剧集 | 驻院医生 | 导航列表
根据我们住院病患的固定成本
Given our fixed costs per bed,
这位病患会带给查斯汀相当大的负担
this patient represents a considerable burden on Chastain.
对亚特兰大总医院也是如此
As they would for Atlanta General.
是的 但亚特兰大总医院
Yes, but Atlanta General
及仁慈圣母医院的固定成本
and Our Lady of Mercy's fixed costs
远低于我们医院
are much lower than ours.
你想说什么 索普女士
What are you suggesting, Ms. Thorpe?
如果你们其中一间能接受这名病患
If either one of you will take this patient off our hands,
术前就接手
pre-surgery,
我们会一次支付25万美元
we'll pay a fee, one-time, of $250,000.
如果你能给我们五位有医保的病患
If you can funnel us five Medicare patients
并支付30万美元 我们会考虑考虑
and up the fee to $300,000, we'll consider it.
如果我给你们
What if I offered you
五名有公共医疗补助的病患及25万美元
five Medicaid patients and $250,000?
医疗报销简直是扯淡
Medicaid reimbursements are junk.
十名公共医疗补助病患及30万美元
Ten Medicaid and 300 grand.
我给七名公共医疗补助病患及27.5万美元
I'm offering seven Medicaid and 275.
太低了
Too low.
我们退出
We're out.
斯图尔特 仁慈圣母医院拥有慈善资金
Stuart, Our Lady of Mercy has a charity fund.
假如我们负责手术你们负责康复呢
What if we did the surgery and you did the rehab?
我们可以给你们10万元基金
We could give your fund $100,000 that you could use
任由你们处置
at your discretion.
我们刚建了新的心脏中心
We just built a new cardiac wing.
非常漂亮
Which is a-a beautiful wing.
花了我们四千万
Cost us $40 million.
我相信你们很快就会挣回来
And I am sure that you will make that back in fees in no time.
如果再收一个永久病患 董事会会灭了我的
My board would kill me if we took another Perma Patient.
还是算了
I'm gonna to have to pass.
对不起
I'm sorry.
路易莎 我们该联♥系♥谁
Who can we call, Louisa?
你在这肯定有家人
You must have family here.
我三岁时我父母带我来这
My parents brought me here when I was three years old.
两年前我妈去世了
My mom died two years ago,
我爸回了萨尔瓦多
and my dad moved back to El Salvador.
就剩我一个人了
I'm alone.
你自己养活自己
And you support yourself?
对
Yeah.
我想我是疯了 还以为上医学院前
I guess I was crazy to think I'd make it to med school
能不被发现
without being found out.
如果移♥民♥局抓到我
If Immigration gets their hands on me,
他们肯定会把我送走
they'll send me back, no questions asked.
但这是我唯一熟悉的国家
But this is the only country I've ever known.
成为医生...
And to be a doctor...
那是我的梦想
that's my dream.
普瓦什医生 很抱歉造成这些麻烦
I'm so sorry to cause all this trouble, Dr. Pravesh.
查斯汀的每个人都对我很好
Everyone at Chastain has been nothing but good to me.
路易莎 我们会帮你的
Louisa, we're going to help you,
你值得比这更好的
and you deserve better than this.
我在手♥机♥上查过这个手术
I looked up the surgery on my phone.
癌症会侵犯很多器官
Cancer wrapped around a lot of organs.
很危险 对吧
Pretty dangerous stuff, huh?
对
Yes.
是的
It is.
但你我都知这是治愈的唯一途径
But we both know it is the only road to a cure.
你知道有些人说他们不怕死亡
Do you know how some people say they're not afraid of dying?
简直不可思议
That's crazy, right?
我真的很怕
It scares the hell out of me.
路易莎 你将来也会成为一名医生
Louisa, you're going to be a doctor someday.
帮助你实现梦想...
Helping you get there...
就是我们的梦想
that's our dream.
我问了我的基金会
I, uh, checked with my foundation,
得到的结果是 不行
and got a fast, hard no.
