剧集 | 驻院医生 | 导航列表
有这么明显啊
It's that obvious, huh?
你知道我怎么想吗
Hey, you know what I think?
不知道 而且我知道那不会阻止你告诉我
No, and I know that's not gonna stop you from telling me.
我觉得你♥爸♥爸不是唯一一个有
I think your father's not the only one
钱和自尊心问题的人
with money and pride issues.
我觉得你也是
I think it's you, too. Yeah.
我猜你担心你的岳父岳母
I think that you're anxious that your in-laws
觉得你的家庭配不上他们
won't think your family measures up.
-你说什么 -兄弟 听着 我明白的
- Excuse me? - Hey, bro, listen, I get it, man, I get it.
我也是移♥民♥的后代
I-I'm-I'm the kid of immigrants, too, all right?
我知道因为你的父母而感到尴尬丢脸的感觉
I-I know how it feels to... to be embarrassed by your parents.
天啊
God...
我上高中的时候 有时候会特别有挫败感
When I was in high school, I would just get so frustrated,
他们就不能对西方的习俗
you know, that they couldn't grasp
有那么一点了解
simple western mores.
你比我还惨 你♥爸♥爸只是个出租车司机
You got it worse than me; your dad's just a cab driver, so...
你根本就不知道我爸爸是什么样的人
Dude, you have no idea about my dad.
人们一听到口音
Folks hear the accent,
就觉得他低人一等
and assume that he's beneath them.
他们根本就不知道他是一个白手起家的生意人
They have no idea that he is a self-made entrepreneur.
他会说三种语言
That he speaks three languages.
更不用说他的勇气和自信让他
Not to mention the courage and the confidence it took him
举家搬去另一个国家 重新开始
to uproot his family and start all over in another country.
我觉得我做不到
Hey. I don't think I could do it.
你的父母
Your parents?
听起来非常棒
They sound great.
是的
Yeah.
他们很棒
Yeah, they are.
你休息吧
Okay, get some rest.
得说一下 你跟人聊天确实有一套
And, uh, for the record, you're not so bad at talking to people.
你有考虑过做心理治疗这一行吗
You ever consider a career in psychotherapy?
不不不 我太好看了
No, no, no. Too pretty.
如果长相不行了 可以考虑
You know, but if the looks fade, maybe.
钱宁
Channing.
准备回去工作了
Ready to get back to work?
我得去看看我爸妈
I got to go check on my parents.
你的礼服熨展了
Is your tuxedo pressed?
别告诉我他们在筹款晚宴上
Don't tell me they're at the fundraiser.
好吧 我不说
Okay. I won't.
但康莱德说是的
But Conrad says they are.
我必须得说
I have to say,
你的纱丽美极了
your sari is stunning,
看起来多么清新
and such a breath of fresh air.
传统的印度服装非常简约
This traditional Indian dress is really very simple.
就是一卷未经裁剪的布
An untailored length of cloth.
但又那么的优雅
And yet, so elegant.
传统来说 纱丽被看做是纯洁的象征
Traditionally, the sari was seen as a sign of purity,
因为布料一经剪裁和缝制就不再纯洁了
because cloth, when cut, and pierced with needles, was impure.
有意思
Fascinating.
我喜欢旅行
You know, I love to travel.
我要把印度放在我的目标清单上
I'll have to put India on my bucket list.
我是来亲自感谢你们对查斯汀的支持的
Uh, I wanted to thank you personally for your support of Chastain.
也许我可以带你们参观一下
Perhaps I could give you a tour,
让你们看到你们慷慨的捐款怎样物尽其用
let you see where your generous donation gets put to good work.
-捐款 -亨特医生
- Donation? - Uh, Dr. Hunter,
不好意思弄错了
I'm sorry for the confusion.
-这是我的父母 -我是泰詹·普瓦什
- These are my... parents. - I'm Tejan Pravesh,
这位是我的妻子喜玛亚
and this is my wife Himaya.
戴文是我们的儿子
Devon is our son.
