剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表
Look, just between me and your buddy over there,
我做了很多事 孩子 但是我绝不偷
I'm a lot of things, kiddo. But a thief, I'm not.
你现在还小 还不能懂
You're too young to understand now,
但一个男人的一生中 会有这样的情况
but there comes a time in a guy's life,
你得为朋友挺身而出
where a guy has to stick up for a friend...
哪怕你朋友不怎么聪明
even if the friend isn't always the brightest bulb.
好了 我们和解了吧
Good. We square?
那就好 不管怎样 我得先走了 毕加索
All right. Anyway, you'll have to excuse me, Picasso.
理发店后面的巷子里有一帮人
There's some guys in the alley behind the barbershop,
正在求我拿走他们的酒钱
and they're just begging to lose their beer money.
-菲利普 -厄尔
- Hey, Philip. - Hi, Earl.
老果园码头
厄尔 谁在门口
Who's at the door, Earl?
学校里交的朋友
A friend from school.
路易丝 这是我朋友 菲利普
Louise, this is my friend, Philip.
很高兴认识你 菲利普
Glad to meet you, Philip.
厄尔 台面上有一盘饼干
Earl, there's a plate of cookies on the counter.
对不起 我得赶紧走了
I'm sorry, I have to run.
菲利普 认识你很高心 再见
It's nice meeting you, Philip. Bye.
那是谁
Who was that?
是我妈妈
That's my mom.
你对你妈直呼大名
You call you mom by her first name?
对 她喜欢 她觉得这样很时尚
Yeah, she likes it. She thinks it's hip.
-屁♥股♥ -时尚 就是酷的意思
- "Hip"? -Hip. You know, cool.
音乐家都这么说
It's what musicians say.
我爸爸在格伦·格雷和卡萨洛玛乐团演奏
My dad plays in the Glen Gray Casa Loma Orchestra.
是一个摇摆乐队 路易丝曾在乐队做歌♥手
It's a swing band and Louise used to be their singer.
她有一张唱片 想听吗
She made a record. You wanna hear it?
当然
Yeah. Sure.
他想要我们以那样的方式相处
He wanted it to go on like that.
我只能做他的情妇 而不是妻子
I'd be the mistress, never the wife.
抱歉听到你说这个 伊芙
I'm sorry, Ev.
天下的好男人都在哪
Where did all the boys go?
以前有那么多男人
There used to be so many.
也许这就是问题所在
Well, maybe that was the problem.
放心 你一定会遇到你的真命天子
Come on, you'll meet someone.
谁 给咱妈修水槽的水管工吗
Who, the plumber when he comes to fix Mom's sink?
别乱说 你很漂亮 很迷人
Stop. You're beautiful. You're bright.
我不会要孤独终老吧
I'm gonna die an old maid.
伊芙 我们可以想办法
Ev, we can work something out.
我可以多陪咱妈
I-- I can stay with Mom more.
我去跟赫尔曼说 也许他可以再接受晋升
I'll talk to Herman. Maybe... he can still take the promotion,
那时我们就有大房♥子了 有咱妈的房♥间了
then we'll have a house, uh, a room for Mom.
不用 你别说了
No, you stop.
我要是让你把孩子们搬去合众国那边
I couldn't live with myself
我是接受不了的
if I let you move the boys to Union.
这不是你的错
It's not your fault.
只是 事情本来就是如此
It's just... the way things worked out.
我爸和他的乐队外出旅游时
When my dad's touring with his band, he sends
给我空邮了盖有各地大城市邮戳的邮票
air mail stamps postmarked from cities everywhere.
这张来自欧胡岛火奴鲁鲁 在夏威夷
Here's one from Honolulu, Oahu. That's part of Hawaii.
我之前在书里看见过
I saw that one in the book.
我爸去火奴鲁鲁的一个私人家里
My dad went to a private home
看了面额两分的画着夏威夷传教士邮票
in Honolulu to see
1851年这邮票就不再发行了
the canceled two-cent Hawaiian missionary stamp of 1851.
你见过吗
Did you ever see it?
我爸给我发了张照片 那邮票价值10万美金
Dad sent me a picture of it. It's worth 100,000 dollars.
你还想吃曲奇吗
Want some more cookies?
我家有各种各样的曲奇
We have all kinds.
不用了谢谢
No thanks.
好吧
Okay.
我们来干点坏事吧
Let's do something awful.
快来
Come on.
看看这儿
Take a look over here.
你可以摸摸
You can touch 'em.
不会弄坏的
You can't hurt 'em none.
-感觉不错吧 -是
- Cool, huh? - Yeah.
时髦
Hip.
你也可以摸摸这个
You can touch these, too.
不了 可以了 厄尔
No, that's okay, Earl.
