剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表
顺带在地区办公室兼♥职♥
and working part‐time in the regional office.
为什么要找我麻烦
Why bother with me at all?
我能想到的唯一好处就是
The one thing I can think, the one blessing,
塞尔登和菲利普还是能在一起
is that Seldon and Philip will still get to be together.
至少还能这样
At least there's that.
首先要做的是向美国地方法♥院♥申请
The first thing will be to apply for an injunction
禁制令
in U. S. District Court
看看我们能否让法♥院♥下令
to see if we can stop the transfers
在案件审理期间停止派遣
while the case is adjudicated.
因为案件审理会需要一段时间
Because that will take a while.
我们的胜算有多少
What are our chances?
如果我们跟来自各家新泽西公♥司♥的原告们
Well, better if we go in with plaintiffs
一起申请的话 很有希望
from a variety of New Jersey corporations.
你们三人都会起诉大都会人寿保险要求赔偿
You three will be suing for relief from Met Life,
但我还想找出来自赫斯石油
but I'd like to dig up plaintiffs from Hess Oil,
保诚保险等很多其他
Prudential, as many of the other companies
与美国融合办公室合作的公♥司♥的原告
that are cooperating with the OAA.
那要多长时间
How long might that take?
给我一周时间
Give me a week before I file.
如果我们起诉 大都会保险会刁难我们吗
If we sue, can Met Life go hard at us?
他们会解雇我们吗
Could we be fired?
如果你们的公♥司♥想做出惩罚
I can't prevent your company from being punitive
我也无法阻止
if they want to be punitive.
如果我们在法庭上赢了
In the event that we prevail in court,
他们就有责任赔偿这样做的损失
they would be liable for damages if they go that way.
如果我们赢了
If we prevail.
任何宣称可以在民事诉讼中保证结果的律师
Any lawyer who claims a guaranteed outcome
都是骗子 莱文先生
in a civil action is a liar, Mr. Levin.
我退出
I'm out.
我加入
I'm in.
去他的蒙大拿
Fuck Montana.
我加入
In.
这里毕竟是美国 我想上法庭
This is still America, and I want my day in court.
莱文
Levin.
又怎么了
What now?
你没联♥系♥美国融合办公室的办事处
You've failed to contact the OAA field office
确认你的派遣计划
and confirm your transfer plans.
如果你想保住在大都会寿险的工作
If you want to keep your job at Met Life,
这周就是最终期限 还等什么
the deadline's this week. Why wait?
不知道 老忘了这件事
I dunno. Keeps slipping my mind.
你侄子怎么样
How's your nephew doing?
我们最近没见过他
We haven't seen him around lately.
-肯定在一瘸一拐地努力生活 -说完了吗
‐ Limping right along, I'm sure. ‐ We done here?
祝你有个美好的夜晚
Have a fine evening.
但如果我是你
But if I was you...
我不会浪费时间和金钱去打官司
I'd save the time and money taking things to court,
我会上报给美国融合办公室
and I'd report to OAA.
桑迪
Sandy.
菲利普跟你一起回来了吗
Is Philip with you?
没有 他在外面玩
No, he's outside playing.
好 我想跟你单独谈谈
Good. I wanted to talk to you alone.
我又做什么了
What did I do now?
你知道你姨妈要把我们派到肯塔基去
You knew your aunt was sending us to Kentucky.
你♥爸♥爸打开那封信之前你就知道了
You knew before your father even opened that letter.
别撒谎 我知道你知道了
Don't lie to me, I know you knew.
我没撒谎
I'm not lying to you.
好
Okay.
但你确实知道了 对吗
But you did know, right?
伊芙姨妈说这是为我们好
Aunt Ev said it was for own good,
她在保护我们
that she was protecting us.
保护我们什么
Protecting us from what?
她说政♥府♥给我们找的麻烦已经够多了
She said we were already in enough trouble from the government.
因为阿尔文 因为他打完仗回来
Because of Alvin, because of him coming to live with us
跟我们一起住
after being in the war.
那你跟她说了什么
And what did you tell her?
你有没有告诉她塞尔登是菲利普的朋友
Did you tell her Seldon is Philip's friend?
没有 我觉得菲利普不怎么喜欢塞尔登
No, I‐‐ I don't think Philip even likes Seldon all that much.