太不好意思了
Oh, s-- I'm so sorry.
别人跟我说您是从事通信行业的
I was told that you were in the telecom business.
我从事交通行业
I-I'm in... transportation.
我爸爸有他自己的出租车
My father owns his own cab.
他一周工作七天 没日没夜
He put me through medical school
供我读完了医学院
working seven days a week, very long hours,
我对他感到非常骄傲
and I'm very proud of him.
我自己没有孩子
You know, I-I don't have any children of my own,
但如果我有 我会希望自己能像戴文一样
but if I did, I would hope they'd be as proud of me
让父母以我为荣
as Devon is of you.
很高兴见到两位
Really, such a pleasure to meet you both.
-抱歉失陪了 -好的
- If you'll excuse me. - Of course.
很遗憾我们没有多点时间在一起
I-I'm sorry we couldn't spend more time together,
但我们度过了一个很愉快的夜晚
but we had a lovely evening.
我希望我们没有给你添太多麻烦
I hope we weren't too much in the way.
不 我应该向你们道歉
No, I... I owe you both an apology.
我之前
I was...
晚餐的时候太不顾及你们的感受了
I was very dismissive of you and your feelings at dinner.
不 是我不应该问及普利娅的父母
No-- I was wrong to ask about Priya's parents.
不 你没错
No, you weren't.
他们之前想来的
They've wanted to come visit,
是我一再推辞
and I've been pushing back.
我是
I was...
我是
I was...
我担心
I was worried about...
我担心他们会按照他们的想法说来办婚礼
I was worried that they were gonna take creative control of the wedding.
但还不只这些 我就是不知道
But it's more than that; I just didn't know
你们是否能合得来
if you all were gonna get along.
但我觉得重要的是我们一起
But I think it's important that we all meet,
然后尊重双方家庭的传统
and we-we... we honor family traditions on both sides.
我们也希望如此
We would like that very much. Yeah?
好
Good.
BGM: Ritual by LUC
♪ It's a ritual... ♪
爸爸
Dad?
韦罗妮卡
Veronica.
♪ It's a ritual... ♪
妈妈
Mom?
莎拉
Sara.
-宝贝 -亲爱的
- Baby. - Honey?
我亲爱的
Oh, darling...
不 不
No. No.
-没事的 -不 -不
- It's okay. - No. -No, no. Shh...
我不去
I'm not going.
不 别这样 求你了 别这样
No, stop. No, please, stop.
-放开我 -莎拉 莎拉
- Get away from me! - Sara! Sara.
救救我 我不去 放开我
Help me, please! I'm not going. I'm not going. Get away from me.
莎拉 没事的 我是奈文护士
Sara, Sara, it's okay, I'm Nurse Nevin.
看着我 你没事的 你很安全
Look at me. You're fine, you're safe.
他们要把我送走 他们说我疯了
They want to put me away, they think I'm crazy.
没人会把你送走 莎拉
No one's gonna put you away, Sara,
-因为你精神没病 -你听到了吗
- because you're not mentally ill. - You hear that?
你没有疯
You're not crazy.
你得的是自身免疫性疾病
You have an autoimmune disease
很长时间都没有得到治疗
that's been untreated for a long time.
他们现在给你的药
And the medicine that they're giving you now,
是缓解病情的
it's reversing the disease.
你是对的 莎拉
You were right, Sara.
是我们错了
We were wrong.
我真的会没事吗
I'm really gonna be okay?
是的
Yes.
♪ It's a ritual... ♪
亲爱的
Oh, honey.
我们对不起你
We are so sorry.
我们真的对不起
We're so very sorry.
没关系的 妈妈
It's okay, Mom.
奈文护士
Uh, N-Nurse Nevin?
医生
Um, Doctor?
谢谢你们
Thank you both.
我
I, uh...
谢谢你们
Thank you.
我们很高兴看到你们又团聚了
Well, we're just happy you're all together again.
你下次画展记得邀请我哦
And I better get an invite to your next opening.
剧集 | 驻院医生 | 导航列表