剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表
little more than an hour flight west
之后抵达孟菲斯参加计划的竞选活动
to a scheduled campaign stop in Memphis.
在黎明的时候搜救队再次行动
Search parties began again at dawn,
他们仔细搜索了两座城市之间
combing every hill and field
354千米之内的每一座山 每一块土地
of the 220 miles between the cities,
寻找林德伯格著名的...
looking for Lindbergh's famed--
他的飞机坠毁了吗
Did he crash his plane?
别傻了 林德伯格才不会坠机
Don't be silly. Lindbergh doesn't crash.
任何飞行员都可能坠机
It can happen to any pilot.
我还记得他之前还为邮政系统工作的时候
As I recall, he had a few crash landings
他就经历过几次硬着陆
when he flew for the postal service.
那是很久之前的事了 自从林德伯格飞跃海洋
That was early. Lindbergh hasn't crashed
他就再也没有过了 而且他到处都飞过
since he crossed the ocean. And he flies everywhere.
我有件事要宣布
Well... I have some news.
我打算去找一份工作
I'm gonna see about getting a job.
工作 去哪上班 为什么
A job? Where? Why?
因为我和你♥爸♥爸需要多存一些钱
Because your father and I need to save a little extra money
这样我们才能买♥♥下一栋房♥子
if we're going to buy a house.
-在尤宁郡吗 -不 就在威夸伊这里
- In Union? - No, here in Weequahic.
可是妈妈 这样你就不会在家了
But Mom, you won't be home?
白天不在家 不过每天早上
Not in the daytime, but I will be there
我都会在家送你去上学
every morning to see you off for school
而且每晚我也都会和你一起吃晚餐
and I will be there every night with dinner.
但是放学之后呢 还有周末呢
But what about after school, or-- or on the weekends?
谁来给我们准备零食 还有午餐
Who's going to fix our snacks or lunches?
听话 你已经够大了 可以自己给面包涂果酱
Come on, you're old enough to spread some jelly on some bread.
如果你找不到我的话
If you ever couldn't reach me,
你可以打给爸爸 伊芙琳姨妈 还有蒙蒂叔叔
you could call your father or Aunt Evelyn or Uncle Monty,
我会在电♥话♥旁留下所有人的电♥话♥号♥码
I'll put all the numbers by the phone.
我们的新房♥子有后院 对吧
Our new house will have a backyard, right?
因为只有穷♥人♥家的孩子才会在街上玩
'Cause only poor kids play in the street.
先别着急
Now, don't get ahead of yourself.
她还没找到工作呢
She doesn't even have the job yet.
另外 为什么你会觉得我们很穷
And what gave you the idea we're poor?
我们可不穷
We're not poor.
穷♥人♥没有车 也不会有满桌子的食物
Poor people don't have a car or food on the table.
我不知道
I don't know.
他们就是不能明白这一点
This is what they don't understand.
在某个特定的时间 要去赚大钱
At a certain point, to make the big money,
你会需要钱的
you need money!
如果有一个疯子 他存了两三百万
You show me a meshugenah, he socked away two,
他就觉得他已经成功了
three million, he thinks he's got it made.
他已经大功告成了
He's all done.
想要退居二线 退休 享受生活...
Wants to sit back, retire, enjoy life...
有何不可呢
And why not?
因为这个时候才是你能够
Because that's when you've got the money
真正让鬼推磨的时候
that can really work for you.
这个时候 如果你清楚自己在干什么
That's when, if you know what you're doing,
而且也知道该怎么干
and you know how to do it,
那你就能让钱变成到三千万 四千万
you can turn it into 30, 40 million.
这个时候你才能用这笔钱
That's when you can use that money
让你接触到以前接触不到的门路
to get into rooms where you couldn't go.
让钱生钱
Money makes money.
这能够让你参与之前做不了的生意
It gets you to the deals and the properties
让你拥有之前没法拥有的财产
that you couldn't touch before.
而那些之前不愿意让你加入他们的俱乐部
And the high hats who wouldn't let you in their club
又或者不希望你做他们邻居的势利鬼
or want you buying a house next to theirs,
他们虽然不会更喜欢你
they won't like you any better.
但他们不会再挡路 因为他们需要你的钱
But they'll make way, because they need your money
去完成工作 去做成生意
to get it done, to make the deal.
呆瓜 快去开门
Hey, putzik. You gonna get the door,
不然我付你钱是为了什么
or am I paying you for nothing?
你总要鞭策这些人
You always gotta push.
这就是世界运行的准则
That's the way the world is.
