剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表
And now, the second half of the eighth inning.
一垒手 鲁迪·约克
Rudy York, first baseman,
将是老虎队上场的第一名队员
will be the first man up for the Tigers.
他将再次用右手击球
He's batting right-handed again
之后是格林伯格 然后是平基·希金斯
and followed by Greenberg and then Pinky Higgins.
-比分如何 -7比1 老虎队落后
- Score? - Seven-one, Tigers.
但格林伯格有双倍打点
But Greenberg has an RBI double,
不管怎样 那是希伯来人的优势
so that's one for the Hebrews, regardless.
红人队正在替换投手
The Reds are subbing out the pitcher.
施泰因海姆先生今晚不需要你帮忙了吗
Mr. Steinheim doesn't need you tonight for anything?
我想想 他应该要在晚餐时
Let me see, he'll be screaming at his wife
吼老婆 骂儿子
and running down his sons at dinner,
但这种事我真的帮不上忙
but I can't really help him with that.
千万别像这样犯傻口没遮拦让他听到
Don't be stupid and mouth off like this when he can hear you.
我傻吗 让施泰因海姆见鬼去吧
I'm stupid? To hell with Steinheim.
-他是个贼 -贼 他是建筑商
- He's a goniff. - A goniff? He's a builder.
也是新泽西最重要的人之一
And one of the most important in New Jersey.
他欺骗他的承包商 反对工会
He chisels his contractors. He's against the unions.
一有机会就欺压劳动人♥民♥
He screws over the working people every chance he gets,
我不知道你居然会如此欣赏这种事
I didn't know you had so much admiration for all of that.
你真的想要告诉我那个让你受教育
You really wanna tell me that the worst human being ever born
在自己的建筑公♥司♥里为你找到职位的人
is a man who wants to make you an educated person
是有史以来最坏的人吗
and find a place for you in his building company?
希♥特♥勒♥是有史以来最坏的人 而且说实话
Hitler is the worst human being ever born, and frankly,
我宁愿去跟那个混♥蛋♥战斗
I'd rather be fighting that son of a bitch
也好过跟施泰因海姆这样的犹太人浪费时间
than waste my time with a Jew like Steinheim,
他只会让我们其他人蒙羞...
who only brings shame on the rest of us by--
别跟我说这种幼稚的话
Don't talk to me like a child.
他没有让任何人蒙羞
He doesn't bring shame on anyone.
你觉得为爱尔兰建筑商工作
You think it would be any better if you were working
-情况就会好些吗 -我不想余生都欠着
- for an Irish builder? - I do not want to be in debt
阿贝·施泰因海姆这种人的债
to the likes of Abe Steinheim for the rest of my life.
-欠一位... -对他来说 还有很多
- In debt to a... - There's more to him
比钱更重要的东西 而且不管你喜不喜欢他
than just money, and like him or not,
你都没有理由要放弃上大学
there's no reason for you to give up on college.
-让施泰因海姆见鬼去吧 -你也见鬼去吧
- To hell with Steinheim, - and to hell with you--
-你觉得生活中的一切... -这是怎么回事
- You think that everything in this life... - What is this now?
-我们只是在... -没事 贝丝婶婶
- We were just... - Nothing, Aunt Bess.
我们在说棒球
It's baseball.
你看起来很漂亮
You look beautiful.
我看起来找到工作了
I look hired.
哈恩百货公♥司♥ 女装部
Hahne's department store, women's apparel.
-恭喜 -谢谢
- Congratulations. - Thank you.
首先 我去见了裁缝玛尔卡
Well, first, I went to see Malka the dressmaker.
但她侄女填补了店里的空缺
She'd already filled the position with her niece.
-玛尔卡 -对 但她接着说...
- Malka. - Yeah. But then she said...
我有所有国家公园系列的邮票
I have everyone of the National Parks issue
美国 纪念邮票
国家公园 1934年
只差大烟山国家公园
except for the Great Smokey Mountains.
走遍美国之
全美邮票册
一张十分钱 我猜它是黑色的
Ten cent one. I think it's black.
你知道好莱坞的男星会接吻吗
Did you know men stars in Hollywood kiss each other?
你在说什么
What are you talking about?
你不知道 是吗
You didn't know that, did you?
胡扯 谁告诉... 我猜猜 是厄尔·阿克斯曼
That's bullshit, who told-- No, let me guess, Earl Axman.
他爸爸在好莱坞演电影 他告诉了厄尔
His dad was in a movie in Hollywood and he told Earl.
知道了吧
So there.
对一个孩子来说 你朋友知道的太多了
Your friend knows too much for a little kid
但还不足以跟成年人相提并论
and not near enough to be a grown-up.
他收藏了非常多邮票
He has a great stamp collection.
真厉害 是他跟你说富人的小孩在后院玩耍吧
Big deal. Did he tell you rich kids play in backyards?