肯定有人说了什么 因为现在
Well, someone said something because now the company
公♥司♥要把维什诺一家也派去丹维尔
is transferring the Wishnows to Danville as well.
妈妈 不是我说的
Mom, it wasn't me.
所以...
So...
我们开始改良投币箱了
We've started modifying the coin boxes.
成本不小 所以我希望你是对的
And at some cost. Meaning I hope you're right,
而且我很希望能从中得到利润
and I hope like hell I see a profit.
我是对的 你也会得到利润
I am, and you will.
你要做的就这些吗
Is that all you're gonna do?
什么意思 小子
What do you mean, kid?
他们多年来一直在抢你的钱
Well, they've been robbing you for years.
所以他们都应该付出代价 你得涨价
So they should all pay. Jack up the price.
弹球和自动售货机每次五美元
A Lincoln per pinball and vending machine,
每个投币箱收十美元
a Hamilton on each slot.
孩子 没那么简单
Ain't that easy, kid.
我一涨房♥租 他们就会大闹一场
I raise the rent, and they'll kick up a stink.
那就找人开刀 以儆效尤
Then make an example of one of them.
我不想采取过硬的手段
I'm not into rough stuff.
如果我去找马古利斯求救
And if I go to Margulis and cry help,
他也得先经过韦克西·戈登的同意
he'll have to get the okay from Waxey Gordon.
然后 他们都会因为促成此事
And then, both of them will take a bite out of my ass
而向我讨要利益 这世界就是这么运作的
for making it happen. That's how things work.
你只需要指出谁是出头鸟
Just point to the mutt with the loudest mouth.
其他交给我和舒什
Me and Shush'll do the rest.
我的利益提高了
My take goes up,
但我还是一样要给马古利斯和戈登多付钱
I still gotta ante up to Margulis and Gordon.
是的 但这样一来 所有利益是你的
Yeah, but now, you got the whole pie,
怎么划分是你说了算 明白吗
so how you slice it is up to you. Farshteyn?
孩子 你很冷静
You don't rattle, kid.
容我考虑考虑
Let me give it a little thought.
我看到你常围着我女儿转
I see you sniffin' around my daughter.
有什么问题吗
Is that a problem?
你有意向吗
You got intentions?
现在说还早
It's too soon to know.
以上是《杰金斯杂♥志♥》编辑室
Well, that's it for now
带来的报道
from the editorial room of the Jergens Journal
祝好 来自沃尔特·温彻尔
and yours truly, Walter Winchell.
一个月的时间
That's a month.
对《公地法案1942》不置一词
And not one word about Homestead 42.
希望他们没有买♥♥通他
God, I hope they haven't bought him off.
当然没有
I'm sure they haven't.
他仍然抨击林德伯格和惠勒
He still attacked Lindbergh and Wheeler.
是 我知道 但还是那个问题
Yeah, I know, but still.
你要干什么
What are you doing?
我要写信给他
I'm gonna write to him.
告诉他 我们需要他坦白直言
Tell him we need him to speak out.
政♥府♥指示各个公♥司♥
I mean, the government telling companies
某个种族的人 某种信仰的人
where people of this race, that religion,
可以在哪里工作 不可以在哪里工作
where they can and can't work?
要是放任他们这种行为 那接下来会是什么
You let them get away with that, what's next?
只有法♥西♥斯♥主义才这么干
That's how fascism works.
你坐在那儿 是要给温彻尔写信
You're sitting there, writing to Winchell?
-沃尔特·温彻尔 -对 就是要写给他
‐ Walter Winchell? ‐ Yes, I am!
你预计
And you're predicting
这些人一旦知道他们可以避免被处罚
that these people will stop at nothing
就会不顾一切地坚持他们的信仰和行为
once they know what they can get away with,
然而 却没想过
and yet, you don't think
他们发现这封信之后会做些什么吗
they can do what they want to the mail?
行了 贝丝 只是一封信而已
Come on, Bess, it's one letter.
不仅仅是一封信
It's not just one letter.
你还想在信中控诉政♥府♥
You're also planning to sue the government.
你也说了 这是我们的正当权利
As you said, we have rights.
你明明已经知道这些人什么德性
How can you see what these people are
剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表