如果你不鞭策他们 他们就会鞭策你
If you don't push, they push you.
保重 阿贝
Take care, Abe.
猪头
Yolds.
你说什么
'Scuse me?
猪头 都是一群大笨牛
Yolds. Every one a behaima.
怎么孩子 你不会说意第绪语吗
What, canst redden Yiddish, kid?
不太懂 我的祖父以前会跟我祖母说
Not so much, no. I mean, my grandfather used to speak it
那也是为了让别人听不明白
to my grandma if they didn't want to be understood.
-但他已经去世了 所以... -猪头就是笨蛋
- But he's gone now, so... - A yold is a schmuck.
乡下的蠢牲口 任人宰割
A rube, a dumb animal waiting to get taken.
是吗 那大笨牛是什么意思
Yeah? What's a behaima?
一头肥牛
A fat cow.
都一样
Same thing.
我说不好 伊芙
I don't know, Ev.
也许开始找工作是个很傻的主意
Maybe this is a silly idea to start with.
为什么 孩子们长大了
Why? The boys are older,
你没有什么不能回去工作
there's no reason you can't go back to work
不能开始存钱的障碍
and begin saving money.
你圈了些什么
What have you circled?
两份裁缝工作和一份办公室清洁公♥司♥的工作
Two jobs for seamstresses and one office cleaning company,
但那个是在晚上
but that's at night.
你为什么要去机场
Why did you go to the airport?
什么
What?
你为什么要去机场看林德伯格
Why did you go to the airport to see Lindbergh?
妈告诉我了
Ma told me.
我的一个朋友让我陪他一起去
A friend of mine asked me to go with him.
-朋友 又是安杰洛 -不 我说过 我们完了
- A friend? Angelo again? - No. I told you, that's over.
-我跟安杰洛结束了 -好
- I am done with Angelo. -Good.
那是谁
Who, then?
本戈斯多夫拉比
Rabbi Bengelsdorf.
-本戈斯多夫 -伊芙琳
- Bengelsdorf? - Evelyn...
林德伯格不是反犹太分子
Lindbergh is not an anti-Semite.
-不是个鬼 -贝丝 你真的觉得
- Like hell he's not! - Bess, do you really think
一个拉比 像莱昂内尔那么聪明
that a rabbi, and someone as-- as smart
有才华的人 会支持真正
and accomplished as Lionel, could ever support someone
-反对犹太人的人吗 -莱昂内尔
- who was truly against the Jews? - Lionel?
这是他的名字
Well, that's his name.
他应该五十多岁了
He's got to be in his 50s.
伊芙琳 为了神圣的爱...
Evelyn, for the love of all that's holy...
其实他六十岁了 但他是个鳏夫
He's 60, actually. But he's widowed.
而且我的天 你可以把这件事告诉咱妈
And oh my goodness, you can tell our mother,
我觉得他是犹太人
I think he's Jewish.
不是说做拉比是犹太好男孩
I mean, it's not like a rabbi is any kind of job
会做的工作 但你知道 到了现在
for a nice Jewish boy, but you know, at this point,
我哪有挑三拣四的资本
I'm just gonna have to take what I can get.
他是个好人 贝丝
He's a good man, Bess.
我觉得我可能已经找到了真命天子
I think I might have found someone.
这样是不是有点太夸张了
Isn't this a little too much warpaint?
没有
No...
这个颜色太大胆了
Now that is a shade too bold.
如果芭芭拉·斯坦威克涂了好看
If it's good enough for Barbara Stanwyck,
那伊丽莎白·芬克尔·莱文涂了也好看
it's good enough for Elizabeth Finkel Levin.
噘嘴
Pucker.
芭芭拉·斯坦威克 是吗
Barbara Stanwyck, huh?
这是她最喜欢的颜色 卢埃拉·帕森斯说的
It's her favorite shade. So says Louella Parsons.
还有样东西
One more touch...
莎拉奶奶的
Grandma Sara's.
别哭 你会毁了我画的最好的妆
Don't cry! You're gonna ruin my best work!
斯特恩先生的办公室 谢谢
Mr. Stern's office, please?
四楼 往里走电梯就在右边
Fourth floor, elevator on your far right.
谢谢
Thank you.
四楼 谢谢
Fourth floor, please.
菲利普 想下国际象棋吗
Hi, Phil. Wanna play chess?
不 我还有事要办
No! I have errands to run.
-我能跟你一起去吗 -不行 我要赶公交车
- Can I come with you? - No, I have a bus to catch.
我明天再跟你下棋
I can play with you tomorrow.
现在是第八局的下半场
剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表