神病院"
Whoa, the banana cabana?
哇塞 就是关疯子的地方吗
"But Amelia never gave up,
"可是阿米莉亚并没有放弃
"Continuing to work as an inventor
"她在精神病院中
within the confines of the asylum."
继续她的发明创造"
Bart, if we find those inventions,
巴仔 如果我们找到那些发明
we can prove that Amelia was scientifically significant.
我们就能证明阿米莉亚对科学很有贡献
Pass.
拉倒吧
Listen to me.
你听我说
I need to prove this woman was not a lunatic
我必须要证明这个女人不是个疯子
so people will not giggle when they hear the words
只有这样 人们听到"女科学家"的时候
"Woman scientist."
才不会窃笑
"Woman scientist."
"女科学家"
What's next-- boy cigarette girl?
下一个是啥 像男人一样抽烟的女孩吗
Let me ask again.
我再问你一次
Will you help me break into an abandoned insane asylum?
你愿意帮我进入一所废弃的精神病院吗
Abandoned asylum, where have you been all my life?
废弃的精神病院 我找你找的好辛苦
How do we get in?
我们怎么进去
Well, I'd say the best bet
最好的方法
is the sewer pipe.
是钻下水道
Oh, gee.
天啊
Oh, come on, Bart.
那钻吧 巴仔
Or this door.
或者从这个狗洞进去
Bart!
巴仔
The ghosts of a thousand lunatics are making me hot.
无数疯子的鬼魂让我热血沸腾
Yeah, what doesn't make you hot?
有什么不能让你热血沸腾的吗
Alcoholic stepfathers.
酒鬼继父
Ew! Stop that!
真恶心 别闹了
You don't know who had that in their mouth.
还不知道谁也把这玩意儿放进过嘴里
Sure I do-- some luno!
我知道 疯子呗
Mmm, that's good crazy.
够疯狂
"Vanderbean, Vanderbottom,
"范德宾 范德保顿
Vanderbozo--" Ah, here we go--
范德博索" 在这儿呢
"Vanderbuckle!
"范德巴克
"Vanderbuckle, Alfred; Vanderbuckle, Alice;
"范德巴克·阿尔弗雷德 范德巴克·爱丽丝
"Vanderbuckle, Allspice;
"范德巴克·奥斯白
Vanderbuckle, Amelia"!
范德巴克·阿米莉亚"
A wax cylinder!
蜡筒唱片
Amelia recorded her voice!
阿米莉亚录下了她的声音
Though I have been locked up in this sanitarium
虽然这些年
for lo, these many years,
我被关在这所精神病院
I have completed an invention that will change the world!
但是我完成了一项能够改变世界的发明
Bart! Did you hear that?
巴仔 你听见了吗
Good evening.
晚上好
Because I am not taken seriously due to my gender,
由于我并不是很在意自己是个女人
a friendly guard has hidden my invention
一位要好的保安将我的发明藏了起来
until a future time, when some liberated young woman
等到将来 某些得到自己丈夫准许的
has the permission of her husband to look for it.
开放少♥妇♥来找寻它
There's a whole closet of these things!
有一柜子这玩意儿呢
How many magicians do they have in this place?
这地方有多少魔术师
Find my journal, and it will lead you
找到我的日记 它会指引你
to my greatest invention!
找到我最伟大的发明
P.S. Nikola Tesla might have told you he broke up with me,
还有 尼古拉·特斯拉一定说是他甩的我
but I broke up with him.
其实是我甩了他
We've got to find that journal.
我们得找到那本日记
"Dear Diary,
"亲爱的日记
"Today I watched a neighbor's house burn down.
"今天我亲眼看着邻居家的房♥子烧毁
This will teach their dog to laugh at me."
这会让他们家的狗知道笑话我的下场"
Whoa! Look at me! I'm enjoying reading!
看看我 我爱阅读
Guys, did you ever read something
哥几个 你们读过什么东西
and think it was written just for you?
感觉那就是专门为你写的吗
Behold... the diary of Nathan Little!
看 内森·利特尔的日记
"I pushed a vagabond under a trolley."
"我把一个流浪汉推向一辆有轨电车"
What's a trolley?
有轨电车是什么
Old-timey subway.
过去的地铁
What's a vagabond? Homeless guy.
流浪汉是什么 就是无家可归的人
What's a homeless guy?
什么是无家可归的人
Ralphie! Come on, we got daddy-son tap class!
小拉拉 快点 我们要去上亲子踢踏舞课了
剧集 | 辛普森一家 | 导航列表