我们的捐赠者希望他们的捐赠
Our donors expect their gifts
用来支付美国公民的治疗费用
to pay for the treatment of U.S. Citizens.
还有很多更值得捐赠的美国公民
There are plenty of deserving Americans out there
在等待机会
waiting for a chance.
我不想让你失望 康莱德 这才是最难的
I hate to disappoint you, Conrad, that's the hardest part.
谢谢你的努力
Thanks for trying.
我们尽自己所能
You know, we do the best we can,
做到最好
as often as we can.
但我们不能拯救所有的人
But we can't save everyone.
你们都是术后病人 都想回家
You're all post-surgery, and you all want to go home.
所以今天我们就来个比赛
So today, we're going to have a race.
第一个走到走廊尽头的可以出院
Whoever gets to the end of the hallway first gets discharged.
就不用再扎针 检查血压
No more poking, needles, BP checks.
你们能自己做饭 好好冲澡 不错吧
You can cook your own meals, take a warm shower. Sound good?
如果走不到走廊尽头
If you can't walk to the end of the hallway,
就得再呆一周
you're here for another week.
一 二 三 开始
One, two, three. Go.
太慢了皮尔夫人 你出局
Too slow, Mrs. Pill. You're done.
法拉格特先生 同样出局
Mr. Farragut, the same.
没时间等你心脏病发好转
No time to treat a heart attack,
史密斯先生你也出局
Mr. Smith, off you go.
让胜出者出院
Discharge the winners.
失败的就回自己病房♥
The losers can go back to their rooms.
别紧张 你不会有事的
Take it easy, all right? You're gonna be fine.
-挑选出院人选呢 -对
- Culling the herd? - Yep.
政♥府♥不允许路易莎的手术
Administration won't allow Louisa's surgery.
太遗憾了
Unfortunate.
但我听说她是非法入境
But I heard she is undocumented.
规定就是规定
Rules are rules.
是我疯了吗 但面对像这样的问题
Am I crazy, but aren't you and me supposed to be
你我不是应该统一战线吗
in the trenches together on situations like this?
拜托 告诉我你不是真这么觉得的
Please, tell me this is not actually how you feel.
我如何认为不重要
What I feel doesn't matter.
我如何认为又没用
What I feel doesn't help.
我只靠事实说话
I deal in facts.
好吧
Okay. Fine.
因为医院想省钱 路易莎可能会死掉
Because the hospital is trying to save money, Louisa might die.
这是事实
Fact.
她也可能因手术死亡
She might die from surgery, too.
这也是事实
Fact.
喜欢你的乐观
Love the optimism.
情况有多危险 米娜
How dangerous is it, Mina?
很复杂 很费时
Very intricate, very demanding.
七八个小时
Seven, eight hours.
但是非常光荣
But glorious.
听起来正和你的口味
Sounds like it's right up your alley.
苯二氮平类药物有副作用
康莱德 我们都对路易莎一事感到遗憾
Conrad, we all feel terrible for Louisa.
她是个大♥麻♥烦
She's an enormous liability.
她的治疗过程要花费
As much as two million dollars
将近两百万元
over the course of her treatment.
我明白这是个讲经济效益的世界
Look, I get that it's a bottom-line world.
你说的很清楚了
You made that clear.
但我希望你能回想一下
But I want you to think back for a moment,
你当年读医学院的时候
to when you were in med school.
不全是为了挣钱吧
It wasn't all about making money.
那真是好久以前了
That was a long time ago.
医疗体系发生了大改变
Healthcare has changed since then.
我们得面对新的现实
We need to deal with the new reality.
我想我们都同意
I think we can both agree
每个医生都有那么一个时刻
that every doctor has that singular moment
让你决心从医
when they decided to go into medicine.
对你来说 就是成为外科医生
For you, to be a surgeon.
即使是几十年前
And even if it was decades ago,
我敢说 你对那一刻记忆犹新
I'd bet everything I got you remember it like it was yesterday.
我相信
And I don't buy for one second
那和钱没有半点关系
that it had anything to do with money.
的确无关
剧集 | 驻院医生 | 导航列表