剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表
我妈说他脑子再也没正常过
Ma said he was never right in the head again.
脑子没事 舒什 我是腿有问题
Head's fine, Shush. It's my leg.
我说不好 阿尔文
I don't know, Alvin.
我看见你盯着那个只小老鼠看了
I saw ya eyeballin' that little mouse.
-老鼠 -对
‐ That mouse? ‐ Yeah.
你说的可是老板的女儿
You're talking about the boss' daughter.
就算她是法老的女儿我也不在乎
I don't care if she's Pharaoh's daughter,
反正她不适合你
she's not for me.
再说了 投币箱那件事
Besides, you already made a splash with that thing
-你已经引起轰动了 -相信我 舒什
‐ about the coinboxes. ‐ Trust me, Shush.
我很清楚我在做什么
I know what I'm doin'.
该死的
Damn!
昨天那场游♥行♥
All that walkin' yesterday
把我该死的残肢又弄坏了
broke down the fucking stump again.
我真想念菲利普
I sure miss Philip.
他非常擅长把包扎绷带绑得紧紧的
He figured out how to wrap the bandage so tight.
可比那些加拿大护士弄的强多了
Better than the Canadian nurses ever fucking did.
那个混♥蛋♥
That little pisher.
请证明在那些重要的资源上
Please justify the increased spending
增加的开销 用以推动...
on the considerable resources it took to move them‐‐
国务卿 抱歉 今早的火车都延迟了
Secretary, apologies. The trains are all delayed this morning,
巴尔的摩那里的铁路出了点问题
a problem on the tracks in Baltimore.
不用担心 拉比
Not to worry, Rabbi.
你进来的时候 我们为了等你把老实人计划和
We tabled the reports on Just Folks and Homestead
《公地法案》的相关报告挪后了
until you arrived, and Mr. Stedman here
斯特德曼先生刚刚在总结
was just concluding the quarterly reports
《园区服务与钓鱼及野生动物》的季度报告
on Park Service and Fish and Wildlife.
我用呈报给各位的第三季度报告
I'll just conclude by referring everyone
做为发言总接
to the quarterly status reports,
授权和园区客流量方面的
uh, for licensing and parkgoing,
报告显示我们在第三季度
which show us as staying in the black
处于盈利状态
through the third quarter.
太好了
Here, here.
拉比 该你发言了
Rabbi, you have the floor.
运作顺利的工作方面
Well, I won't waste anyone's time
我就不多言赘述了...
on what is working well...
因为已经顺利运作的工作
because what is working well
不需要投入过多的精力
requires considerably less attention,
老实人计划是一场全国性的成功
and the Just Folks program is a national success.
在三十四个州内有超过八千名少年
Voluntary participation now involves
自愿参与到这个计划当中
more than 8,000 teenage boys in 34 states,
而且这个数字还在增长 这个夏天
and the numbers are growing. This summer,
我们的报名人数可能会提高百分之五十
we may see increased enrollment of more than 50 percent.
城市中的年轻人将和腹地区域的
City youth are being connected to the values
价值观和真实性紧密相联
and authenticity of the heartland.
太棒了
Cheers.
可另一方面 要是我声称
On the other hand, I would be remiss
《公地法案1942》和总统所提出倡议的
if I claimed that Homestead 42,
第二段具有相似的含义
as the second phase of the president's initiative
即建议将美国犹太人纳入到主流社会群体中
to absorb American Jewry into the mainstream,
那我就是在玩忽职守
has found similar favor.
-有什么问题吗 -当然有问题了
‐ There are problems? ‐ There are.
项目并不是真正自愿的这件事
The fact that the program is not truly voluntary
已经引发了相当多的不满
has led to some considerable dissent.
我们之前也预料到了 我们会平息这种质疑
This was anticipated. We sought to overcome any skepticism
措施就是确保所有人员的转移
by ensuring that the transfers came
都会得到基本的经济奖励
with fundamental economic incentives,
但到目前为止 国会所批准的金额
but thus far, what Congress has approved is only a stipend
只够支付转移所需的津贴
to cover the cost of the moving.
议案中有关提高迁移家庭工资的部分
Salary increases for transferred families
并没有得到回应
were omitted from the bill‐‐
我们很难期望一个共和党统治的国会
We can hardly expect a Republican Congress
仅仅因为私人公♥司♥将职员转移到了不同岗位
to pass legislation that has government mandating raises
就通过法案允许政♥府♥授权
for private employees just because their companies
提高他们的工资
transfer them to different posts.