...肩负着
...have an innate responsibility
有目的地教导学生的重任
to raise them up with purpose,
我们必须认识到教室
and we must come to understand that the classroom
是人类之花的生命花♥园♥
is the life garden of human flowers
它帮助孩子们
in which the child is helped to grow
在开心愉悦的环境下茁壮成长
in an atmosphere of joy and gladness...
在教室里
...for it is the classroom
美国理想得以传播
where American ideals are instilled,
动荡时期我们需要的理想
ideals we need in these troubled times
就是绝不分♥裂♥的忠诚
where there can be no divided allegiance.
放学庆典
我们这只能放下一面旗子
We have room for but one flag.
那就是美国国旗 谢谢大家
The American flag. Thank you.
我没想到你能来
I didn't think you'd make it.
太累了 差点就来不了了
Ugh. Very tired. Almost didn't come.
你错过了所有的演讲
Well, you missed all the speeches.
市长和校长来了又走了
The mayor already came and left and the superintendent.
然后就是拉比做结束祈祷 致辞
And then that rabbi with the concluding prayers and remarks.
-拉比 -你不能忽视希♥特♥勒♥的威胁
- Rabbi? - You can't ignore Hitler's threats.
我见到了新的数学老师
So, I met the new math teacher.
他比我想象的年轻许多 来自波士顿
He's younger than I thought. From Boston.
也见到了他太太
Met his wife, too.
她会在秋季教三年级
She'll be teaching third in the fall,
也可能我听错了 是他们女儿要教
but... maybe I misheard and it was their daughter,
我记不太清
I... I can't remember.
对国家最好就是对我们最好
...and what is best for our country is best for us.
我们在那里和他们交战
We fight them over there,
或者在这里 林德伯格太软弱
or we fight them here. Lindbergh's all wet.
完全有理由不同意 然而 这表明
Perfectly fine to disagree, however, it appears
似乎我们的谈话吸引了两位美丽的女士
as if our dialogue has drawn two lovely ladies to us.
这是我太太苔丝还有我们同事伊芙琳·芬克尔
This is my wife Tess and our colleague, Evelyn Finkel.
伊芙琳是霍桑大道的替补
Evelyn's a substitute at Hawthorne Avenue
还是近几年
and has been an officer of the teachers' union
-教师工会的工作人员 -叫我莱昂内尔吧
- for the last few years. - Call me Lionel.
伊芙琳 美人配佳名
Evelyn, a beautiful name for a beautiful lady.
和我说说你在教师工会都做些什么吧
Tell me about your work for the teachers' union.
我不过是个无名小卒
Oh, please, I'm-- I'm one of many.
又那么谦逊
Modest as well.
很高兴认识你
Well, I am very pleased to make your acquaintance.
为您带来的是杰根斯生产的
Brought to you by Jergens,
让您玉手柔润光滑又迷人的护手霜
the lotion for soft, smooth, romantic hands.
现在 沃尔特·温彻尔为您播报
And now, here is Walter Winchell.
女士们先生们晚上好 美国北部和南部
Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. North and South America
所有海上的轮船和帆船 请听详细报道
and all the ships and clippers at sea, let's go to press.
插播一道新消息 纽约米尼奥拉
Flash: Mineola, New York.
赫尔·林德伯格昨日的公告
Herr Lindbergh's announcement
表明他想要成为共和党的代表
yesterday that he's seeking to become the Republican nominee
与富兰克林·罗斯福竞争总统职务
for president and to challenge Franklin Roosevelt
一个孤立主义 亲法♥西♥斯♥主义的平台披露
on an isolationist, pro-fascist platform has revealed
孤鹰其实是孤独的鸵鸟
the Lone Eagle to be the Lone Ostrich,
只要头埋进沙子就可以躲避
sticking his head in the sand to avoid the terrible threat
-我国面临的可怕的威胁 -说的太他妈对了
- facing our great nation. - Damn right.
看来赫尔·林德伯格想要
It appears Herr Lindbergh wants to be
成为第二个内维尔·张伯伦 像张伯伦一样
the second Neville Chamberlain, and like Chamberlain,
他这个大糊涂完全相信
he's swallowed hook, line, and sinker,
希♥特♥勒♥和其周围恶毒暴徒
the lie that Hitler and the vicious thugs around him
称要化干戈为玉帛的谎言
are eager to turn their swords into plowshares.
对不起 林德伯格先生
Sorry, Herr Lindbergh.
属于我们这个时代的和平
Peace for our time
是无法用写在纸上的几个字就能买♥♥来的
cannot be bought with words on a piece of paper,
美国人♥民♥是不会被愚弄的
and the American people won't be fooled.
柏林快报
剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表