他说了 对不对 更是胡扯
He did, didn't he? It's more bullshit.
他妈妈会跟任何人出去鬼混
He's got a mom that'll go out with anyone.
哪怕是那些不是她的同龄人
She goes out with guys that aren't even her own age.
你怎么会知道
How do you know?
住在山顶大道的人都知道
Everyone on Summit Avenue knows.
-我就不知道 -你不知道的多了
- I don't. - That's not all you don't know.
比如呢 有什么是我不知道的
Like what? What don't I know?
别卸妆了
Leave it on.
一点脂粉就不一样了
A little paint and powder does it?
还有珍珠项链
The pearls, too.
用也许是我们最伟大的先知
In the words of perhaps
以赛亚的话来说
our greatest prophet, Isaiah,
"他们要把刀打成犁头
"They shall beat their swords into plowshares
把矛变成剪枝刀"
and their spears into pruning hooks.
国与国之间不该持刀相见
Nation shall not take up sword against nation...
他们也不该为战争而训练"
Nor shall they train for war anymore."
接下来请翻到第158页
Please turn to page 158
领唱将带领我们一起祷告
as the cantor leads us in Ashrei.
菲利普 你妈妈担心你太小
Philip, your mother is concerned you may be a little too young
-不适合看新闻汇编 -我不小了
- to watch the newsreels. - I'm not.
我跟她说了 你觉得没问题
Well, I told her that it hasn't bothered you yet,
但如果你看到让你不舒服的画面
but if you see anything that bothers you,
就用手盖住眼睛
put your hands over your eyes
-晚点我们再讨论它 -不用
- and we'll talk about it later. - I won't need to.
会有关于林德伯格不得不
Will there be anything about Lindbergh having to land
孤鹰再次翱翔
全国竞选之旅
伦敦及考文垂遭受轰炸
把飞机降落在那块地方的新闻吗
the plane in that field?
现在播这个还太早了
It's too soon.
那事周四刚发生
That happened Thursday.
他们昨天早上才找到了他
They didn't find him until yesterday morning.
要经过几天时间才能制♥作♥成电影在剧院播放
They need a couple days to get the film to the theaters.
我相信到时候看到的还是
I'm sure all we'll get is the usual 41-word
跟平时一样 只有41个词的
piece of film from the Lone Ostrich
孤独的鸵鸟的片段 站在飞机前拍的
standing in front of his airplane somewhere.
41个词是指什么
What's the 41-word thing?
林德伯格就会说那话
That's all Lindbergh says,
有关罗斯福以及战争的演讲
a 41-word speech about Roosevelt and war.
然后他就乘着他的小飞机飞走了
Then he gets back on his little plane and flies off.
...为了维护美国民♥主♥
...Is to preserve American democracy
阻止美国陷入另一场世界大战
by preventing America from taking part in another world war.
你们的选择很简单
Your choice is simple.
不是在查尔斯·A·林德伯格
It's not between Charles A. Lindbergh
和富兰克林·德拉诺·罗斯福之间做选择
and Franklin Delano Roosevelt.
而是在林德伯格和战争之间做选择
It's between Lindbergh and war.
你觉得谁会上这种愚蠢的
Who do you think is going to fall for this
三寸不烂之舌的当
stupid barnstorming stunt?
继续对英国进行空袭的纳粹德国空军
The Luftwaffe, Hitler's air force,
也就是希♥特♥勒♥的空军
continuing its raids on Britain,
决定把伦敦市作为其军事目标
has decided the city of London is a military objective.
整夜向伦敦投掷高度易爆的燃♥烧♥弹♥
High explosive incendiary bombs are dropped throughout the night
许多伦敦市民在地下火车站躲避空袭
and many Londoners shelter in the underground train stations.
为什么所有东西都着火了
Why is everything on fire?
德国人轰炸了这座城市
The Germans bombed the city.
为什么
Why?
因为战争
It's war.
但战争意味着战士们互相射击啊
But war is soldiers shooting each other.
这是新型战争
This is the new kind of war.
德国轰炸机和英国夜间战斗机
German bombers and british night fighters
在空中作战直至天明
in the air until dawn.
尽管损失惨重 伦敦市民
And despite the damage, Londoners manage,
仍旧想尽办法 反抗到底
one way or another, to endure.
莱昂内尔 这让我受宠若惊 事实上
Lionel, I'm-- I'm flattered, but the truth is,
我从来没学过希伯来字母
I never even learned my Hebrew letters.
我们没有特别严格遵守教义
We weren't particularly observant,
尤其是我们失去了祖父母之后
especially after we lost our grandparents.
你不是应该去找一位
Shouldn't you be looking to fill this position
更擅长这一切的人来填补空缺吗
with somebody better versed in-- in all of this?
我甚至分辨不出《塔木德》
I mean, I can't tell you the difference between
-和《密... -《密西拿》
- the Talmud and the... Mi... - Mishnah.
剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表