-没错 -但如果法案不能通过的话...
- Right. ‐ But without that‐‐
而且在商言商
And speaking as a businessman,
我也很难相信会有私人公♥司♥
I can hardly expect private companies
愿意因为雇员去了新的地方
to pay employees more
做相同的工作而提高他们的工资
for doing the same jobs at new locations.
但是福特国务卿
But Secretary Ford, sir,
如果没有切实的经济奖励
absent an actual economic incentive,
这些家庭就是在我们的要求下
what we are then asking of these families
非自愿迁移到另一座城市或小镇
is to accept an involuntary transfer
而且他们还得不到任何好处
to another city or town with no benefit to them.
为什么说是非自愿呢
Involuntary in what sense?
我们让他们搬走 而他们什么都得不到
Well, we're moving them and they get nothing,
当然 在更不发达的地区
save for the fact that their salaries
他们的工资可能相对更值钱
go a little further in more rural economies.
这就已经是很重要的了
Well, that's meaningful.
-国务卿 先生 我听说... -拉比
‐ Secretary, sir, I was told... ‐ Rabbi.
我想建一个汽车厂的时候
When I build an auto plant,
-我想在哪建就在哪建 -是的
‐ I build it where I want. ‐ Right.
如果工人们想获得这份工作
And if the workers want those jobs,
他们就得来我的工厂
they come to my plant.
不然就不会来
Or they don't.
现在如果犹太人想要保住他们的工作
Now, if the Jewish people want to keep these jobs,
他们搬去工作的所在地
they have the opportunity
就是给他们的机会
to move to where the jobs will now be.
不然就失业
Or not.
这对我来说就是自愿的
That seems voluntary to me.
我跟你说 这个家伙的右手...
I'm telling you, this guy's right hand...
-继续 -马克
- Go on. ‐ Hey, Mack.
这些吗
These?
-是的 所有这些 -好的
- Yeah, that's all of 'em. ‐ Yeah?
不不 我来吧
No, no, no, I got it!
-我来搬 我来搬 -什么
‐ I got it, I got it, I got it. ‐ What?
-要搬到哪去 -搬到办公室去
‐ Where's it go? ‐ To the, uh, the office.
-好的 -谢了
‐ Yeah. ‐ Thanks.
天啊 你受得了吗
Oh, geez. Are you okay with that?
我没事 只是有的时候...
I'm fine. It's just every now and then...
我会忘记我是个瘸子
...I just forget that I'm a cripple.
我不觉得你是个瘸子
Oh. I don't think you're a cripple.
你人真好
Oh. That's sweet.
不过...我的残肢一旦坏了 我就是个瘸子
But, um... when my stump breaks down, I'm a cripple.
坏了是什么意思
What do you mean it breaks down?
怎么了 你 你能行吗
What‐‐ You‐‐ you got it?
当然 没问题 我能行
Yeah, yeah, no, I got it. Uh...
有时 如果我走太多路
Every now and then, if I overdo things,
它就会肿起来 然后 假肢也戴不上了
it gets swole, and then the... prosthetic doesn't fit right,
然后它会肿得更厉害 就...
and then it gets more swole, and it's just...
-就这样反反复复 -是啊
‐ 'round and 'round like that. ‐ Yeah.
对 你应该把残肢浸在泻盐里
Yeah. You‐‐ You should soak your stump in Epsom salt.
会让皮肤变得更坚韧
It makes the skin tough.
-对 -泻盐
‐ Yeah. ‐ Epsom salt.
我要去电力室
I'm gonna go to the power room.
这些有点高
These are a little bit higher.
孩子们还没放学回家吗
Boys not home from school yet?
学校才刚放学
School just let out.
我乘的车一定早到了
My bus must've been early.
贝丝
Bess.
公♥司♥派你们去肯塔基什么地方
Where exactly is the company sending you in Kentucky?
-丹维尔 在莱克星顿附近 -丹维尔
‐ Danville, near Lexington. ‐ Danville...
这是今天的信
In today's mail.
他们为什么要把我们俩家派到
Why would they send two of us
肯塔基的同一个小城
to the same little town in Kentucky?
为什么要把我也派过去
Why send me at all?
我都不是大都会人寿保险的员工
I'm not a Met Life agent.
我丈夫才是
My husband was.
我只是享受他的养老金和保险
I'm drawing on his pension and insurance
剧集 | 反美阴谋 | 导航列表